Scamp Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I click on the thing in the first photo, I get the thing in the second photo...483392224_ScreenShot2019-05-09at6_48_12PM.png.14aa6d579b5b8bf53da2664a023706d6.png

Also, what does one do about the head and body being different colors? (see third photo) Do you have to just guess when you buy or can you control it?

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 6.48.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 6.49.06 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

I found it!!! Thanks for your help. The tab behaved as you said!

YAY!  Happy to help ya, glad you found it! :) @Skell Dagger he best guy to give advice on skins to do with mesh heads and stuff as are other forum users I can't think of right now.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:22 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Maitreya, Slink, Belleza, TMP, and the like are all mesh body brands that have built-in heeled feet which shoes like these are created especially for. You need to look for the Classic Avatars logo on shoes if you intend to stick with your system avatar:

5979b9f038fdd_ClassicAvatarLogo.png.4540ca8ee6ab6ba3c16548148345c9d5.png

Unfortunately, it can be harder and harder to find system-compatible footwear, since the options for mesh feet are so good that many people have moved across to them now. Even in newbie places like The Free Dove, the vast majority of shoes are Slink or Maitreya only.

It's possible to buy the likes of Slink feet separately, and match skintones by hand (they also contain tattoo 'blend' layers so you can get a reasonably seamless match to your system skintone). You mainly only need the high-heeled feet (at a cost of, I think, L$600-something), since that's what the majority of footwear is made for.

I was finally forced to buy Slink mesh feet so that I could put on all these sneakers and shoes I had, some at bargain rates or which came as gifts in events or hunts. It was really annoying. One of them keeps disappearing. The alpha to some jeans extend all the way to the ankles and disappear the feet.

I don't see how you put socks on, which I'd really like to do. I got mesh socks but when I put them on, they make the ankles turn invisible, likely due to the incompatibility with the jeans. Some people have told me the socks are in the Slink feet HUD, but I don't see any.

Ideas?

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I was finally forced to buy Slink mesh feet so that I could put on all these sneakers and shoes I had, some at bargain rates or which came as gifts in events or hunts. It was really annoying. One of them keeps disappearing. The alpha to some jeans extend all the way to the ankles and disappear the feet.

I don't see how you put socks on, which I'd really like to do. I got mesh socks but when I put them on, they make the ankles turn invisible, likely due to the incompatibility with the jeans. Some people have told me the socks are in the Slink feet HUD, but I don't see any.

Ideas?

It sounds like the mesh socks that you're using have an auto-hide option that is automatically hiding the Slink feet. The full Slink body has an auto-hide option in the HUD that you can toggle off and on, so I'm guessing the feet also have the same thing. I haven't used the feet as a standalone for a long time, but it would be worth looking in the HUD to see if there is a toggle on/off option for auto-hide there, but be aware that it might mean parts of your feet poke through the mesh socks.

Failing that, what you need to find are applier socks that are compatible with Slink (or you can use Omega applier socks together with the Omega installer for Slink; just wear that and click it to install Omega compatibility into the feet). That's where the 'socks' option in the HUD comes in: you'll need to set that to 'on' in order for the appliers to show.

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

It sounds like the mesh socks that you're using have an auto-hide option that is automatically hiding the Slink feet. The full Slink body has an auto-hide option in the HUD that you can toggle off and on, so I'm guessing the feet also have the same thing. I haven't used the feet as a standalone for a long time, but it would be worth looking in the HUD to see if there is a toggle on/off option for auto-hide there, but be aware that it might mean parts of your feet poke through the mesh socks.

Failing that, what you need to find are applier socks that are compatible with Slink (or you can use Omega applier socks together with the Omega installer for Slink; just wear that and click it to install Omega compatibility into the feet). That's where the 'socks' option in the HUD comes in: you'll need to set that to 'on' in order for the appliers to show.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't find the Omega thing you were describing but while hunting for it I found something else -- UKD Mens Sock Colour Applier HUD for $99.

This product requires that you turn the sock ON on the "Slink Utilities HUD". There are two Slink HUDs. I remember trying them both in vain and wondering -- why don't they have their own built-in sock feature? They have a thing that *says* "SOCKS" (like painted toe-nails!) but clicking it on and off seems to "do nothing". If you look closely, however, the "On" mode does seem to striate the texture of the mesh foot. So once *that* is "on" then the other product can paint socks on it that more or less look like cotton socks (or you could buy nylon).

Mesh socks, however, of the type that are both manual and resize as to whether you can change dimensions of them just never seem to go in right -- you can try fitting them on (they aren't really true socks, just a gap filler) but they are constantly poking through shoes or jeans. If you just lucked on the right combination of jeans, I suppose, the mesh socks will look more realistic and painted on. To be sure, this is just one more attached thing making your score rise

This is why I don't bother with clothes. It rapidly becomes insane -- and expensive. I don't think people engrossed in clothes realize the insanity of all the things they are asked to do, all the instructions and facts and tips they are forced to absorb; all the glitches and their compensations they are forced to adapt to. I don't want to spend the time on it.

Speaking of auto-hide, the whole reason I just bothered with looking at clothes, which I rarely do, is because a 50LF shirt had an "autohide" in it as a separate add-on. I used "add" and it didn't hide my chest. I suppose this is because it's a system body and not mesh body? But alphas work on it.

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Speaking of auto-hide, the whole reason I just bothered with looking at clothes, which I rarely do, is because a 50LF shirt had an "autohide" in it as a separate add-on. I used "add" and it didn't hide my chest. I suppose this is because it's a system body and not mesh body? But alphas work on it.

As far as I understand, "auto-hide" is generally specific to a particular mesh body because it is toggling alpha layers on the particular mesh body (instead of you having to turn the alpha layers on  in the body's HUD.  So it's different than an alpha layer (which only works on system bodies, but not on mesh bodies).  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.