Another Sansar article

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Parhelion Palou wrote:

There's a lot of fluff, but it does mention the approximate times for beta and release (not that I believe them).

And let's not forget the recent mention about the imagery being manufactured with many objects available from several well know 3D sources. I love a good promisingly marketing video but I'd rather see a movie of a real beta activity happening in the viewer screen.

I really wonder how well it will go over since so many people get positively ill using VR headsets. I also wonder what the creative path will be long term. One of the huge selling points with SL is that someone can land in it and in a relatively short time be building their own things even if they are rudimentary prims. If this is going to require real expertise then that whole factor is cut completely out.

I shall tread carefully, here.....having had a good spanking for my less than radiant opinions of LL by t'moderators.

Thus, I shall say only this.......the gang running the show is LL.  Not Ebbe....he is a somewhat enormous improvement over take-the-money-and- Rod, but even so...he doesn't atcually run the show.....just in case any of the forumites are busy making plans for vain glorious temples in Sansar.  Which they'd visit one hour out of ten they spend on this forum :o).

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

And let's not forget the recent mention about the imagery being manufactured with many objects available from several well know 3D sources.

I haven't heard about that but well, the two wonderful poster pistures they've published are clearly not live snapshots from Sansar. It would have been too much of a coincidence if they were and both just happened to capture exactly the same cloud formations in the background. :P

But those still pictures don't mean anything anyway. They could have been taken anywhere, even in Second Life. What matters is how the graphics in Sansar will work as a three dimensional dynamic environment and we know absolutely nothing abuot that yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.