naming threads with avatar name

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's not really new, but happening quite often lately... why do people put their name in the Subject field/Title of the thread?, also see this in the Answers section.
For me it doesn't make sense... put your related subject there is a lot easier to catch attention.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

It's not really new, but happening quite often lately... why do people put their name in the Subject field/Title of the thread?, also see this in the Answers section.
For me it doesn't make sense... put your related subject there is a lot easier to catch attention.

I've often wondered it, the best reason I can come up with is that people think this an official way to get support from the lab.

• Like 3

I think what Callum says is probably close to the truth, especially in the Answer section and considering how many people there write in a style as if they were talking to official support employees, who have the tools to look into their account and fix issues directly (thus those threads include either information that should not be in there (names of other residents involved in conflicts, lots of own personal information) or no information at all).

But I agree, its weird and not helpful (even in an official support contact, the employee would probably like to know from the title what the issue is roughly about).

• Like 4

I always sort of chuckle at the ones that say "My inworld name is <same-name-as-forum-account>".  I mean, you have to actually log in to the forums with your SL account name and even though your avatar name is not obvious on the page when creating a new topic, if anyone spent even a second looking at existing forum posts, they would see that every post has the avatar name right next to it.

So, anyway, if you want to look me up inworld and discuss this further, my name there is LittleMe Jewell.

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have also wondered what they are thinking. Similarly, people sometimes send me notecards with my name as the title. I already know my name.

It provides insight into why some people find SL impossibly confusing. These are often the same people who have no idea what a forum is or how to write a post or start a thread. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I always sort of chuckle at the ones that say "My inworld name is <same-name-as-forum-account>". 

I’ve legitimately been getting angry with these posts lately. At first it was amusement, followed by frustration, followed by annoyance, and now I just want to put dirty socks on all their noses.

... Srsly? I never would have guessed your name, friend! If you really wanted assistance, you’d give me your address. 😛 I have so many fruitcakes to deliver! 

Edited by norajulian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I have also wondered what they are thinking. Similarly, people sometimes send me notecards with my name as the title. I already know my name.

It provides insight into why some people find SL impossibly confusing. These are often the same people who have no idea what a forum is or how to write a post or start a thread. 

Another thought I had on this was, that it could be, that at least some of those people are assuming the problem has something to do with their account. Like a bug on their specific account, that makes it "impossible" to open a box, teleport or causes their HuDs and furniture to malfunction etc. And that leads them to giving their "accounts name" as the headline.

Its another angle of the confusion aspect you mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.