CAN'T POST!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's there for me too, and I just registered this morning.  Sarah, did you try going through the "Create" button at the very top of the screen, right hand side?  When you click it, click 'Topic' (the only choice) and then it displays a drop-down with all the forum sections/sub-sections. 

26 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso Resident said:

Registered a certain amount of time? I am over 4 years in SL! LOL

in sl yes.  depending on HOW the forum is setup to work, it's possible you need a required amount of posts before certain things unlock.  it's not made by LL this forum.  it might be set with standards, because this was getting hit by zero day spam bots after it was put online.   so I think there is the answer

34 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso Resident said:

It's not question of how old your SL account is.   The forum software knows only when you signed up with the forum.   That's why your profile says that you joined 8 hours ago, rather than 4 years,

a298835942757936345beb578d570bad.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

It's not question of how old your SL account is.   The forum software knows only when you signed up with the forum.   That's why your profile says that you joined 8 hours ago, rather than 4 years,

a298835942757936345beb578d570bad.png

@Innula Zenovka

I wonder if this is being done for SPAM control?

9 hours ago, Sarahbuxso Resident said:

But not in the forum. There's a difference - or there always was a difference.

However, as Moira pointed out, it's unlikely that my suggestion was the reason.

Please let us know if the button appears for you.

Edited by Phil Deakins
addition

I have posting on this forum for years!!! This NEW forum sucks, right now i'm angry cuz I need to post a region for rent in the mainland area and I can't! I am a paying customer of SL.. the least they could do is make this available to me.

Edited by Sarahbuxso Resident

35 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso Resident said:

I have posting on this forum for years!!! This NEW forum sucks, right now i'm angry cuz I need to post a region for rent in the mainland area and I can't! I am a paying customer of SL.. the least they could do is make this available to me.

@Sarahbuxso Resident - Have you tried the workaround suggested in the other thread you created (which I think someone actually suggested earlier in this thread)?

If so, and if you've been on the forums for years, then your previous existence should have carried over.  I'd suggest contacting LL, as there is little we residents can do other than offer various suggestions and information.

1 hour ago, Sarahbuxso Resident said:

Your profile says you have been posting since yesterday.

Ok I can reproduce this and we have a bug.

A single name account, UsernameA will have all their old forum stuff (posts, rank etc)  correct if they login to the forum using UsernameA

If however, they login to the forum using UsernameA Resident, a new forum account is created for UsernameA Resident.

I reproduced this using one of my single name alts - who confusingly has the single name WhirlyFizzle

ccd5cae39e4241a4bc412a5d8c9bc022.png

Then I logged into the forum using the name WhirlyFizzle Resident and a new account was created for me.

ce545032a47c4203a8c9987ded63225a.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

This issue happened to me also, it appears.  When I signed in for the first time in this new version of the forum - and I don't think I had typed Resident - a new account was created.  I was confused because I thought I had had an account (but hadn't used it for quite awhile).  I just did the member search that you had displayed above, and now see my old moirakathleen account (without the Resident part of the name), which was created in June of 2014.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.