Is there a limit to how many outfits I can save in Appearance ?

LittleOneSusan Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

LittleOneSusan Teardrop wrote:

For instance, if the front page is full , can I keep saving them and create a page 2 of outfits that I have saved so that I can change fast out of a choice of a LOT of outfits ?

Once you reach a certain number of outfits the outfit folder will have a scroll bar instead of starting new pages.  If you like using the Appearance window I'd suggest using an outfit naming system that lets you find things by categories - the list can get very long.

If there is, I haven't found it yet, and I'm a confirmed shopaholic.

However, I DO agree with you that having more than one page of ANY folder in inventory is a pain...all that scrolling!  The way to avoid this is...drum roll...SUBFOLDERS!

Go to your inventory, and open the Outfits folder (NOT "Current Outfit").  Right click in any empty spot in the inventory window and select New Folder.  You can have a variety of them.  I have, among others, Business, Swimwear, Casual, Dressy, Clubwear, Formal, Costumes, and Steampunk.  The ones with larger numbers of Outfits are further subdivided by season.

On 2/9/2016 at 2:11 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

If there is, I haven't found it yet, and I'm a confirmed shopaholic.

However, I DO agree with you that having more than one page of ANY folder in inventory is a pain...all that scrolling!  The way to avoid this is...drum roll...SUBFOLDERS!

Go to your inventory, and open the Outfits folder (NOT "Current Outfit").  Right click in any empty spot in the inventory window and select New Folder.  You can have a variety of them.  I have, among others, Business, Swimwear, Casual, Dressy, Clubwear, Formal, Costumes, and Steampunk.  The ones with larger numbers of Outfits are further subdivided by season.

Hello! I know this is a while ago but I have a question and hope you will get it. If I open another folder for my outfits in the inventory some items aren't copyable. Does it work if I copy the link of it instead or will this cause issues?

Yes, using shortcuts (which SL calls "links") is a great way to put things you wear all the time into multiple outfits. For example, my most-used mesh body and my HUDs are in all my Outfits, but as links. This has two additional advantages. 1) Links do count as items in your inventory, but they don't impact your performance, as having a great many actual items can. And 2) if you use the Firestorm viewer, you can use the Replace Links feature to replace all those links in one go when, for example, a new version of your body comes out.

However, my original answer is a bit outdated, unless they've fixed something while I've been away. The creation of subfolders in the Outfits folder got broken. Existing subfolders can still be kept, and added to, but you cannot create new subfolders or re-order them. Darn it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

but you cannot create new subfolders or re-order them.

Technically, you can re-order any existing sub-folders by simply renaming them.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wish they'd go back to letting us create sub-folders in Outfits.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.