Question on Basic Alternate Account

VincentJosh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Good Morning Everyone.

I would just love to ask if anyone would be kind and enlighten me ... is it fine to have more than one second life avatar linked to exactly one email adress ... and what if both of em are basic account ... is it free of charge ... or do we have to pay for the extra alt. Your enlightment is truly appreciated.

Yours Faithful.

VincentJosh

14 answers to this question

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The last official word that I saw was that you could have up to 5 Second Life accounts tied to one email address - and it doesn't matter if they are some/all basic or some/all Premium.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies (source for anyone interested in further reading)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies (source for anyone interested in further reading)

Yeah, but somewhere I read that they changed that "per household" to "per email" to allow for multiple 'real' people in a household, each having some alt accounts.  Much of the wiki hasn't been updated in ages.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the official limit is 5 per email. They can be Basic or Premium as you choose, and there's no charge (though I think the knowledgebase still says there is, years after they scrapped the charge).

Thank you for your helps. so technically one can have more than account linked to an email max is 5 right. How would you know if you had to pay for the extra alt ? would they immediately show up instantly or do we have for the next month bills. 

Edited by VincentJosh
Adding more questions into a single post.

Let's just keep it simple: you don't have to pay extra for an alt.
That was a thing long, long ago, as you notice from the dates given.

If you intent to horde about, for example, a couple of 100 alt accounts and optionally, you'd be up to no good, then you might run into several banned accounts. But that's an extreme, albeit a true example.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Let's just keep it simple: you don't have to pay extra for an alt.
That was a thing long, long ago, as you notice from the dates given.

If you intent to horde about, for example, a couple of 100 alt accounts and optionally, you'd be up to no good, then you might run into several banned accounts. But that's an extreme, albeit a true example.

thank you for the short yet full of information description ^-^

• Thanks 1

What Lillith said is correct. I posted that I paid $10 for an alt back in early 2007, but I have ~70 alts. Only that one had to be paid for. That's because LL charged for them back then, but they stopped charging for them not long after that one was created.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.