Any Idea when the fees will go down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just went and looked to see how much it would cost to buy lindens now and.. Lordy...  1.49? for a transaction fee? Just a month ago wasn't it like 0.60 or something?

Any idea when they plan to bring the fee back down so casual players (like me) can buy some lindens now and then without having to do the extra math to figure out how much it'll be? Because this is getting kinda silly.. I bet next month when I go look it'll be up to 2.00$.  LL, what the buck are you guys doing?

2 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

I just went and looked to see how much it would cost to buy lindens now and.. Lordy...  1.49? for a transaction fee? Just a month ago wasn't it like 0.60 or something?

Any idea when they plan to bring the fee back down so casual players (like me) can buy some lindens now and then without having to do the extra math to figure out how much it'll be? Because this is getting kinda silly.. I bet next month when I go look it'll be up to 2.00$.  LL, what the buck are you guys doing?

if you buy wise the costs are not higher ... if you normally bought 2500 L$ every week for  60 cts fee... buy now 7500 every third week... you'll save 30 cts  :)
It perhaps only asks a little more dicipline at your side to put the amount you buy normally at your paypal to save it for a bigger buy order.
Next to that, if you buy even lightly higher amounts, it gets really interesting to use the limit buy, ... even a simple 10 L$ more...is your first gain.

Also, you don't need to do the extra math, the buy/sell window tells you exactly how much it is including fee.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

No - a month ago it was ..... $1.49 as of the Second day of the month. Before that it was holding at $0.99 for a while - about a year or so now.

They do not have plans to reduce the fee and if they ever do, they'll announce it.

As another casual user of the service ..... Pay attention.

• Like 3

The answer is simple: if you had a weekly budget for buying L$, then instead of buying every week, buy every month. Then you only pay the transaction fee once, instead of four times = $1.50 instead of $6.00. Of course, that also means some money-management discipline in-world so you don't blow all your L$ too fast. Hahahaha!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lavaliere said:

Well, land prices were reduced and the lindens need to make up the lost earning somewhere so they increased the transaction fee. People have been screaming for years to lower land prices and now they finally have....win win....plus as others have said if you buy wise you can actually save money

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.