Hows SL anno 2018?

Tippiwan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I just returned to SL. Used to be totally hooked back when the game just launched. Had my own land, my house, did a lot of landscaping and creating. Loads of friends and knew where to go and hang out.  The game didnt have an secrets for me. Unfortunately i forgot my login for that account, changed my email and linden is not responding to my plea to get my account back up. I guess all my stuff is lost then and i need to start over again. Not so easy. Cant get linden dollars the way i used to, dont have a cc, but most of all: i have nooo clue where to go and what to do. So, tell me, what are you guys doing these days? Any tips for nice social hangouts to meet ppl,  are there still european timezone ppl playing?, places look so empty! Generally,  is the game still alive? 

Greetz!

Tippiwan 

• Like 1

Welcome back! I wouldn't worry about losing stuff that old, you won't wan't to use a majority of it anymore, anyway! Sl is definitely still alive, but it seems the way people use it has changed somewhat over the years. I can't give you any advice about hangouts, I don't know your interests. Don't listen to all the Chicken Littles who post that the sky is falling, all is still well! 

• Like 2

Yes, making money is definitely different than the old days. Your best bet is Linden Realms which to get to though a Portal Park (easy to look up in the Destination guide or "Portal Park" on the map.  You can actually make more money there than camping. Of course you need to actually DO something LOL.

And yes, you wouldn't want any of that old stuff anyway.  If you are a male it is a bit harder to get good free stuff, but still possible. Meanwhile go earn some dinero so you don't have empty pockets.

And yes, still lots going on but most of the folks I know spend their time creating and chat via IM more than "hanging out" like the olden days. 

7 hours ago, Tippiwan said:

game 

game

game

this are words a old user wouldn't use for SL :)

For support it can take a few days. did you use the right subject for reactivation? If not, its possible you get no response.

btw you can always see the activity on your send ticket. If no response simply open new or add comments.

and for meeting people...places?... use search and look for the things you like... tp around :)

• Like 1

Oh so my old stuff is worthless now? /cry.  I guess it makes sense, since its a decade old. Is there a way to buy Linden dollars without having cc or PayPal? There used to be third party companies you could buy em with iDEAL. I dont have much time to camp or whatever. I rather just buy a few to get myself started and spend my time playing the game.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:46 AM, Tippiwan said:

Is there a way to buy Linden dollars without having cc or PayPal? There used to be third party companies you could buy em with iDEAL.

Nope. No third party sites.  It is now against TOS to buy/sell Lindens anywhere except via the LindeX and that requires either CC, PayPal or Skrill - and maybe a few other things for some countries.  Here's the list of payment methods by country:

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.