mesh body missing in sections.

shethos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

parts of my mesh body aren't showing up. like one lower leg is missing and one arm is aswell. it's showing that it's showing in my maitreya hud, but i can't get them to reappear.

there's also these blue ducks that appear when i relog too, is this a viewe issue? i relogged into another viewer & my mesh body went back to normal.

Go to an “empty” sim (I go to Sakaw usually). Relog. Click “show all.” It could just be that you’re on a bad sim that is overloaded with high res textures and/or scripts. Also -make sure you have the most recent body! Swing by the Maitreya sim for redelivery if not. 

as for blue ducks... I’ve got nothing.

• Like 2

Blue Ducks? I'm tempted to ask for a screengrab.

@norajulian is right! Head to an empty Sim...Going underwater usually works best (as long as there are no undersea decoration or rezzed animals) and if "show all" does not work, then it wouldn't hurt to "CHOOSE AVATAR" and pick a random mesh default avatar. What viewer are you using? Firestorm recently updated and if you automatically switched over that also could be a reason; I kept crashing until I rolled back.

@shethos ducks around mesh when first logging in is often a sign that you're pushing the settings of your viewer too far, logging in to another viewer which will have different, and possibly default, settings goes some way to  reinforcing that as potential cause. The fact they are blue might just down to viewer settings or skin (you dont say which viewer you were on nor the one you switched to).

Firestorm have a very useful section for the ducks on their wiki and following the troubleshooting steps on the page should help regardless of whether you use Firestorm or not https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/mesh_issues#pyramids_triangles_ducks

• Like 2

16 hours ago, norajulian said:

Interesting about the blue ducks! I had no idea! Yes, definitely roll back or switch to a different viewer. Alchemy works pretty well, although it hasn't been updated in a bit. 

do you know any other viewers that might substitute for firestorm? i have tried alchemy & yes it does render all my mesh correctly. but as you said, it is a little outdated lol.

16 hours ago, norajulian said:

Interesting about the blue ducks! I had no idea!

When mesh was new they did not tell anyone they made a yellow rubber ducky the lowest lod substitute thing, so everyone landing at sims that were mesh with people in mesh were surrounded by ducks and everyone thought there were griefers attacking all the sims...it was hilarious and scary all rolled into one

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On my mesh avatar on my feet I have cracks and a rectangle that is white.  Its the same on both feet.  And it only happens with the LL viewer.  I keep the viewer up to date and see it no mater where I go, log off and log on, still the same, and in Premium sand box still the same.  But I don’t see it with the other two viewers I use, Kokua and Alchemy.  Because I keep the LL viewer up to date but don’t really use it all that much I don’t worry about it.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:24 AM, shethos said:

do you know any other viewers that might substitute for firestorm? i have tried alchemy & yes it does render all my mesh correctly. but as you said, it is a little outdated lol.

There are several good viewers. Singularity and Cool VL Viewer use the older V1 user interface and are made to work well with older computers. Cool is kept up to date with frequent updates. Singularity lags behind, but generally has the important new stuff in its alpha version.

Alchemy and Catznip are good viewers. Catznip has some awesome inventory management features.

Black Dragon is the photographers... alternate to Firestorm. Its user interface changes and you will have a learning curve with it. Many feel it is worth the effort. It frequently updates and the author experiments with features and user interface. Way neat is it has an Avatar Pose/animator feature. Word is the Lindens are looking at adopting the feature.

Or... you might just wipe the Firestorm settings and solve the problem and continue on with Firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.