Are you attracted to avi’s who look a certain way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm attracted to avatars that take time and effort on their look (mesh or not) and that know how to accessorize well. Call me shallow but I don't tend to talk to people who have avatars that are not interesting in any way to me.

Edited by Annika Velde
Fixed some words.

Yes.

An avatar can be attractive, and I - as so many others it seems - think it's important with care and detail. By this point I've gotten so used to being surrounded by high-poly mesh avatars that system ones are moving towards the shelf along with Lara Croft from 1996's Tomb Raider and N64 Goldeneye's Xenia. Of course there are exceptions, some system avis actually look good - and I'd dare say the majority of mesh avatars look like they were put together by a blind person.

That said, I have my quirks - red hair is a plus, being a twisted daemonette, a clockwork doll or a scifiesque gynoid may draw my attention to the visual. But that's shallow attraction; to actually receive my interest and affection, it requires a whole lot more than a few neatly placed pixels.

Avatars whose virtual mass is 90% bosom, posterior and thighs I find about as interesting as this guy:

michelin.jpg

Avatars who look like they're trying to survive a holocaust are no better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm attracted to certain physical characteristics - in RL and SL; and I have RL preferences (both physical and personality-wise) that transfer over into SL. I don't really deviate too much from that. I mean I could give the PC answer and say that "oh, I'm accepting of everyone, I don't care how they look!" But that would be a lie, because I like looking at avies that are well put together and having them around me.

I usually hang around with people in both worlds who share the same interests as I do, and one of my favorite things to do is SHOP. I find that many (not all) people who have standard avies, esp the ones who've had them for a very long time without upgrading and who DO NOT BELIEVE IN SPENDING L$ at all - on anything whatsoever, will not mesh well with me, because they take no pleasure in doing such things. 

My interests in SL have changed over the years, so my activities inworld have changed also. Exploring, photography, meeting people and chatting are still things that I like to do, but when it comes to hanging out with friends and doing things we both enjoy, well it varies, and the last thing I'd want to do is feel as though I'm pressuring someone into doing something they'd rather not. So it's better for all if they stick to what they like and I stick to what I like.

• Like 3

Being degenerate furry trash, i prefer certain species and i dont like the more "classic" avatar look of the mid 2000's that a lot of players have stuck onto. Bright colors, piercings, chains and leather straps and all that. Ya know, the edgy school shooter limp bizkit aesthetic. I get that people like that, and i wouldnt shame someone for dressing up their avatar how they like, but im just not attracted to it at all. I prefer a more "average" look, which is why i keep my avatar very basic, just the base avatar in natural neutral colors and a nice two texture shirt.

I also prefer more realistic (or as realistic as this kinda thing gets anyway) avatar design, no giant primpaws or excessively angled digitigrade legs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.