Skin Matching using UUID

Cerebrogasm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't locate an exact answer, and I'm relatively new to SL.

I have developed my male avatar with a mesh body and Bento attributes that were supplied by the vendor (Signature Gianni). 

Since his body was not complete in it's default state (missing a *****) - I purchased an Aeros Darius and completed the fittings.

However, the avatar skin - which took quite a bit of adjustments to make look realistic - does not match his *****' skin.

The vendor (Aeros) offers many skin textures to choose from, but they are not an exact match to the avatar's body skin tone.

However, Aeros allows the end user to customize the base color by inserting a UUID (Universally Unique Identifier) numeric value into the ***** controller HUD. 

Question: How do I find the UUID of the body's skin to the copy it to the customization feature of the Aeros? Any other tips - greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

thank you seanabrady:

I've resorted to that - and now I am putting the avatar in various lighting conditions to attempt a relatively authentic skin tone match.

I'm curious why the vendor (Aeros) would add this feature to the control HUD, given we can't get the UUID.

Do most SL subscribers just "eyeball" a skin match? Is there any other more accurate trick to getting a more authentic appearance with a skin match?

Thanks!

The basic problem with matching skin -- neck or **** is that skin is NOT just one color. There are minute variations throughout the skin that make it look realistic.  The only way that I have found to get a real match is to have ONE creator making the complete set. I should backtrack a bit and say one COMPETENT skin creator as some are not good at matching their own head appliers to the skin LOL.  I don't make skins but it seems like you need to leave the areas in question the SAME at the skin division lines and then tone and tint and shade areas near that to make a realistic skin. That is the only way that things flow without those dreaded LINES from one texture to another. 

And so far as the Aeros hud for his very popular product (as I understand it; I am not a guy) is that you CAN get fairly close if you have a good eye for color and lots of practice. Honestly I doubt most guys are all that picky *wink*.

You CAN use the texture numbers under cursor feature (not really sure where that is but someone will know) but I haven't found that works any better than the "eyeballing". Sorry.

@Cerebrogasm well it is actually possible for you to make your own skin with appliers for everything, in which case you would have the UUID> I have only worked a little with the Aeros line but did find the you have to accept a certain amount of discrepancy when dealing with the match. I would suggest one of the shadow free windlights like CALWL orStrawberry Singhs Closeups. Both will help you find a closer match.

Best of luck.

• 1 year later...

I know I've probably missed the usefulness window, but I found a way to find the uuid of my Slink, Tone 5 body. I used the free app Lightshot. I Pressed PrintScreen, then cut out a square of my skin. I then saved the file as Skin Match. In FireStorm, I used the Build menu's Upload feature (way down the menu) and upploaded the image...which was then saved as a texture. I opened the file in FireStorm and low and behold there was a UUID button to auto copy the UUID to the Paste option. In my Catwa Skin section, I selected ApplyMy Own Texture. In the popup box, I "Pasted" that beautiful UUID and selected Accept.

The results are beautiful! There's no seam line anymore. There's nothing to distinguish the head from the body now. Amen to that!!💖💕😊

Even if you don't use FireStorm, it'd be worth logging into it once for this purpose alone. I'm ecstatically thrilled right now! I hope you get the same feeling. You and any others who seek out this solution, and find an answer! God bless you!

Skin Match.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GypsyEnya said:

I know I've probably missed the usefulness window, but I found a way to find the uuid of my Slink, Tone 5 body.

You didn't find the UUID of the Slink, Tone 5 body. What you did was make a screen shot of a patch of the skin and then imported that image using the standard import texture method available in any viewer. You then obtained the UUID for the texture you just uploaded. That is NOT the UUID for the actual Slink skin. It's also not advisable to do so as it is considered theft regardless. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.