contradoor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, contradoor said:

if i buy lindel money to my account with credit card, then inside the game tip someone, will they be able to find out my rl identity?

L$ transfers only show the SL identities of the two parties involved, which will be recorded in their transaction histories for no more than 32 days. No RL information is divulged.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, contradoor said:

if i buy lindel money to my account with credit card, then inside the game tip someone, will they be able to find out my rl identity?

Greetings Contradoor,

It is not possible for any user to find out your Real Life information as a result of tipping them or giving them L$ in world. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, contradoor said:

thanks for the answers.

someone told me it indeed is possible that information can be leaked.. wish there were 1 trusty answer somewhere from a real supporter :/

We are trusty supporters. Everyone who has responded to you so far has been in SL for at least 9 years, and one is a Linden.  We've been answering questions here in Answers for a long time.  You'll often get different flavors of the same answer from us, but it's really rare when we all get something wrong.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, contradoor said:

someone told me it indeed is possible that information can be leaked.. wish there were 1 trusty answer somewhere from a real supporter :/

Information can be leaked, but not by paying L$ to someone. If you enable media and visit a sim that's playing a music stream, it is possible for the stream provider to obtain the IP address of every computer that connects, including yours. That's the first step towards obtaining someone's RL identity, but it's not a sufficient step. IP addresses are often shared and reassigned over time and internet service providers do not generally make public the association of IP address with RL identity.

Your RL identity is generally safe here, so long as you aren't reckless.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.