"No compatible attachments detected." - Belleza Jake HUD (now won't open)

purplegreenred

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I had my Belleza Jake body HUD open, and for the first time since owning it I clicked a "clear all scripts"(or something like that) button, which I'm assuming is what's caused this issue.

Since clicking said button, I now cannot open the HUD. I can attach/detach it fine, I can see it on my screen fine, I just can't actually open it to edit anything on it like I could before. When I try, it gives me this message: "-Belleza- Jake Body HUD *Beta* V 1.1: No compatible attachments detected."

Was gonna send a notecard to a Belleza person, but I'm not even sure which one to send to, as there are a few of them apparently and I'm... confused. I'm pretty new to SL, so yeah, Idk what to do half the time. Lol.

Anyone out there that can help me please? So lost here. =s

7 answers to this question

Suggestions are -

1.  Join the Bellezza inworld group first and ask there

2.  Check the profile of the owner of that group and see what instructions they give for customer support contact.

3. If all else fails,  go back to the store and get a redelivery of the item and start afresh

Best of luck :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Suggestions are -

1.  Join the Bellezza inworld group first and ask there

2.  Check the profile of the owner of that group and see what instructions they give for customer support contact.

3. If all else fails,  go back to the store and get a redelivery of the item and start afresh

Best of luck :D

This is in reply to you and anyone else who may read this:

Someone told me in-game to re-unpack the original box of the body if I still had it, which I did, so I did just that... and it worked! Yaaaay.

So, if anyone else ever runs into this problem and sees this: unpack the original box and use that from now on, since it apparently resets everything. The person in-game also said to do a redelivery of the item or contact the owner for a new one if I didn't have the original box still. So, good luuuuck!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, purplegreenred said:

Someone told me in-game to re-unpack the original box of the body if I still had it

Sure that works too but sometimes there has been an update and I have no idea how that brand manages its updates.  Glad its worked for you though :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, purplegreenred said:

Someone told me in-game to re-unpack the original box of the body if I still had it, which I did, so I did just that... and it worked! Yaaaay.

That's always step #1.  It's why you should always keep a backup of any important file, anywhere.  Many times in SL you will have good reasons for modifying an object or a script.  That's one of the biggest draws of Second Life -- the freedom to create and modify your environment.  With that, though, comes responsibility for your own stuff.  If you screw up and damage something, it's usually your own problem, so learn quickly about how to recover from inevitable mistakes.

In the future, do NOT click "delete" in any scripted menu...at least for any HUD, for gosh sakes.  Doing so removes the scripts from the object.  Since a HUD requires scripts in order to work, this is a Bad Thing.

Delete Scripts is a useful function for something like hair or jewelry that has a re-size menu.  Some older items of this type had a re-size script in every single prim, and that could result in items with literally hundreds of scripts in them.  Once the item is sized to your liking, the scripts can be deleted, saving a lot of server resources.  Once deleted, of course, the item can't be re-sized any more...so it's always a good idea to have a backup copy of the item in your inventory before choosing this option.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.