Sylvia Wasp

Eyes for Lelutka Bento heads?

8 posts in this topic

The recent update to the Lelutka Simone Bento head has included mesh eyes for the first time which is great, and they are (mostly) very well done, but ...

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the redish brown shadow on them?  I love the texture of the iris itself and the gloss etc., but this red-brown shadow is driving me nuts!  Every time I look down or up, or to one side, all you can see in my eyeball is brown.  I'm basically wondering if there is a toggle to turn it off that I'm missing.  

Alternatively, anyone got links to some good mesh eyes that are compatible with Lelutka heads? I'm looking for just regular eyes, not elf eyes, or dragon eyes or any kind of specialty eyes etc. 

Thanks in advance, 

Sylvia :-)

What you are seeing is a shadow that's added to look like the blood vessels in the eye. Catwa eyes have the same thing. You need to adjust the eyes in the head. There's a hud for the eyes that you can use or you should be able to adjust the placement manually. Be sure you also have the alpha on that hides the system eyes as well.

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer but that's kind of my point.  they don't seem to be adjustable at all.  They are rigged of course (which is good), but I can't see anywhere in the HUD where they are moveable.  They are set a teeny-tiny bit too far back but even if they weren't, I would have the same problem.  

What I'm looking for is a way to remove the brown shading.  Here are some pics to show what I mean.  

I'm starting to think it's just not possible.  I was hoping someone had an obvious solution that I'm just not seeing. 

eye__003.png

eye__003b.png

The new eyes take Omega appliers. I am shopping for new appliers myself. You can ask the creator before.you buy, if they have dark red shadowing. I am sure someone is selling different levels of shading also.

It's so many applier for eyes now, and it has been only Catwa, catwa, catwa who could use them.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Alternatively, anyone got links to some good mesh eyes that are compatible with Lelutka heads? I'm looking for just regular eyes, not elf eyes, or dragon eyes or any kind of specialty eyes etc.

I like the mesh eyes from Avi-Glam, very pretty, lots of choice and very reasonable price.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The new eyes take Omega appliers. I am shopping for new appliers myself. You can ask the creator before.you buy, if they have dark red shadowing. I am sure someone is selling different levels of shading also.

It's so many applier for eyes now, and it has been only Catwa, catwa, catwa who could use them.

Cool, good to know.  I bought the Omega applier add-in for Lelutka heads but I haven't applied it yet.  I guess textures are personal and I should just shop for others as you say. 

Instead of going the applier route I would just get mesh eyes elsewhere. The fact that they're rigged isn't necessary a bonus IMO. E.Marie has some really awesome eyes.

1 person likes this

Thanks Chase I will totally check it out.  I'm currently using some old mesh eyes that I put my own texture on, but I'm sure there are others who've done better work on this, lol.