Abandoned Main Land

Pandonia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the Articles given by Chic say, it's not that difficult.. but for me it's not that clear if it is possible for just a random parcel what's not connected or related to another parcel you own already on that sim. Think you might have to wait in that case to it's up for auction. But support will tell you for sure if it's possible.

send a ticket to support in the right category ( Land/PArcel issues) and tell the location(slurl) of the parcel you want and why... if you have

why am i typing :)... here is the article :) :

If you find abandoned land that you would like to own, please make the request by submitting a support case.  If you do not have a solid claim to the parcel (see below), we will try to make the land available via auction or abandoned land sale.  There are some cases where we may not be able to make abandoned land available for sale.

To request sale of abandoned land, submit a support case in Land/Parcel Issues and provide the details of your request.

There are cases in which Linden Lab sells abandoned land directly to a Resident who has a solid claim on it.  We attempt to give priority to those who already have land in the region.  If two neighboring parcels both have a reasonable claim on the parcel, it will likely not qualify for direct sale.  In some cases, we can assist with subdividing larger parcels for those with a strong claim.

A strong claim for a direct sale includes but is not limited to the following:

• Land you own borders three sides of an abandoned parcel.
  • Land you own completely encircles the abandoned parcel.
  • The requested land is awkward or irregularly shaped.
  • The requested land does not neighbor yours, but you are an established resident of the same region.

These are only guidelines; each request is considered on a case-by-case basis, and Linden Lab may not sell the land to you even if you meet some or all of the claims.

• Like 1

Yep, that was in those links :D. I had read it before a few times from interest.  Basically for most of us, you just have to wait for something to come up at auction. I noted that a BIG piece of land next to mine is now occupied AGAIN but the same people (rentals big blue balls) that had it before and abandoned it. Odd . I never saw that come up at auction but I am in the sky there most of the time. So it could "possibly be" that you could also petition to buy your "old" land back and get that to work. Not many cases of that I suspect. 

38 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Basically for most of us, you just have to wait for something to come up at auction. 

Not just wait, exactly. Anybody can ask that a parcel be brought to auction, and usually it happens pretty quickly these days. What "most of us" can't do, however, is charm the Land Lindens into a direct sale without going through auction, unless we have a strong claim such as practically surrounding the parcel already. (I've observed that the Lab's judging of those claims is quite subjective and, well, inconsistent, so it may be worth asking anyway.)

• Like 1

Awww, Qie posted just as I was about to hit the "Submit" button!

Me glares at Qie

Oh well, a few additional comments:

5 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Anybody can ask that a parcel be brought to auction, and usually it happens pretty quickly these days.

These days I can't imagine LL will refuse to bring a whole plot to auction if they know somebody wants it. They want as little abandoned land as possible after all.

It may be different if you ask them to split off and sell just a part of the parcel though.

8 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

What "most of us" can't do...

Are you implying that somebody can? ;)

9 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

(I've observed that the Lab's judging of those claims is quite subjective and, well, inconsistent, so it may be worth asking anyway.)

There are lots of border cases, yes. But generally, if you don't already own some land in the sim or a lot of land in the neighbor sims, Linden Lab won't agree to a direct sale. If you already own much of the sim or the land bordering to the parcel on at least three sides and nobody else has a strong claim, they are likely to agree.

Anyway, asking them won't do you any harm.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikka Luik said:

And the legend G has always been the sane reasonable and effective voice :)

Nobody here has any idea whatsoever what you mean by that of course.

But since you mention it, there is this rumour that your chances for getting a positive response depends on which Linden has your case. An experienced Mainland landowner once told me to always file support cases at certain times of the day when there was a better chance they would be assigned to a "friendly" Linden. I don't think this is true anymore and if it ever was, it was because some of the old Lindens loved Mainland too much, so much they tended to be a bit ... overprotective is perhaps the right word.

29 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Nobody here has any idea whatsoever what you mean by that of course.

But since you mention it, there is this rumour that your chances for getting a positive response depends on which Linden has your case. An experienced Mainland landowner once told me to always file support cases at certain times of the day when there was a better chance they would be assigned to a "friendly" Linden. I don't think this is true anymore and if it ever was, it was because some of the old Lindens loved Mainland too much, so much they tended to be a bit ... overprotective is perhaps the right word.

still i can imagine this happens... if you read the article as already posted, you need to have a reason to buy abandoned land... if a more "flexible" L employee thinks..." ah he's a good guy... lets do it .. "  :)  the other one can think.. "ehm no, you don't meet the requirements... thanks for using support but we can't do anything at this moment..."

On 2017-5-25 at 4:32 AM, Pandonia said:

How do I go about purchasing abandoned land if I found a parcel I am interested in. 

Joining this party waaaaay too late I expect, but if you don't ask, you don't get. When asked this question in the past, I would always advise an individual to submit a support ticket to Linden Lab and request to purchased the abandoned land you are interested in.  It is, after all, not in Linden Lab's best interests to have great swathes of mainland standing empty and barren, when they could actually be earning tier fees on it, and the more mainland is taken up, they would hope (I would hope) the more populated and interested and prettied up mainland becomes. 

• Like 2

What I have found is that they will usually deny the request to sell to you, but instead put it up for auction.

So before you submit the ticket, make sure you have enough $L on your account to be able to buy the lot if it was being sold by the most expensive land baron operating in that part of mainland. That person, if the parcel has a nice cut and location to it, is likely to get into a bidding war with you in the auction and then sell it for their usual rate, higher, or even refuse to sell and just put it in reserve (but if they do this a conversation with most of them will get them to sell it to you).

Sometimes you get lucky and they don't bid on your auction - but be ready for them to do so.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

• 2 weeks later...

You can call for auctions, or a direct sale if you have notable connection to the abandoned parcel with your land.

Calling for auction happens easily, for direct sale you need to have very strong border connection. It's not always three sides as per the guide from experience, I have got direct sale from two border connections before. Also depends on where you are. on Jeojeot you can get whatever you want, Bay City and other locations maybe not as much.

If you would like the land to be auctioned, just send in a ticket, keep in mind others can bid on it too. But requesting for direct sale wouldn't hurt, just very unlikely to happen if you have no land holding around the immediate area.

Edited by iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.