how far away is the SL sun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While we are at it, let's throw in some epic Natural Disasters.  It would make residents' lives more exciting if there were occasional:

• Earthquakes
  • Tsunamis
  • Lightning strikes
  • Tornadoes
  • Giant meteor impacts

It would also be cool if, when a region was about to be re-started, a giant Linden Face would appear in the sky and intone in a deep, deep bass voice, "LOG OFF.  THE END IS NIGH!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/18/2018 at 11:35 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

While we are at it, let's throw in some epic Natural Disasters.  It would make residents' lives more exciting if there were occasional:

• Earthquakes
  • Tsunamis
  • Lightning strikes
  • Tornadoes
  • Giant meteor impacts

You haven't tried to catch glytches, have you?  They don't make earthquakes or tsnamis, but 3 out of 5 isn't bad.  ?

• Haha 3

On 8/18/2018 at 9:35 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

• Earthquakes
  • Tsunamis
  • Lightning strikes
  • Tornadoes
  • Giant meteor impacts

It would also be cool if, when a region was about to be re-started, a giant Linden Face would appear in the sky and intone in a deep, deep bass voice, "LOG OFF.  THE END IS NIGH!"

To me, at least, the 'screen shake' that happens when one is on a sim about to be reset is very reminiscent of an earthquake (and I've been through a great many of those in RL).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

To me, at least, the 'screen shake' that happens when one is on a sim about to be reset is very reminiscent of an earthquake (and I've been through a great many of those in RL).

Well, yes...but boulders don't roll off the mountains, buildings don't fall down.  Pretty wimpy earthquake.

• Like 1

@Lindal Kidd

i would like to have a parcel on a natural continent. With all of things you mention. And all the other stuff like seasonal rain, tidal seas, foliage that automagically grows, changes and shapes with the weather conditions. Buildings that weather decay when not maintained.  Sky objects that require energy to remain aloft. etc

be pretty cool I think

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.