getting on before logging in

ariesjulie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Right before i log in, I tried to get on Second life but it loads then it says that i have a problem. A incompatible program... second life is a incompatible program. It was working fine before cause i was able to get on, log in, and go places but now i can even get on.  What do i do? thanks a lot

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, ariesjulie said:

Right before i log in, I tried to get on Second life but it loads then it says that i have a problem. A incompatible program... second life is a incompatible program. It was working fine before cause i was able to get on, log in, and go places but now i can even get on.  What do i do? thanks a lot

if you post also your system specs.. and graphics we might be able to see more and give suggestions

1 hour ago, ariesjulie said:

Are you by any chance trying to log on by clicking a link in your web browser instead of clicking the viewer's icon on your desktop?  You can do that if you really want to, but you'll have to install a plugin to teach your browser what to do with the link >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/slurl_proxy

8 hours ago, ariesjulie said:

Right before i log in, I tried to get on Second life but it loads then it says that i have a problem. A incompatible program... second life is a incompatible program. 

I'm not sure we understand. Before logging in you try to get on? How does one do that?

Normally we launch a viewer. That isn't 'getting on', its launching the viewer. The first screen presents a login. Once completed then you are getting on.

The flagrantly humble Rolig is thinking you may be trying to click a link in a web browser to get in. Your browser may not know what to do with the SECONDLIFE: protocol. The SLURL proxy is the easy way to handle the problem of setting the correct protocol.

When you ask a technical question click the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy paste that info in with your question. Also, be very precise in describing what you are doing. There are numerous ways to do almost everything in SL. So, we don't know what you are doing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.