What to do in SL??

Lizzie293

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I've been on SL for several years now. Sometimes I have a blast, and other times I have absolutely no ideas what to do with myself. I've gotten into a little of everything- Old West RP's, family RP's, just parading around as an adult, renting and decorating several houses... Usually I either get bored or something goes wrong (I.E. My fake family having a lot of real drama or me discovering that even virtual me is a little too socially awkward for the Old West RP.)  Any other fun ideas out there or should I just keep going back to my gazillion different avatars/lifestyles?

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I could never understand the attraction of family RP. One of my SL sisters once introduced me to her "grandchild" and said "you are her great aunt".

Ummm no i'm not, your RP isn't my RP.

:)

Aww c'mon mum. Have a heart!

Or was that sis? Auntie? Gramma? I forget, what are you again?

Buy a sim and make the most fabulous home you can imagine. You could open it to public or invite all your RP friends and family(s) over to explore. It will keep you busy for countless amounts of time. You would be amazed at all the different people you can meet at your own sim.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lizzie293 said:

Any other fun ideas out there or should I just keep going back to my gazillion different avatars/lifestyles?

Have you ever thought about being a DJ?  Can you sing? 

If you have a nice speaking voice and like to read I bet any number of RP sims would love to have a story time for the kids.

14 hours ago, Lizzie293 said:

Hello,

I've been on SL for several years now. Sometimes I have a blast, and other times I have absolutely no ideas what to do with myself. I've gotten into a little of everything- Old West RP's, family RP's, just parading around as an adult, renting and decorating several houses... Usually I either get bored or something goes wrong (I.E. My fake family having a lot of real drama or me discovering that even virtual me is a little too socially awkward for the Old West RP.)  Any other fun ideas out there or should I just keep going back to my gazillion different avatars/lifestyles?

Surfing, riding, sailing, piloting, djing or even just being a dj host, ...

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar

Buy a sailboat, learn to sail and explore the waterways and oceans
Or buy a bicycle and explore the roads of mainland
Or buy a train and discover that SL has a huge railway network

Play golf
Go horseriding and jumping

Make lots of friends during those activities and receive tp's for parties

Just have fun !  :D

7 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

Buy a sailboat, learn to sail and explore the waterways and oceans
Or buy a bicycle and explore the roads of mainland
Or buy a train and discover that SL has a huge railway network

Play golf
Go horseriding and jumping

Make lots of friends during those activities and receive tp's for parties

Just have fun !  :D

Golf?

On 8/26/2017 at 7:55 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I could never understand the attraction of family RP. One of my SL sisters once introduced me to her "grandchild" and said "you are her great aunt".

Ummm no i'm not, your RP isn't my RP.

:)

LOL, one of my ex's and I did the mama allpa pregnancy thing and had a prim baby, well the baby came a few days after we broke up but i kept it and had a crib in my place a while, then one came I came up with the idea of finding someone to RP the kid. So eventually I found Matt and we became Mom and son, with his father being my ex, since it was with him that I had an SL baby to get this started. My ex never really got into it though which was OK, and then one day Matt IMed him as a joke. My ex, got very angry and basically threatened me with losing him as a friend. I saved him the trouble of unfriending me though. 

• Haha 1

From one socially awkward SL'er to another, there's a lot of things you can do in Second Life that don't involve roleplay. Photography in Second Life is a great hobby, you can even turn it into a business (shooting ads, profile photos, photo contests, etc for L$). Another is to try your hand at building things. Building lets you decide how much you want to challenge yourself. If you enjoy making things out of Lego, you'll enjoy building in Second Life. The builder community is also a really nice and helpful group of people, imo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.