gimp textures not showing up in world,

sophy7777

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

waves, 

im trying to texture a mesh sign i made in blender, i have the sign in the world  and the uv map i tested on them inworld and it fitted perfectly, but when i try to do a basic texture in gimp and upload or preview  to see how it would look in world it shows up from blank. ive even uploaded it to check and its still blank. its highly frustrating. i tried it on a normal prim and the texture showed up  fine! im happy to share the belnder file if its that thats causing the isues as i am beginning at blender so might be something i havent done right there 

5d230e780261fa2c695874ce643e1d3e.png

6d017a4673f8d544db1643ad72a8b1d5.png

f1ac7bc5df827fd13e28abcd29e19fe9.jpg

d165acbf114c12e70fffd0d32e9dcd04.png

I don't use gimp so I can't say if you have or have not done anything wrong in gimp.. I am a die hard photoshop addict lol..  But I have uploaded tons of texture maps for mesh objects in SL and never had an issue,  I prefer to use .tga format but .png will work just as well.  Perhaps the texture map is not saving in the correct format?  And perhaps you need to be sure you flatten the image before saving it, and if you are saving in .tga format make sure you are saving in 24 bits and not 32 bits..  

dunno if this helps but just some thoughts I had about it.

• Like 1

I have no idea what the problem might be, but is it just me or is there some visible texturing on the edges of the object? (Visible in the first screenshot.) It seems line the object is improperly mapped somehow. Have you tried other textures, not just the one you made?

Also.. sorry to be that person but why such a dense mesh for such simple shapes? Surely you can shave off the majority of those loops?

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.