Funny, rude, embarassing etc. stuff said to you in SL

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when I was new some kind person gave me a folder of skins which I still use, but one with a nice oil effect on it had a not so attractive face, I put it on anyways because the body looked sexy incase I scored, went to a club but no hits, as soon as I left the place I got an IM from a man saying "You should change your avatar or leave SL, its not a place for ugly people".

Something that still makes me chuckle, also from my early days is when a foreign man called me "B***h girl" because  I  removed him from my list, he didnt know 'girl' need not be added, infact he said that right after sending me a freind request to re-add him, it literally was a demand "Add me b***h girl".

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I once got told that I am a nasty Person. I found that to be funny, rude AND embarassing (for him) at the same time, since I was the one being polite while he insulted me because I didn't want to boink his alt. (I'm assuming it was his alt. He tried to encourage me to screw a random dude, and proceeded to paint himself as some sort of the second coming of Jesus for trying to "help people out".)

Another time, someone from my neighborhood befrieded me - seemed to be a nice person, although one part in his profile stuck me as odd - where he complained about all the gals having a supermodel-attitude despite being lonely housewifes irl and that they should remember that there are real people with real feelings behind every avatar. To me, that sounded like he got rejected a few times, heh. Fast forward a few days of simple small talk and he asked me when we're going to "play". I told him that I am not interessted in that, to which he replied, that in that case, he propably wont talk much to me anymore, since he's mostly online to get it one with his "playmates", and if I don't put out, I'm ranking low on his "talk to"-list.
That was the most rude thing someone has ever dared to say to me. Aparently others need to see him as a person, but he's free to see others soley as a means to get off. Nice! 
I found solace in the fact that, since  he was in my neighborhood, I always saw him online, in his little home, all by himself. :] 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I told him that I am not interessted in that, to which he replied, that in that case, he propably wont talk much to me anymore, since he's mostly online to get it one with his "playmates", and if I don't put out, I'm ranking low on his "talk to"-list.
That was the most rude thing someone has ever dared to say to me.

I can imagine, how your jaw dropped back then. 7.gif
But there is also something positive for you about the way he behaved. A big pile of poo is easier to spot and to avoid to step in than a small one.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i remember a recent one. I used to be a mentor for an organization. So one day a girl and a guy visited our sim.They were loud and obnoxious in local chat, spamming gestures and what not. I politely asked them to stop bothering other new players in our sim, to which the girl replied with some nasty sh...t and attached a graphics card crasher.However she failed to crash me , just felt a little lag. It was the first time someone actually tried to grief me personally.

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I can imagine, how your jaw dropped back then. 7.gif
But there is also something positive for you about the way he behaved. A big pile of poo is easier to spot and to avoid to step in than a small one.

I´d have replied with a laugh and blocked him... what a ......

BTT:

I´ve been called so many things... the funniest names have come up when I asked for a custom forum title xD

Rude ones... oh a lot of them when I was admin to an adult RP sim and I wouldn´t get it on with just any avatar that appeared somehow male-ish... xD  (they ran to my boss and he told them he himself wouldn´t dare to speak to me like that :ph34r:B|:D)

Along with those on the starter sims IMing while standing INSIDE of you after seconds of rezzing in for the first time, DEMANDING inappropriate things... (yeeey 3 of my pet peeves combined xD  I either derendered and blocked them, answered them in local..politely but declining ...usually^^ or tore them a new one... depending on my mood *coughs*)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ForrestChild said:

Once, I received a friend request with an extremely perverted message from some guy who thought I was  Babygirl.

Yeah ... those.  :roll eyes:

I have seen everything from "wo ur hawt" to a man begging me to urinate on him because he was so thirsty.  I have been offered some money for period stained panties, too. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ForrestChild said:

Once, I received a friend request with an extremely perverted message from some guy who thought I was  Babygirl.

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yeah ... those.  :roll eyes:

I have seen everything from "wo ur hawt" to a man begging me to urinate on him because he was so thirsty.  I have been offered some money for period stained panties, too. 

both of those  stopped for me when I stopped going to starter sims or clubs I found in the destination list... same with the "hi" IMs...:SwingingFriends:

• Like 2

A guy once teleported into a welcome area and started chatting rudely. It seemed he was trying to make it look like he was better than everyone. When he stopped chatting for a minute I thought he was gone and remarked something like, "Ugh, that idiot left. Who does he think he is?" After a few seconds the guy types, "I heard that. I'm still here." The place went awkwardly silent for a welcome area. Then people laughed and the guy left. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The most rude (and funny) conversation I have had (or at least the one I can remember right now) was not started inworld but here on the forums (although the douchebag also IM'd me, as I later discovered). I had commented on the thread of some girl back in 2014, who mistakenly send gifts from the marketplace to her alt, but used her alts displayname for that. My wording wasn't the most rosy-softy one, but she obviously wasn't offended by that and even agreed that she should have been more careful before spending hundreds of Linden. Fast forward to spring 2017: I had long forgotten that this conversation had ever happened when some guy messaged me because of that one reply. He was obviously anrgy how I dared to speak like that to her. He said in real life, he would have " publicly verbally eviscerated" me.

Somehow he thought that would impress me.

• Haha 3

For my experience, the most rude ones are the disappointed ones, the ones who take SL as a dating platform.
It doesnt matter if you meet them by chance at a sandbox and add them because you had a nice talk about SL in general, the weather and what you will cook tonight.
It also doesnt matter if you state in your profile, you are just willing to have platonic friendships in SL.
Sooner or later there is drama, when they finally manage to realise you wont take a ride on their lap in SL or in RL.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.