Private message through the website

IrisMorning

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have received a message through Private Messages that runs as follows (I have deleted the name):

Hi my dear My name is xxx.xxxxx,With due respect, trust and humanity, i appeal to you to exercise a little patience and read through my letter,i saw your profile today on community.secondlife.com and became interested, i believe we can get acquainted in knowing more about you. please if you wouldn't mind, kindly contact me back through my email (xxxxxx1@hotmail.com) so that i can give you more of my picture and tell you my special reason for contacting you.i am waiting for your mail. Yours new friend xxx(xxxxx1@hotmail.com)

This person doens't appear as a resident in SL.

Is it a scam?

Have you ever received a similar Private Message?

TIA!

Phil Deakins wrote:

Thank you the Joni Mitchell song, Karen. I haven't heard it in over 40 years so it was real treat for me
:)

My pleasure...

The following two songs are Touch Stones for me. They allowed me to be able to point to ideas at alusions in music that I felt while growing up in Los Angeles. Joni Mitchell and her music were my guide in my teenage years.

Tracks 10 & 11 from the album, "Court and Spark" (1974). Trouble Child / Twisted < this one is sooo me!!!!

.............................. "and you know two heads are better than One. Oh Yeah!"

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

As a vocalist who LOVES jumping behind a mic, Joni Mitchell is probably my favorite female vocalist to sing the songs of. If you're a Joni fan, and you haven't already heard of her you MUST check out Laura Nyro!!!!! 

Oh yes, I've loved Laura Nyro since the late 60's! Her smooth original of Eli's Coming is a fave of mine from the Eli and the Thirteenth Confession album. I frequently play it at my sets with proper credits. Usually I get an IM or two from members of the Classic Rock crowd that may be at my Blues Rock set who have decided to jump on me because they have never heard it performed by the original artist before.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing!

Here is that other well know version that came out a year later.

I think most people are more familiar with Laura Nyro's songwriting than with her voice. I hadn't heard Tom Cat Goodbye before, and I like her voice there better than in songs like Stone Soul Picnic. Thanks for pointing me to this, I hear why Karen's Joni post reminded you of it. "Sweet Blindness" amuses me with its unexpected tempo shifts...

I don't mind jumping behind a mic, but my friends would rather have me set them on fire.

;-)

I was introduced to Laura Nyro via a local music show DJ'd by a fella who's been on the Milwaukee airwaves since the mid 1960s. He does "cover runs", in which he'll play the original and countless covers. I love to do that in Dillon's feed music thread.

Here's one of my favorite Nyro songs in a cover sandwich...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.