Crashed in no-script zone. Now my items are broken

Miashy1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

A few hours ago, i crashed in a no-script zone.

The items i wore at the time cannot be clicked anymore. My AO is not sending my animations.

I tried clearing the cache, using another  viewer, ... same issue.

I tried resetting the items; nothing happened.

Of course i'm in script zone now ...

In edit page, scripts are marked as "running" but it seems they do nothing.

What should i do ?

All my other items do work; just not those who i have been wearing while i crashed

Edited by Miashy1
Mentioned that i tried my items in script allowed zone

9 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Miashy1 said:

Hello,

The items i wore at the time cannot be clicked anymore. My AO is not sending my animations.

What should i do ?

The one thing which you didn't mention trying was teleporting out to a location where you know your scripts will work.
Try that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miashy1 said:

Hello,

What should i do ?

get a redelivery if posssible

This has happened to me several times over the years, it can be a real nuisance.

What I do now is have all my commonly worn HUDs in one folder, then keep a backup of that.

It happened again last week and there's nothing I've ever managed to do other than replace the broken HUDs from backup (or redelivery) and systematically 'Replace All Links' for my outfits. I have over 400 outfits, so it can take a while. 

Can't do much about a crash, but those impatient security orbs become tedious - "By the time you read this you will have been ejected' - especially if you visited an innocent old LM that used to be a store. I stay focused if checking old LMs nowadays, just in case.

• Like 1

This is an ugly bug, but just to be sure we've helped as much as we can:

• You mentioned "I tried resetting the items; nothing happened" but resetting scripts will not also set them running; that's another step -- but if you're able to reset them, you can also set them running. (The killer is when you're stuck with scripted no-mod objects -- notably distinct from no-mod scripts -- which are to be avoided at all costs. Actually, any no-mod object is to be avoided at all costs. Trash all no-mod gacha junk now, to save yourself inevitable pain eventually.) It's theoretically possible for scripts to reset to an unusable state even when set running, but that must be extremely rare.
  • In the special case of AOs, even if you can't get them to restore functionality by setting them running, all the real value is in the embedded animation assets (and maybe to a lesser extent the configuration notecards) which you can usually extract from the AO object and insert into another (free) scripted AO object. (But I don't think this will work if the old AO is no-mod and those animation contents are also no-copy, unfortunately. But if the objects were no-mod, you couldn't have reset the scripts either.)
  • Finally, this specific bug only occurs if your home location is offline at the time you're teleported home by the security orb. That's probably what happened here, but if there's something else going on (perhaps something about being teleported from no-script land?) it would be good to check that out and possibly add to that jira or create another.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.