Limit on Linden Purchase for Premium Member

Wulfslaird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a Premium member and find I as such, I have a Linden Purchase limit of approximately $30 per Month. What is this? I was a previous member for almost 15 years and never remember being prevented from buying lindens as I needed them. My accounts have Always been up to date and paid up in full. Thinking perhaps I need to cancel my premium account. Suggestions?

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Wulfslaird said:

I am a Premium member and find I as such, I have a Linden Purchase limit of approximately $30 per Month. What is this? I was a previous member for almost 15 years and never remember being prevented from buying lindens as I needed them. My accounts have Always been up to date and paid up in full. Thinking perhaps I need to cancel my premium account. Suggestions?

you'r only two days old, everybody of that age with a new payment method encounters this.

You have to be a bit patient, your limit will rise with your age. Most likely at 30 days you will reach your max capacity.

It's just a system to discourage money laundering with creating new alts.

Being premium or basic makes no difference in this matter.

• Like 3

Alwin is correct.  Linden Lab treats every account as a separate entity.  If you make a new account, an "alt", it does not matter how long you have been in SL with a different account, the initial purchase and payment limits apply.  Fear not, the limits will increase quickly.

You started the clock when you made the first L$ purchase and it will take 30 days to reach your full limit, though it will increase bit by bit over those 30 days. 

Along those same lines, you won't be able to sell L$ or Process Credit until the avatar account hits 30 days.

And as Lindal mentioned, this is 'per account' regardless of any other accounts you may have or might have had in the past.

I just got that error message about having a 30. limit and I am not a new avie. I did just sign up for premium earlier this month. What is going on?? I've always bought around 80 USD each time I buy lindens and now i cant? will downgrading back to free fix it? Talk about sl being totally screwed up these days. 

23 minutes ago, Autumn Blogfan said:

I just got that error message about having a 30. limit and I am not a new avie. I did just sign up for premium earlier this month. What is going on?? I've always bought around 80 USD each time I buy lindens and now i cant? will downgrading back to free fix it? Talk about sl being totally screwed up these days. 

being old or new, not relevant

being premium, not relevant

asking a question and commenting in a non productive nor true way about SL.. not sure what it does yet, but for sure not helping

answer to your post: contact support, users here can't help you.

40 minutes ago, Autumn Blogfan said:

there was no need to be rude.

i wonder who's the rude one here... it wasn't me, i just give a straight forward answer, without taking your hand to guide you, and softly pampering your sensitive skin with a fluffy towel.

look who was posting  "totally screwed up""  .....oh.. i see it, just above my answer to you ....

2 hours ago, Autumn Blogfan said:

Contact support.  Changes were recently made to the liimits.  Since you are now Premium, you can even use Live Chat:

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Live Chat is available 5am to 3pm PST every day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.