How can I give up my LL House?

GeminiCalling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, GeminiCalling said:

I just bought a 1048 parcel of land, and want to stay in the free tier. I have a LL house that came with my premium membership, and I want to give it up. How do I do that?

you'r too late .. if you bought the 1024 ánd had the Linden home, your tier level is raised to 1024+512.

you'll stuck with that level for the remaining time of this billing cycle.

You had to abandon the Linde home before you bought the aditional land.

How to... is explained many times here, i'm sure search will show that:

stand in your house, open about land, and click abandon

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Just now, GeminiCalling said:

Thanks.

That's really depressing. It destroys the only reason I had for buying the property. :(

it's just 4 usd for that raise, for the time of this billing cycle, after that you will be in the free level of tier. You can see at your dashboard /account summary when the cycle ends, it can be different from the billing cycle for your premium subscription itself.

1 minute ago, GeminiCalling said:

Thank you. It's just $4, but it really gets under my skin that the 20 minutes I went over is going to cost me. Sigh.

even 1 second would do it... many people found that out, but its how the system sees your landholding.

It counts the use of the max you had during the cycle.

Be sure to go into the land manager and DOWNGRADE your tier allotment so that it says $0 after you abandon or you may get to pay that $4 again :D.  Also explained here many times :D.  If it says 0 then that is good. The method changes from time to time so always go to check that. Two months ago you definitely needed to move that radio button back to 0 :D

56 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Be sure to go into the land manager and DOWNGRADE your tier allotment so that it says $0 after you abandon or you may get to pay that $4 again :D.  Also explained here many times :D.  If it says 0 then that is good. The method changes from time to time so always go to check that. Two months ago you definitely needed to move that radio button back to 0 :D

All that radio button does these days is set the level at which you will be warned about tier increasing.  I've done it time and time again with alts over the last many months.  I'm pretty sure half my alts still have the button set at anywhere from 512 sqm to 8196 sqm. 

LL confirmed to me via chat that the current behavior is correct.  If anyone encounters an issue in the future then either they did not properly keep track of their billing dates and tier used or they need to talk to billing support.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeminiCalling said:

Thank you. It's just $4, but it really gets under my skin that the 20 minutes I went over is going to cost me. Sigh.

And this is why you should make informed decisions.

Aka, educate yourself before wasting real life money. Hopefully this will be a good lesson learned.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.