Karina Leborski

Marketplace transactions

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi! Quick question. I saw on the marketplace an option for buying not with Lindens, but straight with paypal. Do I still need to pay the 1$ commission in that case, like when purchasing Lindens?

Thanks!

Edited by Karina Leborski

5 answers to this question

I believe that the commission is still charged - I think that it combines the transactions of buying the lindens needed thru the lindex (using your Paypal), and then completing the MP transaction using the lindens it just purchased.

• Like 1

You also can't toy with the exchange rate to get the best L$/(your currency) relation, which makes the process quite similar to "quick buying" L$ within your viewer.

Overall, you are more likely to overpay compared to paying with L$ right away.

I'd rather suggest to pile up a few items you wish to purchase and buy a larger amount of L$ currency at once, instead of several split transactions.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2018 at 2:16 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Overall, you are more likely to overpay compared to paying with L$ right away.

I'd rather suggest to pile up a few items you wish to purchase and buy a larger amount of L$ currency at once, instead of several split transactions.

This is a very good point.  Remember that when you by L$, you always pay a fee for the transaction. You will be charged a fixed fee of $0.99 per transaction regardless of the amount of L$ you purchase, so if you buy something in MP for L$250 (about $1 US) and pay through MP with PayPal or your credit card, you are paying another dollar for the transaction -  DOUBLING your cost!  It is much smarter to go directly to the LindeX and buy, say, $20 worth of L$ (about L$5000). You'll still pay a $0.99 fee, but that 99 cents is only 5% of the cost of the total transaction.

• Like 2

The most likely presumption is yes.

Though there IS one quick and easy way to find out. :)

moirakathleen and Alyona:  Yes, they charge the $0.99 USD transaction fee.  As Rolig says, this becomes very costly very quickly.  I don't recommend using the "pay with $USD" option.