Thought of a Reason for an Alt finally

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It appears maybe you can’t donate your “premium bonus” land (now 1024) - only land you have above that which is “paid for”?

You don't donate land. You donate tier to the group and the group owns the land. 

How exactly are you trying to donate something?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Hehe. Those pics look very male. I'd only ever seen the forum pic, which gave me the impression of the opposite O.o

If I can get really big eyes again, like I had pre-mesh but without eyelid distortion, that may add back some androgyny. Hoping I can find a slightly more androgynous head/head-skin before long. @Skell Dagger is my spirit animal.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You don't donate land. You donate tier to the group and the group owns the land. 

How exactly are you trying to donate something?

Ahah! If your premium bonus land is not really part of your tier, then you can’t donate it - right? Only possible to donate “everything but”  the premium 1024?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Ahah! If your premium bonus land is not really part of your tier, then you can’t donate it - right? Only possible to donate “everything but”  the premium 1024?

You don't have any 'premium bonus land'. You have 'premium bonus tier'. You should be able to donate any "available" tier that you have. 

Go to you Dashboard, Account Summary page and see what it says you have available:

image.png.c896ae49286a18b0a897fb13c424b153.png

• Thanks 1

You should be able to donate the tier to your group, on the 'land' tab of the group dialog box in-world.  When you have that group info open, that page will show the maximum that the avi can donate, and it will include the premium 1024. 

ETA: you can donate tier to your group, even if your group doesn't own any land yet.  When you do this, be sure to do a purchase for group when you do buy land that is to be group-owned.

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Thanks 1

It works best, for group land, to purchase it for the group - and that option I think is only found when you have the group tag active, and you open the 'about land' to initiate the purchase (rather than the 'for sale' icon in the title bar) - I think.  There was another thread in the last day or so that had some comments on the specifics of this.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

OK, ok..so my original proposition is ok: Love and Alt can donate their 1024 Premium tier to group. However, group land must be purchased for group. 

Correct.  However, you don't necessarily have to make your alt premium.  

You can create a new group, with an alt as the other member - just a regular basic account.

Then first deed your current sim to the group -- use the "with tier" option.  This puts your current sim into the group along with the tier that you are already paying for the sim - and it lets the group benefit from the 10% bonus off of that tier amount.  

Then donate your 1024 to the group - the donate box will tell you the max that you can donate at your current pricing level.  

Then due to the 10% bonus, the group will be able to buy a pretty big lot without ever needing a donation from the alt - as Moira mentioned, just buy the land 'for group' with your group tag active.  See the info in this previous post I made that shows the numbers:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/419733-thought-of-a-reason-for-an-alt-finally/?do=findComment&comment=1729266

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Technically, you don't need to buy for the group. You can each buy a 1024, but, if you want to join them, they do need to be owned by a group so that you can each donate your tier. So, all in all, do it the group way from the outset.

Edited by Phil Deakins

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Then due to the 10% bonus, the group will be able to buy a pretty big lot without ever needing a donation from the alt.  See the info in this previous post I made that shows the numbers:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/419733-thought-of-a-reason-for-an-alt-finally/?do=findComment&comment=1729266

Edited just now by LittleMe Jewell

Saved link.

What Lil wrote is correct. If the sim is group-owned, there's the 10% group bonus, which is 6553.6 sqm. Add your 1024, and it's 7577.6 sqm. Because the smallest chunk that land can be divided into is 16 sqm, you could have extra land up to 7568 sqm without needing a premium alt. But you do need an alt in the group to keep the group alive.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

I just want to know what Love gets up to with his 65K...

..or do I? O.o

If we confuse him enough with all his donating and tier  he might end up donating it to the forums and I am sure we could get up to all sorts of innocent things there

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

I just want to know what Love gets up to with his 65K...

..or do I? O.o

37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If we confuse him enough with all his donating and tier  he might end up donating it to the forums and I am sure we could get up to all sorts of innocent things there

See pics I just posted in 2 threads for an idea.

Also, if I got a chance, I’d expand my adult beach mainland to add more land next to it.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Yesterday I took step 1, which was to cut out the 10% group bonus because it's highly unlikely I'll find a parcel of a size that includes the group bonus.

Today I took step 2 - promoting an alt to premium - and I noticed something. I don't know which thread it was in, but I think it was one of Love's so I'll post about it here. Even though the alt's account indicated Payment info used, I still had to provide payment details for it. At first I was going to abandon the idea, but then I saw that PayPal is ok to use (I used a bank for this account's payment method), so I clicked that way - and this is the point. The next page came up with my PayPal info. I didn't have to enter it. In other words, the alt and I are associated within the SL system.

So it's a bit of information on the topic of whether or not alts and mains are associated within the system. The alt I'm using was created when we had to pay to create one, so payed-for alts ARE associated. That's the bit of info I wanted to post :)

Sorry if I was a bit long-winded getting to it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Yesterday I took step 1, which was to cut out the 10% group bonus because it's highly unlikely I'll find a parcel of a size that includes the group bonus.

Today I took step 2, and I noticed something. I don't know which thread it was in, but I think it was one of Love's so I'll post about it here. Even though the alt's account indicated Payment info used, I still had to provide payment details for it. At first I was going to abandon the idea, but then I saw that PayPal is ok to use (I used a bank for this account's payment method), so I clicked that way - and this is the point. The next page came up with my PayPal info. I didn't have to enter it. In other words, the alt and I are associated within the SL system.

So it's a bit of information on the topic of whether or not alts and mains are associated within the system. The alt I'm using was created when we had to pay to create one, so payed-for alts ARE associated. That's the bit of info I wanted to post :)

Yes, I had asked multiple times if accounts were associated (which could be a GOOD thing if it makes setup smoother), but everyone said “no”.

1. Perhaps it pulled up your PayPal based on the RL info and email you provided? I plan to use the same credit card, so hopefully it will be as easy.

2. Why were you going to abandon the idea, when confronted with the possibility of entering payment details?

3. Why cut out 10% bonus over new land, can existing land not be deeded to the group? I kept seeing yesterday “make sure you buy land for the group”, so I’m confused on that point. (Or, don’t you already have enough land to make this worthwhile?)

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1. Remember that I payed for the alt account. That was back when we could have up to 5 alts, each to be payed for. They had to be associated at that time. Then payment was dropped and the probability is that alts were no longer associated. Yes, they can be put together if things like the same email address, or payment details are used. But when this alt was created, the act of creating it associated it with its main.

2. My initial thinking was to get the $72 premium fee from my account into the alt's account, instead of using my bank. I have plenty of US$ in my SL account. Paying through PayPal never entered my head, even though I've cashed out into PayPal and have plenty there too. Getting my US$ into the alt's account meant, giving it enough L$ (not a problem) and the alt cashing it to US$, or setting up to pay though my bank. It was all just a bit convoluted, which is why I almost abandoned the idea. Then I saw the PayPal button. I could do it that way so I went ahead. What I didn't expect was SL to know that the alt is me and fill in the fields automatically. It makes total sense though, considering that the alt and main were definitely tied to each other when the alt was created.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

3. Why cut out 10% bonus over new land, can existing land not be deeded to the group? I kept seeing yesterday “make sure you buy land for the group”, so I’m confused on that point. (Or, don’t you already have enough land to make this worthwhile?)

Thanks @Phil Deakins, see #3 which I added in an edit. (Only just now saw your response due to email notification / non-quote.)

22 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

1b. Perhaps cookies and auto-login choices for PayPal within the same browser could also be a reason? 

Phil answered earlier that his Alt was created back when they were associated with main accounts. Since that will not be true for me, I’ll probably have a different experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.