The Real You

Ian Undercroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Yardley wrote:

Hey those are my working stockings!

They need some serious darning.

But I was talking about RL, like Mila I dress vintage in RL, 24/7.

Here I am, darning stockings.

3861911393_98a4b81ae6.jpg

For those of you who don't know, many, many people suspect Jo and I to be each other's alt. I sometimes suspect it myself. Though login times would suggest that, if we are one person, we sleep only 30 minutes a night. Could be a Fight Club scenario going on here (come to think of it, I DO know how to make almost every kind of soap used in the last 200 years).

No, no, we are, in fact, just sisters from another mother. Or we come from a single cell that was divided on conception and implanted in two separate mothers who then flew to opposite ends of the Northern hemisphere. Possibly a test to see if we'd naturally gravitate towards our respective other halves. Jury's still out on that one.

Often,while watching movies, my boyfriend will see some old lady in a home that hasn't been redecorated in over half a century. He'll say, "Ah, THAT'S you in 30 years." Once, it was really embarrassing, as the old woman in question was wearing a nightgown I happen to own 10 of (*redface* I'm wearing it now). He sees Jo's pictures and says, "That's you...now. Or she's you. It's creepy." That's just regarding appearances. He does know that we think pretty well identically. Heheh.

Here I am at my favorite place in all of SL - Ethereal Teal. Although the top is probably a bit more revealing than what I run around in in RL (without anything under it that is), the overall outfit is pretty consistent with what I like to wear for those in between periods where sweats or whatever are not enough and dresses, etc. are too much.

et1.jpg

This is about as near as I can get. I'm nearly 40 in RL (*flail*) so I look older than this and I'm not nearly as good looking. I'm missing a hand in RL and I can't easily imitate that in SL so I just picked a pose where you can't see my right arm.

matts_003.png

Cali Souther wrote:

I updated my post with SL pics. 

Is it still possible to bump a post in here ...  I still have a difficult time finding anything (off topic) sorry.

I'll go back to work.  =]

I don't know if the posts bump to the top any more - I'm really still getting lost in these forums :smileysad:

But lovin' your pics - there seems to be an unofficial group of jeans and tees kinda gals forming here :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Cali Souther wrote:

I updated my post with SL pics. 

Is it still possible to bump a post in here ...  I still have a difficult time finding anything (off topic) sorry.

I'll go back to work.  =]

I don't know if the posts bump to the top any more - I'm really still getting lost in these forums :smileysad:

But lovin' your pics - there seems to be an unofficial group of jeans and tees kinda gals forming here :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Yes,  still lost myself ..   there does not seem to be a page for "new posts" ,  you have to go into each catagory...    certainly makes it interesting when it gets spammed ...   guess they just can't stop that regardless.  I want to see if this one shows up now..  this is a great thread - I hope more people post pics!! 

Back on topic...

Yeah !!  for  jeans & T's !!  :-)      As much as I enjoy dressing up for an occasion ...  even in SL,  I find myself putting on comfy jeans and my favorite Tshirt a lot!  haha

Cali Souther wrote:Yes,  still lost myself ..   there does not seem to be a page for "new posts" ,  you have to go into each catagory... 

Hi Cali, there is a "new post" feature. Pep posted the link last week, but I @***??+@@@!!! can't find it anymore! :smileyvery-happy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Cali Souther wrote:Yes,  still lost myself ..   there does not seem to be a page for "new posts" ,  you have to go into each catagory... 

Hi Cali, there is a "new post" feature. Pep posted the link last week, but I @***??+@@@!!! can't find it anymore! :smileyvery-happy:

This is the thread the info was posted on and this is the link to the section. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.