Is anyone else having trouble logging in?

purrrkitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Who am I chatting with then?

An impostor, a hollow body ventriloquisted to life through means of dark and evil magic, a devious shape-shifter, an illusion conjured through unholy (Apple) technology? Or... A ghost? 

T'was a dark and dreary night of early autumn that Fiona sought comfort through communication with her dear friend, whom she was very eager to talk to about this and that and other whatnots; the wind rattled through the not-quite-yet-yellow but certainly less-green-than-a-month-ago  leaves in the tree outside of her bedroom window - was it an elm? Was it an oak? She did not remember, but it most certainly wasn't a birch, for its bark was neither white or burn with great ease as demonstrated that one time when a local cuckoo bird overheated and ignited in a quite bright and fairly brief puff of flames, entirely without witnesses to confirm or deny the event. T'was a dark and dreary night indeed, for no cuckoo birds were outside to shine light into the eventide, for they had either all gone up in smoke prior, or never been part of the local ornithological assortment range. Perhaps she should inquire of her friend and put an end to this subplot which apparently is going nowhere - alas, cuckoo birds were not on Fiona's mind this night, for she instead inquired of her friend whether she had enjoyed her day, and what had been consumed for midday supper, or other questions which surely seem polite but generally weighs not into anything important other than perhaps to serve as inspiration for future meals - if any future meals were to be had; it was after all a very dark and dreary night. 

Suddenly, there was a gust of wind sweeping through the room - but it was not noticed, for Fiona's room was lit by an electrical lighting device - a lamp - and she wore a sturdy pair of wellington boots, for she expected rain. We shall never know what was had for lunch that day, unless her friend so chose to impart us with this arcane knowledge, but one thing was certain - nothing is ever certain. She might lie! She might mislead us, tell us she ate one thing when in truth she ate another, or nothing at all for that had been a very busy and stressful day and she was off after two anyway so eating could have waited. 

Thus ends our tale, and we have all learned greatly from it that our perceptions may well play tricks on us, and cuckoo birds should be labeled as flammable liquids - for whilst not actually liquid, they're quite small and may well be confused for a particle in certain, very distant perspectives.

But no, no login issues here - did have some issues earlier but it seems to be working now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Imaze Rhiano said:

Level3 (internet backbone provider) have huge outages currently (maybe related to storm in US east cost?). Second Life is going to be very laggy until that outage is resolved.

http://downdetector.com/status/level3

My prayers and good hopes with everyone in the twin fury of both the USA Storm and also the Super Typhoon (which is super scary) approaching the Philipines and bearing down on Hong Kong.

Stay safe everyone!

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

My prayers and good hopes with everyone in the twin fury of both the USA Storm and also the Super Typhoon (which is super scary) approaching the Philipines and bearing down on Hong Kong.

Stay safe everyone!

I've been keeping watch on Florence on Ventusky.. she went to cat 2 yesterday and her winds dropped to the upper 90's..It's just never good when they hold off shore like that ..it's just keeps pressure on the tide and forcing things to go even more above normal tide..

The rain isn't going to be good either afterwards..They  are saying something like 30 inches in quite a few places.. My heart goes out to all those in it now..

If anyone wants to have a really neat weather watch link..this thing is really awesome and shows the whole world and wind patterns and all kinds of awesome settings..

it's one of the coolest weather sites I've checked out so far..well besides NASA and NOAA,those are pretty neat also..

Here is the link if someone feels like giving it a try..

Forgot to put in the link..

Ventusky

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just saw where they say Florence looks like it's making a southerly path now, which could mean it will go back over water. Not good!

The eye is right at land now..it could just be going south because of where it is hitting..the land pooches out farther above it and could be pushing it south some..

The only way it's going to head back out is if it gets pushed out by something coming in from the north west..There really isn't anything stopping it from going in..

I think it just gripped the coast on that high part above it..

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The eye is right at land now..it could just be going south because of where it is hitting..the land pooches out farther above it and could be pushing it south some..

The only way it's going to head back out is if it gets pushed out by something coming in from the north west..There really isn't anything stopping it from going in..

I think it just gripped the coast on that high part above it..

I heard that info on CBS news ... I hope you're right. It would be terrible if it does move to the SW as it would go back out over the ocean and gain strength again. 

Just south of Wilmington the shoreline takes a jag westward as it approaches Myrtle Beach. So I'm guessing that's why they think it could go back out over water if it follows the coastline in a southerly direction rather than going straight inland from it's initial landing.

Edited by Blush Bravin

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

I heard that info on CBS news ... I hope you're right. It would be terrible if it does move to the SW as it would go back out over the ocean and gain strength again.

I'm watching the prediction on ventusky also and it's showing the same thing..it's hitting the curve of North Carolina and riding  south until that coast stops curving  right around myrtle beach and then gonna move in and up.

Where it hit is like a toboggan hitting a curve in the track..

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.