AK Lara Bento head problems

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I just bought an AK Lara Bento Head (ver. 2.6) and I'm having problems keeping it from going all nasty on me (see picture). 

To head off some answers at the pass sort of speak ... I've been in SL for years, I have other mesh heads, I have really good graphics and I know about most of the typical problems with mesh rezzing etc. I also have a Lelutka head that this sometimes happens to (too much camera zooming for example), but it's not only not this severe, it' easily fixed by simply selecting the head with a right click.  Sometimes you may have to actually "edit" the head for the system to realise that you want the mesh at full resolution, but it generally is easily fixable.  

The AK head, under the same conditions, the same graphics settings, the same computer, sim, script load, etc. ... nothing.  

I have to actually detach the AK head, then re-attach it to get it to form properly.  This has to be done every five minutes or so and it's driving me crazy.  Typically the Lelutka head and most of the other brands, will reform when one TP's as well, so simply TP'ing to another location will fix it, but the AK head will maintain it's f-ed up shape over multiple TP's to different locations.  

I don't know what to do.  I paid $3000 for this head.  It's one of the most expensive attachments you can buy, yet half the time it's all messed up.  Nothing I do seems to fix this. 

Is this just because the maker hasn't provided a low res version of the mesh?  

Anyone else experience this?  Any ideas?  

PS - the pic shows it only "half" f-ed up.  Most of the time it looks even worse.  

Fucked up head.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The deforming issue came up as a topic in the AK help group a couple of times... but only as occasional effect, not as often as you seem to encounter it.

However, I would take this to the group. The creator is also often online and directly answers.

Lol.  In other words .. it is a problem, other people are talking about it, but we aren't allowed to talk about it here, because talking honestly about the products we buy might affect sales, and the maker of the head is worth more, and is more important to Linden Labs than the people who spent their money purchasing it. 

Got it. ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Lol.  In other words .. it is a problem, other people are talking about it, but we aren't allowed to talk about it here, because talking honestly about the products we buy might affect sales, and the maker of the head is worth more, and is more important to Linden Labs than the people who spent their money purchasing it. 

Got it. ;) 

What I took away from Lillith's response to your question was "This appears to be an occasional problem with that head. While there may be some random person here on the forum who can tell you how to fix it, you'll probably receive better and more timely advice if you go straight to the creator and/or their support group", rather than "We know about this but we're not allowed to say anything".

In short: common sense. If you're having an issue with a product, contact the maker of that product or their support option before you ask a random bunch of people if they know how to fix said issue.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Well. That sense of conspiration theory will surely find like-minded and fans around here.

Oh course, you can happily keep waiting and hope that somebody comes around to read this thread and might have an on-the-point solution for you.
Or you could have gotten in touch directly with the knowledgable folks and probably have your issue sorted out by now.
Whatever.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Well. That sense of conspiration theory will surely find like-minded and fans around here.

Oh course, you can happily keep waiting and hope that somebody comes around to read this thread and might have an on-the-point solution for you.
Or you could have gotten in touch directly with the knowledgable folks and probably have your issue sorted out by now.
Whatever.

Well, that reply was meaner than even my implication of LL corruption, lol.  

The trouble is Akeruka or [AK] is group owned and all the actual people behind it are hidden.  There is indeed an in-world group for questions, but in a completely unprecedented and underhanded move, it cost $150 to join, just to ask a question.  That's just f-ing outrageous.  

Here I am a good resident, paid my money (a LOT of money btw), and now I have multiple problems with their product and I don't even have a place to ask a question. 

Also, if you've been here as long as it appears you have, you know very well that the forums are slanted towards defending creators and that anything negative I post can be immediately removed by said creator.  The same goes for Marketplace, where if you leave anything but a "thumbs up!" type of review of a product the creator complains and it's removed.  

So much for (virtual) democracy or "customer care." :P

Edit: while I'm at it, here is a picture of how the skin provided with the $3000 product fits on my feet!  Outrageous!

feets_001.png

Edited by Sylvia Wasp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Write a notecard to the creator, stating your problems in it. It's not that hard. 

Except the creator is a group of people with the members unidentified.  

whatever, the product sucks and there's nothing I can do about it.  

I will probably be punished simply for saying it sucks now. 

• Like 1

It is not forbidden to sell an inferior product.... And now I am sure the argument will be: But the DEMO! Was there a demo of the full body, by the way?

Yep, I am sure this will be removed. But, there are other, not official forums.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Sylvia Wasp I am happy to see someone speak up about the current issues of some of these designers. I had the same issue with the Gaia LAQ bento head. I went to the group, I went to CSR and the main designer. They said it must be the lighting as i stood there in the LAQ store so I say well its your lighting you tell me if its bad lighting. So then they say it must be your shape, its the LAQ shape #3 so that was made by you as well, Then I get well its the skin then, this is the head applier the LAQ CSR told me would fix all my head issues and it was also made by LAQ. So i spent 5000 on the head, 600 on head appliers and when they finally agreed they could not fix their own product they booted me from the support group that I wasn't even chatting in for any of it and of course the products aren't in the marketplace so not even allowed to leave a review of any kind. So the whole contact the designer or go to the group in my case was the worst thing i could have done, they agreed there product is broken and basically said i was out of luck on a fix.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.