Feeling totally burned by TMP

Quin Dezno

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How did you "lose" 2000L? You cannot "lose" L$. You have to spend it. When you spend it you are making a choice to spend it.

So how about more details about why you're ranting. If it's because TMP is currently a flaming fireball in the sky headed toward a crash then perhaps you haven't done the research you should have (as this has been known for a few weeks by now) and thus did not know this before buying? Though, as I understand it: TMP is still functional as of this writing, so how is it you were able to "lose" 2000L again? I am genuinely curious.

If you mean you spent that money on TMP and now it's all free, then ask all the people who purchased SMB bodies over the last couple years how they feel about it.

Caveat emptor, friend.

Edited by Alyona Su

Well you are right I should have done more research. However I found the marketing disingenuous, The suggestion was that one could get a body and a head for 500L each, but when one tries to make use of these items one finds it is impossible to do so without significant additional purchases. So I bought the membership  (another 500L) because it said that with the exception of the bodies and heads the entire boutique could be had for free. I did that. Then I found I still had to purchase a skin, another 500L, and even after this purchase I still had an unusable avatar. At that point I've had to give up empty handed. If there had been a notecard listing the required purchases, and the associated costs, I would have been able to make an informed choice.

1 hour ago, Quin Dezno said:

So I bought the membership  (another 500L) because it said that with the exception of the bodies and heads the entire boutique could be had for free.

You didn't need the membership for that. The boutique has been free for everyone, regardless of group membership.

1 hour ago, Quin Dezno said:

If there had been a notecard listing the required purchases, and the associated costs, I would have been able to make an informed choice.

No notecard, but a quick google would have brought up this video, in which it's mentioned (as the vlogger discovers) that you need additional purchases for skin, eyes, brows, etc:

37 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

You didn't need the membership for that. The boutique has been free for everyone, regardless of group membership.

No notecard, but a quick google would have brought up this video, in which it's mentioned (as the vlogger discovers) that you need additional purchases for skin, eyes, brows, etc:

I was actually kind of surprise that Berry "featured" that when we all (and apparently she did too) know it was NOT a good deal. She even said that in the blog post.   Oh well. Knowledge is sometimes spendy. 

To the OP, altamura gives away some pretty nice avatars (no Omega usually) regularly and there is a new V2 of Davide from exmachina just out. I have a few caveats with that too as it seems like only the newest items made work with Omega -- no idea why and research only had me going in circles).  BUT you might take a look at it.   

Here is my not publish yet photo from an upcoming blog post. Using this month's group gift skin from Seven Deadly S[k]ins (not really my style but the body applier is quite nice so that bodes well for the future.

5ab5bcd737d08_bansheelight3.thumb.jpg.2f3a7ffa9681fcf5f703014e9029e75c.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Quin Dezno said:

... it said that with the exception of the bodies and heads the entire boutique could be had for free. ....

Ah yes I see the problem, there was some misunderstanding. The Boutique section just refers to clothing items. I think you have all the body parts needed now. (as far as I understand, you have body, head, skin for head) Go grab some free cloth for it (might take a while due to the way the Shops are designed, but right now their cloth are free and you already have a body, right?)

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, Quin Dezno said:

Thank you for all the responses, I feel a little better now :-)

Look, it's okay to be p*ssed off at what happened in your situation. When I started shopping for mesh body the first time I went through what you did, except:

I don't make any actual purchases - I pretend purchase first, then look to see what else will be required, etc.

In short, I found that TMP was "nickel-and-diming, meaning they are lying by omission: Yes, only XXL$ for head and body! (but don't mention how you also need their skin at more cost, etc.) The truth is that I was going to buy TMP but the requirement of a HUD and the *way* to go about it was both confusing and infuriating to me, which translated into bright red flags and so I moved on.

I'm sorry you got burned (and yes: everyone who owns a TMP got burned in the long run). Fortunately, 2000L$ isn't as much as it feels like it is. I just dropped 25K on a makeover that included nothing but the body, head, skin, and effects HUD (dirty face, etc.). If THIS scenario happened to me I'd be a lot more than pissed. :) Fortunately, I'm familiar with the creators and know their work.

Look at it this way: experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. You are now wider and smarter. Take what you've learned and apply it to all future shopping.

56 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

...You are now wider and smarter.

Well I would have been wider if I'd gotten the TMP bod, but as I continue to use my Cute factor body I still remain quite narrow! :-)

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten so POed but on the other hand speaking up might prevent someone else from making the mistake I did.

In any case thanks for taking the time to speak with me.

4 hours ago, Quin Dezno said:

Well I would have been wider if I'd gotten the TMP bod, but as I continue to use my Cute factor body I still remain quite narrow! :-)

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten so POed but on the other hand speaking up might prevent someone else from making the mistake I did.

In any case thanks for taking the time to speak with me.

People have been trying to warn folks about TMP for a LONG time... when they were still around in SL we couldn't really get away with naming them openly in the forums... but as they seem to have left... It appears the forumites have declared open season... but their shop is still there, and not everyone is here... so folks still get taken often enough. Somebody on the other end of the line has got to be withdrawing funds from that place...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.