can you be ban from a region for no cause?

Tyre Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

Oh, stop.  The bottom line, which all posts earlier in this thread have made, is that a landowner has total control over who may visit the land.  He may eject anyone without warning and without explanation.  You don't need to have done anything wrong at all.  The landowner could ban you simply because it's Thursday and he's in a bad mood.  You can complain a much as you wish, but your only choice is to move on.  SL is a big place.  ¬¬

• Like 2

You can look it up in the TOS (section 4.8) yourself, but I will save you the trouble: "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you."  Very simply, if you own the land, you make the rules.  You don't need to explain, or give warnings, or apologize, or even listen.  You don't need a reason.  If you don't want someone on your land, make them leave.

• Like 3

I will add my own thoughts here, even though the others have given you great answers.

In most cases, you will never get banned "for no reason."  Businesses in SL WANT happy customers and employees!  So I am not at all sure that you're telling us the whole story here.  Think carefully about the incident and ask yourself what you did that might have upset or annoyed the owners enough to ban you.  Then take that lesson to heart and move on!

EDIT TO REPLY TO YOUR REVISION:

Tyre Parx wrote:

So your saying people can scam you for money to there club and ban you... ok thats cool

Yep, that is exactly right.  If it's truly a scam, the word gets around fast and people stop going there.  However, the club you had problems with has been around for a very long time and is very successful.  I doubt that they make a practice of taking people's money and banning them without cause.

• Like 5

As one who owns land I can ban you for no reason whatsoever. It's up to the landowner entirely as to the rules of the land and what they deem as an offense that would cause you to be banned. However being banned for "No Reason" seems out of the ordinary and I would have to ask what did you actually do to either annoy the owner or otherwise cause yourself to be banned, then take that lesson to heart and try not to repeat that behavior again.

But in the end it is entirely up to the owners who stays and who goes and they do not have to give you any reason at all.

Felicia

• Like 1

Often groups (especially clubs and RP areas) will have NC's at their landing posts containing the rules or guidelines for behavior on their sims (not always automatically dispensed, sometimes you have to click on a sign to receive them).  If you have any for the club in question, you might read through them to see if that helps you understand why you might have been banned.  Often those rules will indicate bannable type offenses, if it is an area that has strict expectations about behavior or dress.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

You can get banned for no reason! I've been banned in all regions for no reason even though I'm a newbie! They banned me from everywhere!

you start here too?...stick to your original post please...

If you whine as much inworld as you do here i can imagine you get banned everywhere

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.