The transaction fee when buying lindens is now 99 cents. Oh my!

purrrkitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

could be the processor LL uses, could be anything in the chain that's had to increase the fee's.   it happens.  my merchant account through paypal dinked me just recently with a $1.25 processing fee upgrade.  

So you are saying that a transaction which only exists within LL's ecosystem incurs fees from external processors. Seems odd to me but sure. 

8 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

So you are saying that a transaction which only exists within LL's ecosystem incurs fees from external processors. Seems odd to me but sure. 

You do realize that all companies deal with outside source(s) for processing monetary transactions that involve actual money, right?  How you get that the transaction, which must link from one actual real life financial institution, to another, exists only within sl's "ecosystem"(that's not even the appropriate term, really, it's not an ecosystem, lol)), is beyond me.  Yes the lindens people purchase aren't "real money" in the same sense to most folks, but the transactions themselves, absolutely deal in real money, and have real life consequences/repercussions (positive, negative, doesn't matter, they exist). 

Now whether or not that's the reason for the increase, could be debated every which way, I'm sure. Only LL actually knows why the increase exists...they may tell us, they may never(more likely), they're not really *obligated to do so, to be honest. I've never been all that keen on them raising fees for this, that and the other, even when I DO understand why they need to(this isn't one of those instances). But I can recognize that most organizations, most businesses, will need to update processing fees from time to time, for a myriad of different reasons-some I agree with, some I don't, and likely far more that I'll never understand. Sometimes the changes they have to implement are trickled down to the customer, the third party..not always, but, it happens to even the best of businesses. 

18 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you had followed the blogs, feeds and news, it woudln't have been a surprise, it's pre announced at the normal channels some time ago

I have more important stuff to do than sit around and follow the blogs, feeds, and news for what the transaction fee is going to be, but thanks for letting me know! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

I have more important stuff to do than sit around and follow the blogs, feeds, and news for what the transaction fee is going to be, but thanks for letting me know! :) 

Kind of odd then why you would start a post in a general discussion forum about it if you have more important things to do ^_^

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

See. Rude.

That's not even remotely rude, it was actually quite a polite request to stop. Sending people messages inworld, about discussions on the forums, unless they ask for it, is often considered rude, though. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.