AlianaDiaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm pretty sure that Anna spoke for all of us here. We don't like posts using all caps.

And I see no reason why she shouldn't say so. After all, your post is against the forum rules; i.e. no advertising here in General Discussion. I think that anyone who breaks the forum rules is fair game :D

Edited by Phil Deakins

7 minutes ago, AlianaDiaz said:

This is the reason why SL is the way that it is. What happened to if no one has anything good to say to just not say anything? Do you have something better to offer in a more meaningful and beneficial way? Please- lets keep the post clean and clear. Thanks.

Could you please spam advertisements in the commercial forums instead of the social ones?

foster.PNG

• Thanks 1

In the upper right hand corner of the post, there's a very faint greyed-out bit that says Report Post (it shows up when you mouse over it). You can use it to report your own post, explain that you put it in the wrong section and ask for it to be removed.

You could also ask for it to be moved, though that would keep the intervening 'discussion' as well.

Good luck with your endeavour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

There's so much in this world which needs our anger and frustration directed at it in constructive ways, it seems to me to be a bit pointless to get upset by small things like how a forum post is formatted. Can't we be kinder to each other here at least?

I guess we could, but it's a tradition.  In this instance I was trying to make a witty comment, not an out and out criticism.  I'm sorry it went wrong.  I'm especially sorry if it offended others, like your good self, Bitsy.

19 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

There's so much in this world which needs our anger and frustration directed at it in constructive ways, it seems to me to be a bit pointless to get upset by small things like how a forum post is formatted. Can't we be kinder to each other here at least?

If we can't manage the small things, how you ever want to get the "There's so much in this world which needs our anger and frustration directed at it in constructive ways" solved or handled?

We'r on a forum about SL, not on one to save the world.

"We" get flooded with advertisement, promotions and all crap everywhere, lets try keeping the forum as clean as possible. 

and being kind?... I would even say the lack of kindness by the posters.. read the guidelines and don't dump the **** in the first empty box you see on the screen.

Advertisers know mostly very well what they'r doing: like this one... on 3 differents places.. yeah sure.. by accident.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

If we can't manage the small things, how you ever want to get the "There's so much in this world which needs our anger and frustration directed at it in constructive ways" solved or handled?

We'r on a forum about SL, not on one to save the world.

"We" get flooded with advertisement, promotions and all crap everywhere, lets try keeping the forum as clean as possible. 

and being kind?... I would even say the lack of kindness by the posters.. read the guidelines and don't dump the **** in the first empty box you see on the screen.

Advertisers know mostly very well what they'r doing: like this one... on 3 differents places.. yeah sure.. by accident.

I have to agree. I don’t assume that everyone who heedlessly barges into a forum without reading the guidelines does so because she or he is brand new to the concept of posting in forums. The first thing I learned long years ago when I first began posting in forums was to read the  FAQ  before posting. I  Imagine everyone who is new to posting in forums learns pretty quickly that it pays to read posting guidelines,  chief among which is usually a warning against spamming.  If this forum is the first they have ever posted in then this is the place they will learn the advisability of reading guidelines before posting.  But I suspect some of them know this but choose not to comply. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.