You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have received update for Maitreya Lara Body with Bento hands.

Im replacing links in my APPEARANCE  folders. I did the adjustments to height and body fat (boob & butt too) first
and going through and replacing the links for the updated ML avi now. I have x7 main ones to replace and each item to 2 thousand odd places (OMG yes) in the appearance folder. Each set takes my computer about an hour and a half. 

Really it sounds a lot but once its set up, it runs itself. 
I open 2 Inventory screens and then the command to Replace Links, find the old link in one (Source) and the new link to the other (Target)....seven times over. Some time later, maybe when I wear the outfit I can delete the old links which still show up but are not active. They just take up space. Lots of space because Ive done this before, a few times, with other changes. 

My question.....
Is there a way to delete the old links, without wearing each outfit? 

7 answers to this question

Open an inventory window, find the "My outfits" folder, in that are all yourt outfit folders, just go through, crtl-clicking to select all the links you want to delete, then... right click on one and delete, you don't have to wear an outfit to add or remove linked items from it, you can edit it directly via the inventory, addling links is as easy as find the items you want to add, crtl-click to select them, right click, copy, find the outfit folder, right click 'paste as link'

• Like 2

It was tricky when I had to fit my partnership ring, but once I figured it needed to be unattached (cause old way was to left HAND) now new way is to actual ring finger>>>so attached and will move with the finger. 
Its brilliant. 

@Klytyna I cant thank you enough for that info. Well my Sunday off doesnt thank you lol

I spent all day tiding up the links in My Appearances folder, removed about 50 redundant links from one feature alone!!!!  

Im sure the load up time will be more than halved now. 

In the Firestorm Viewer has a replace links feature. See: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_linkreplace

I use this feature when something like my hands update. I have 300+ outfits and most all of the new ones have a link to the hands attachment I am using. I need to replace all those links. FS can do that in a few seconds.

AFAIK, there is nothing like it in the default SL Viewer.

4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

In the Firestorm Viewer has a replace links feature. See: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_linkreplace

Yes thankyou Nalates, I used that method to replace/update my Maitreya Lara to Bento hands. 

But because of years of changes in my Appearance Folder,  it took my computer hours not minutes to do the exchange. I had so many redundant links it changed as well. 

@Klytyna had the answer for me. I should have known it before but I hesitate to delete things when I dont know what Im doing. Now Im helping other people with the same problem. 

I use Firestorm Viewer too, I should have said that. And I agree, its great. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.