"/me"

Marianne McCann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rhonda Huntress steps up to the mic.

I'm not sure if it is really that useful.  It is easy enough to get the effect with existing tools.  While it will save you from typing your name, of course, it would be limited to our account names.

/me bites her lip while she thinks of what to say.

Leaving it like it is still gets the point across

31 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm not sure if it is really that useful.  It is easy enough to get the effect with existing tools.  While it will save you from typing your name, of course, it would be limited to our account names.

...introduces emotes with ellipses.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Ya, I don't think it an exactly high priority thing to have, but I think of it more as a "would be nice if" bit of code trickery. 

• Like 1

The Jira had a response...

Garry Linden added a comment - 29/Mar/17 11:29 AM

Our provider does not support this particular format and there is no easy way for us to accomplish. This request will not be something we can address.

Edited by Callum Meriman
Interesting they use the word "provider" for their own programmers. Have they third partied development now?

• Administrators

Hey,

I was just about to come in here and say that unfortunately I don't think this is a feature we are going to be able to implement, it looks like someone else beat me to it though (I have been very busy with many projects lately). I know it is not quite the same, but the use of italics and speaking in the 3rd person is unfortunately the best solution I have to this.

Tommy offers a consoling smile as part of the apology.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hey,

I was just about to come in here and say that unfortunately I don't think this is a feature we are going to be able to implement, it looks like someone else beat me to it though (I have been very busy with many projects lately). I know it is not quite the same, but the use of italics and speaking in the 3rd person is unfortunately the best solution I have to this.

Tommy offers a consoling smile as part of the apology.

Was worth a shot!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.