The best plus-sized mesh avatar I've seen so far..

Destiny Marques

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well it certainly has many stars (which could easily mean 24 alts - no I am not kidding - insert sad face). But it looks like

THERE IS NO DEMO!

Or any photo of the HUD which in my mind is HALF the value (reason to buy) of a mesh body. 

Give it a try and report maybe :D. Obviously clothes selections would be very limited (I see a clothes store from the same maker maybe). 

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well it certainly has many stars (which could easily mean 24 alts - no I am not kidding - insert sad face). But it looks like

THERE IS NO DEMO!

Or any photo of the HUD which in my mind is HALF the value (reason to buy) of a mesh body. 

Give it a try and report maybe :D. Obviously clothes selections would be very limited (I see a clothes store from the same maker maybe). 

I'm not personally looking for a plus-sized shape, because I don't need one. But there was a discussion about plus-sized avies in another thread and about how some are so badly made. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this particular mesh avatar. :)

53 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

'm not personally looking for a plus-sized shape, because I don't need one.

I get that. Always good to know. But still --- NO DEMO. I simply don't buy -- well 99% of the time anyway and certainly not a mesh body even with Whirly's recommendation. Really, NO demo?

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I get that. Always good to know. But still --- NO DEMO. I simply don't buy -- well 99% of the time anyway and certainly not a mesh body even with Whirly's recommendation. Really, NO demo?

Yeah, I hate when they don't include a demo. I'm not sure why they'd think anyone would want to buy it without one. Maybe if someone in the forum has tried it, they will graciously post a review.

48 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Piggu stuff is really good.
I don't have the June avatar but I have Jonathan & all his add-ons: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/piggu-Jonathan-Basement-Dweller-addon/9147666
It's really well made.

Thanks Whirly!

Maybe someone can post a  review of June too. It might be helpful for those who are looking for a well-made plus size body.

I saw this when I went to get a new AO because they have an AO for that body too.

I haven’t read the details, but I’m assuming it’s moddable? For 700L....well that’s pretty good. I have a modded plus sized body I’m working on as a “project body”, this looks like it might be a nice alternative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I saw this when I went to get a new AO because they have an AO for that body too.

I haven’t read the details, but I’m assuming it’s moddable? For 700L....well that’s pretty good. I have a modded plus sized body I’m working on as a “project body”, this looks like it might be a nice alternative.

There isn't a lot of info on the MP page; It doesn't state if it's Omega compatible either. The store owner may be willing to supply that missing info though.

There's a Discord, which I dropped in to to get some details because I had nothing better to do with my time... (it's one of those days where I'm putting off actual work <_<)

It's not Omega compatible because it uses a custom UV. However, there's a dev kit available which inclues the textures/UVs for the body/head/hair/nails and the starter clothing, a few packs of full perms clothing for making things for resale, and most (if not all, didn't check them all) of the outfits are also supplied with full perms textures so you can make custom textures for yourself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iki Kimono said:

There's a Discord, which I dropped in to to get some details because I had nothing better to do with my time... (it's one of those days where I'm putting off actual work <_<)

It's not Omega compatible because it uses a custom UV. However, there's a dev kit available which inclues the textures/UVs for the body/head/hair/nails and the starter clothing, a few packs of full perms clothing for making things for resale, and most (if not all, didn't check them all) of the outfits are also supplied with full perms textures so you can make custom textures for yourself.

Thanks for checking into it Iki! I guess for those who are interested in purchasing it, this gives them a bit more info. It's still too bad that there's no demo to try out first.

ULukie do a range of plus sized mesh avatars, that aren't a million miles away from the Piggu style shape.

I don't think there are any mesh clothes for them. But they do support Omega and there are demos available from the Omega shop. They cost about twice as much though and are only the body... no hands or feet, or head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I'm assuming there's no rigging template included in that kit, just UV templates?

One of the reviews said they had a hard time with hair too. Does the head not work with the shape sliders?

You can find out a LOT of info by reading the comments in the reviews. It doesn't do everything that the most popular mesh bodies do so read carefully --- especially since there is no demo. That being said I am very happy with my free MALE altamura avatar and it has lots of limitations, but it works very well and the hud is great and easy to use. There are enough clothes out there to make it very usable. This seems to be a bit along those lines. So depending on what you need it might be perfect. I didn't see any mention anywhere about it being BENTO.   It came out at the beginning of this year. 

The head issue is likely that the head is a big head (fitting for a big gal) and so some hair won't fit. My Letluka has some issues now and then with that.

11 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I have both the June and Jonathan Piggu avatars and they are great. Very well-made. Absolutely no problems and there's a fair bit of clothing available for both. 

I read all 24 reviews. No one mention if the body respond to editing appearance sliders. Can you tell if it does?

Even if it's not Bento, it would be nice to use some sliders. Like height, hips and shoulder width.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

ULukie do a range of plus sized mesh avatars, that aren't a million miles away from the Piggu style shape.

I don't think there are any mesh clothes for them. But they do support Omega and there are demos available from the Omega shop. They cost about twice as much though and are only the body... no hands or feet, or head.

I have the ULukie body, but never wear it. She gave all phatazz owners a free copy when it first came out.

58 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I think I’m going to mess around with it when I have some time this week. I mean, 700L for a complete avatar and full perm clothes for relatively nothing. It sounds like it’s worth a buy, especially if I’m just going to mess around with it.

All things considered, 700L$ doesn't seem like such a bad trade off. If you get it,  please post some after pictures so I can see how it turned out!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.