Eyes for Lelutka Bento heads?

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The recent update to the Lelutka Simone Bento head has included mesh eyes for the first time which is great, and they are (mostly) very well done, but ...

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the redish brown shadow on them?  I love the texture of the iris itself and the gloss etc., but this red-brown shadow is driving me nuts!  Every time I look down or up, or to one side, all you can see in my eyeball is brown.  I'm basically wondering if there is a toggle to turn it off that I'm missing.  

Alternatively, anyone got links to some good mesh eyes that are compatible with Lelutka heads? I'm looking for just regular eyes, not elf eyes, or dragon eyes or any kind of specialty eyes etc. 

Thanks in advance, 

Sylvia :-)

What you are seeing is a shadow that's added to look like the blood vessels in the eye. Catwa eyes have the same thing. You need to adjust the eyes in the head. There's a hud for the eyes that you can use or you should be able to adjust the placement manually. Be sure you also have the alpha on that hides the system eyes as well.

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer but that's kind of my point.  they don't seem to be adjustable at all.  They are rigged of course (which is good), but I can't see anywhere in the HUD where they are moveable.  They are set a teeny-tiny bit too far back but even if they weren't, I would have the same problem.  

What I'm looking for is a way to remove the brown shading.  Here are some pics to show what I mean.  

I'm starting to think it's just not possible.  I was hoping someone had an obvious solution that I'm just not seeing. 

eye__003.png

eye__003b.png

The new eyes take Omega appliers. I am shopping for new appliers myself. You can ask the creator before.you buy, if they have dark red shadowing. I am sure someone is selling different levels of shading also.

It's so many applier for eyes now, and it has been only Catwa, catwa, catwa who could use them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Alternatively, anyone got links to some good mesh eyes that are compatible with Lelutka heads? I'm looking for just regular eyes, not elf eyes, or dragon eyes or any kind of specialty eyes etc.

I like the mesh eyes from Avi-Glam, very pretty, lots of choice and very reasonable price.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The new eyes take Omega appliers. I am shopping for new appliers myself. You can ask the creator before.you buy, if they have dark red shadowing. I am sure someone is selling different levels of shading also.

It's so many applier for eyes now, and it has been only Catwa, catwa, catwa who could use them.

Cool, good to know.  I bought the Omega applier add-in for Lelutka heads but I haven't applied it yet.  I guess textures are personal and I should just shop for others as you say. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Ivy Azarov said:

In the Lekutka HUD, you need to click "control" to on. This will keep your eyes from moving side to side so you cannot see the shadow. 

Thanks, but making my eyes always stare straight ahead isn't really a solution.  I don't want to look like a zombie.  I want my eyes to follow my focus like normal. 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2017 at 1:04 AM, Chase01 said:

Instead of going the applier route I would just get mesh eyes elsewhere. The fact that they're rigged isn't necessary a bonus IMO. E.Marie has some really awesome eyes.

I agree about the rigging.  The rigged eyes sit too far back in the head for my liking.  I am currently using some old mesh eyes with my own textures applied and they work fine.  

Rigged items only work well when everyone has the same size and shaped head, and I don't see much point in doing that.  Lelutka also has 9 different sizes of teeth, (which is great), but only the very smallest ones fit the shape of my head.  

On 5/8/2017 at 10:27 AM, Sylvia Wasp said:

I agree about the rigging.  The rigged eyes sit too far back in the head for my liking.  I am currently using some old mesh eyes with my own textures applied and they work fine.  

Rigged items only work well when everyone has the same size and shaped head, and I don't see much point in doing that.  Lelutka also has 9 different sizes of teeth, (which is great), but only the very smallest ones fit the shape of my head.  

I use IKON mesh eyes.  They also have the coloration around the outer eyeball *but* with Bento heads a precise fit is possible and the coloration-thing is not really noticeable. To adjust my eye height I control/select both eyes and adjust up-to-down (most people put their eyes too low).  IKON eyes can adjust front-to back using the included HUD.

I also found that when I went Bento, if I just opened new eyes from the box and wore them  -the initial fit was spot-on, but that may just have been a lucky accident.

Those look really very good.  I will have to try a demo.  

I understand the purpose of the shading on the eyeball, it makes the eye "sit" in the socket more realistically, but when the eyes move, the shading just looks dumb for the most part.  Possibly Lelutka just overdoes the effect.  

I think a part of my problem is that while a lot of folks seem to be fine with controlling (actually freezing) their eye movements, I'm not interested in that at all as my whole purpose in making my avatar is to make it as realistic as possible.  I like the default SL eye movement and I like to be able to make my avatar look at stuff and have expressive eyes etc. 

On 4/20/2017 at 10:35 PM, Sylvia Wasp said:

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer but that's kind of my point.  they don't seem to be adjustable at all.  They are rigged of course (which is good), but I can't see anywhere in the HUD where they are moveable.  They are set a teeny-tiny bit too far back but even if they weren't, I would have the same problem.  

What I'm looking for is a way to remove the brown shading.  Here are some pics to show what I mean.  

I'm starting to think it's just not possible.  I was hoping someone had an obvious solution that I'm just not seeing. 

The only way I've found to "adjust" it is to instead adjust the crease and eye bag sliders on your shape. I really wish there was a way to move them around a little bit since a lot of eye textures are just placed differently and don't work with different eye shapes. I just wear regular mesh eyes so they are adjustable but I don't think those particular eyes (the ones included with lelutka) are sold separately for use with regular mesh eyes. 

12 hours ago, Jade Glazner said:

The only way I've found to "adjust" it is to instead adjust the crease and eye bag sliders on your shape. I really wish there was a way to move them around a little bit since a lot of eye textures are just placed differently and don't work with different eye shapes. I just wear regular mesh eyes so they are adjustable but I don't think those particular eyes (the ones included with lelutka) are sold separately for use with regular mesh eyes. 

Yeah, this is my beef with bento mesh heads in general.  They are responsive to the sliders, but it's pretty clear that the makers want us to leave the sliders alone.  

Like, if I adjust my chin the way I like it then my teeth are sticking through my lips.  Or if I make the eyes realistically close to the surface of the skin, then bento gestures like "roll eyes" make my eyes poke through as well.  And none of them (so far) let you adjust for body fat, you have to be close to zero body fat to make any of the bento heads fit.  

I think what the makers are telling us is that you should pick the head that looks the most like you want to look, because there is very little you can do with the sliders.   Unfortunately for me, almost all bento heads look like bitchy models, lol.  I like to look pretty, but I don't want to look like a runway model.  I want to look like myself. 

I sometimes miss my old school SL smile too.  The ones for bento make you look insane most of the time. 

Anyway, here is a shot of my "hacked" eyes for the thread.  

Just standard mesh eyes, not-rigged, added my own crappy texture that I took all of ten minutes with, lol.  So, not great, but not bad considering.   

Snapshot_001.png

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.