No auctions listed - down, or really no auctions?

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... any word on the Auctions yet? Or anyone be able to show me where to go to find out about them and when we might finally get some more? I'd really like to get me a plot of land that isn't privately owned. You know, be able to put this membership I pay for each month to it's full use for once. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TY :-)

10 minutes ago, kswilson99 said:

So... any word on the Auctions yet? Or anyone be able to show me where to go to find out about them and when we might finally get some more? I'd really like to get me a plot of land that isn't privately owned. You know, be able to put this membership I pay for each month to it's full use for once. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TY ?

Keep an eye on the grid status as per all the above links. 

17 minutes ago, kswilson99 said:

So... any word on the Auctions yet? Or anyone be able to show me where to go to find out about them and when we might finally get some more? I'd really like to get me a plot of land that isn't privately owned. You know, be able to put this membership I pay for each month to it's full use for once. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TY ?

auctions are only a very small part of the land supply. 99% of sales are resident/resident sales.
Look at the map and find land that shows as yellow, or use the inworld search, waiting for auction is a waste of time. And even a more expensive one than direct buy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kswilson99 said:

Have you considered buying a plot of abandoned land?

• Thanks 1

Guess I just don't know what I need to do when it comes to finding land to buy that will come from my membership and not have to upload L$ all the time, that auctions are the only way I thought land was bought on here other than renting from private owners. If anyone has some suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I will do what both you (Ethan Paslong & MirandaBowers) have suggested. Thank you for your responses. Crossing my fingers I'm able to find something that will work for my budget and what will work for my needs on here. peace ?

2 hours ago, kswilson99 said:

Guess I just don't know what I need to do when it comes to finding land to buy that will come from my membership and not have to upload L$ all the time, that auctions are the only way I thought land was bought on here other than renting from private owners.

Right, there are two ways besides auction to buy Mainland:

The first (but more difficult) is to put in a support ticket asking to buy some abandoned land, as MirandaBowers suggested above. When auctions were working, the "land" Lindens generally put such abandoned land up for auction to give everybody a fair shot at it -- unless you had land in the region, in which case they'd very often just offer it for sale to the requestor for L$1 per square meter. With auctions totally b0rked now, they may be offering that land to anybody who asks (unless it's a very special location, I suppose). The hardest part, though, is "shopping" for abandoned land: there's lots of it, but no real tool for searching the inventory of it all.

The other, suggested by Ethan, is buying from other residents. You can just scan around the map of Mainland continents looking for yellow parcels. (As you probably know, buying such yellow-coded "for sale" land on private Estates means something completely different, unrelated to premium membership, so you want to be sure you're looking at Mainland.) Another method of searching the same inventory of Mainland for sale is Second Life "search" which you can do in-world or in your browser. Note that this is the "Land & Rentals" search tab, selecting Type = "Mainland", and in the example I restricted results to parcels sized 1024 to 1120 sq.m. (a single Premium account can buy for group up to 1120 sq.m. or 1024 as an individual, with no additional tier payment). I also set that example to sort from least to most expensive, so the ones on top probably aren't the choicest locations.

Sorry if any of this is too confusing. First-time buyers have kind of a lot to absorb. (That's why Linden Homes exist, but until the new 1024 sq.m. ones are available, they don't make a very compelling alternative.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kswilson99 said:

Guess I just don't know what I need to do when it comes to finding land to buy that will come from my membership and not have to upload L$ all the time, that auctions are the only way I thought land was bought on here other than renting from private owners. If anyone has some suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I will do what both you (Ethan Paslong & MirandaBowers) have suggested. Thank you for your responses. Crossing my fingers I'm able to find something that will work for my budget and what will work for my needs on here. peace ?

If the time works for you, I'd highly suggest taking Lindal Kidd's class about land ownership.  It is held on Saturdays at noon SLT, at the Caledon Oxbridge University inworld.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.