Something old and something new

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I was surprised and happy to find that I can wear a pair of shoes by Lelutka, Fame Pumps, with my Maitreya body, and they work. I purchased these shoes back before there were any third party mesh bodies. I am always very pleased when I can pick something from my inventory that, either through happenstance or the ability to modify it in some way, can be made a part of a new outfit using newer elements from disparate creators. I am impressed by seeing the foresight of creators' making items modifiable in this way, thereby ensuring their creations can maintain some kind of relevancy over time and through innovations.

• Like 2

Been back since March of last year? https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/2016/03/releases-updates.html The stuff on MP seems to be updated as well.

We have been busy updating some of the older Maitreya mesh clothes and footwear with a fit for Lara and today we added a few new updated old time favourites

The list of updated clothing and footwear:
* Maitreya Poise Dress & Wool Cardigan
* Maitreya Stagioni Xtd
* Maitreya Wrap Dress
* Maitreya Mesh Leggings & Couture Leggings
* Maitreya Crop Tops
* Maitreya Boyfriend Jeans & Boyfriend Jeans Slim
* Maitreya Gold Shearling Boots
* Maitreya Footless Tights
* Maitreya Dahlia Socks
* Maitreya Leather Skinny Pants
* Maitreya Dakota Dress
* Maitreya Zipper Skinny Jeans and Pastels
* Maitreya Frenzy Party Dress
* Maitreya Leather Mini Skirts and Basic Mini Skirts
* Maitreya Thigh High Boots
* Maitreya Gold Liaison
* Maitreya Gold Suave
* Maitreya Gold Shiki
* Maitreya Gold Laud
* Maitreya Gold Antheia
* Maitreya Gold Zest

If you already own any of the updated items, you can get the update from the redelivery terminal. You can find the redelivery terminal on the counter at the main building (left entrance, walk straight forward, up to the back wall). The redelivery terminal has 3 buttons. Most purchases will be in terminal 1. If you find any of your updated items in terminal 2, you will need some help getting them redelivered. You can send either me or Gryphon Ronas a notecard with the details of the items you need redelivered (only for items in redelivery terminal 2. The other terminals work fine!). Please note that the marketplace store hasn't been completely updated yet.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Been back since March of last year? https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/2016/03/releases-updates.html The stuff on MP seems to be updated as well.

We have been busy updating some of the older Maitreya mesh clothes and footwear with a fit for Lara and today we added a few new updated old time favourites

The list of updated clothing and footwear:
* Maitreya Poise Dress & Wool Cardigan
* Maitreya Stagioni Xtd
* Maitreya Wrap Dress
* Maitreya Mesh Leggings & Couture Leggings
* Maitreya Crop Tops
* Maitreya Boyfriend Jeans & Boyfriend Jeans Slim
* Maitreya Gold Shearling Boots
* Maitreya Footless Tights
* Maitreya Dahlia Socks
* Maitreya Leather Skinny Pants
* Maitreya Dakota Dress
* Maitreya Zipper Skinny Jeans and Pastels
* Maitreya Frenzy Party Dress
* Maitreya Leather Mini Skirts and Basic Mini Skirts
* Maitreya Thigh High Boots
* Maitreya Gold Liaison
* Maitreya Gold Suave
* Maitreya Gold Shiki
* Maitreya Gold Laud
* Maitreya Gold Antheia
* Maitreya Gold Zest

If you already own any of the updated items, you can get the update from the redelivery terminal. You can find the redelivery terminal on the counter at the main building (left entrance, walk straight forward, up to the back wall). The redelivery terminal has 3 buttons. Most purchases will be in terminal 1. If you find any of your updated items in terminal 2, you will need some help getting them redelivered. You can send either me or Gryphon Ronas a notecard with the details of the items you need redelivered (only for items in redelivery terminal 2. The other terminals work fine!). Please note that the marketplace store hasn't been completely updated yet.

Ok,that is like the most awesome news I've heard in awhile..

I have directories of her stuff that I love and could not wear..

At least I hope I still do and didn't  clean them out in a mad dash at dropping my inventory count.

I think they are still there..

Well I know where I'm going to in a couple of minutes..

Thank you Clover:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I am always very pleased when I can pick something from my inventory that, either through happenstance or the ability to modify it in some way, can be made a part of a new outfit using newer elements from disparate creators.

I started doing this a while ago with old skins (this was before I switched to wearing a mesh head) and it was great fun dragging them from the depths of my inventory and jazzing them up with the latest mesh goodies. I thought about starting a thread for people to do that, but then I realised not everyone is an SL packrat like me xD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

I started doing this a while ago with old skins (this was before I switched to wearing a mesh head) and it was great fun dragging them from the depths of my inventory and jazzing them up with the latest mesh goodies. I thought about starting a thread for people to do that, but then I realised not everyone is an SL packrat like me xD

Maybe not everyone....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Maybe not everyone....

I hear voices, but I can't tell who is talking because I cannot see over all these boxes.

• Like 1

Maitreya has done a great job updating her product line. From a business and service perspective it was the right move. To the OP, I feel the same way. I don't care how old an item is. If I love it, I will rock it. :D

I know this is a bit "off topic" but I'd love to see Maitreya offer an add-on with more realistic female privates. I know this is less of an issue today then it was pre-mesh, but when you look at how male privates have evolved I can't but help feel like we've fallen behind. I don't even need it to be functional. From a photography standpoint alone I think there is a need for it. I'd be willing to spend money on it and I'd wager a lot of other people would too. Thoughts?

10 hours ago, Chase01 said:

I know this is a bit "off topic" but I'd love to see Maitreya offer an add-on with more realistic female privates.

I am kind of ambivalent.  I don't know what is available via 3rd party creators but what would be the benefit of a branded box over using 3rd party add-ons?  

A lot of the 3rd party creations don't look very good nor do they blend well with a lot of skins. The Maitreya body is without doubt the most widely supported so there is definitely an opportunity there. Now with that said, I am sure if a brand like Aeros for example got on board and did something for women I'd think it would be popular, but they don't have the reach that Maitreya does.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.