Top designer List

Gidienne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I remember when I first started SL having similar feelings. Okay I recommend you go to a blog called Seraphim SL . Go to the fairs it mentions. I think that to be invited to a fair the creators usually have some respected talent. Maybe mention your style here and others will be able to tell you their favorites. For interiors maybe start with ummm maybe "what's next "

Venues are the easiest ways to find someone that has your style. Agree Serephim "shopping" is a good start. Look through different venues  (there are photos of what is offered in galleries) and see what fits you.

Some top events are COLLABOR88 where you can't get in for days (opens the 8th so NOW is a great time) and FaMESHed are good -- Uber and there are some just for guys too. Grab the demos and see what fits. There are others that are for Fantasy and role play too.

The marketplace is SO VERY FULL these days unless you are shopping by designers you already know it is tricky (for clothes anyway -- LOTS of clothes out there). 

I assume you are looking for furniture and accessories since you say you are looking for interior stuff.

There is no list of 'top designers'.  Who would qualify to make such a list?  If someone did, it would only be their opinion nothing definitive and it would lean heavily in favor of shops that have the style of furniture the list maker likes.  People's taste in interior design varies widely. 

I would suggest you post what style of furniture you are looking for and ask for recommendations.  You can also Google "second life interior design' to see a whole bunch of blogs covering this topic.

Since Pamela isn't going to toot her own horn, I'll do it for her! :matte-motes-wink: My home and a large portion of my interior pieces come from her store, La Galleria. Her stuff is GORGEOUS! Whats Next also has some really nice pieces. There are so many out there. I'll try to shoot you a list when I get inworld, but I highly recommend La Galleria. Of course, your personal taste really does make a difference. 

ETA...just realized you said "INFERIOR" not "INTERIOR" ....derp. :matte-motes-tongue:

"Top"  just like "best", is subjective.  If you want what's "popular" or to follow trends, do a quick google search for the those things, and you will find ample webpages that give ceator/store info and you can shop that way. Personally, I prefer to use MP, despite that search not being a whole lot better than inworld search, to find the things I like. Part of the reason is due to the fact that a lot on MP, isn't inworld. The other part of that reason is that I'm not one to follow trends, fads, or desire what's "popular", because I don't often find that what's popular, or trending, to be what I consider "best". I'm the same way in rl though, so, take my words with a grain of salt, it's only my personal preference.

Most of the designers I find on those top and best lists, aren't folks that have things I want, or even like(not because I necessarily always find their products inferior, although that is the case, sometimes). Popularity contests are a real thing, in all walks of life, be it virtual or otherwise, I've just never really found them to be the best measure of much of anything, but I am an odd duck, and I like to over-analyze things. 

:matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Since Pamela isn't going to toot her own horn, I'll do it for her! :matte-motes-wink: My home and a large portion of my interior pieces come from her store, La Galleria. Her stuff is GORGEOUS! Whats Next also has some really nice pieces. There are so many out there. I'll try to shoot you a list when I get inworld, but I highly recommend La Galleria. Of course, your personal taste really does make a difference. 

Thank you Aislin :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

is good too.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

ETA...just realized you said "INFERIOR" not "INTERIOR" ....derp. :matte-motes-tongue:

How dare you single Pam out for committing the crime of being exceptional and producing simply gorgeous things?  What gives you the right to toot her horn?

...Dres *hopes you know I'm kidding*

P.S. Trompe L'oeil is good too.

Dresden wrote:

is good too.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

How dare you single Pam out for committing the crime of being exceptional and producing simply gorgeous things?  What gives you the right to toot
her
horn?

...Dres *hopes you know I'm kidding*

P.S. Trompe L'oeil is good too.

Thanks Dres :-) 

I agree that there can be no "best creator" list -- there are just a ton of outstanding ones with a great variety of styles. What I think is useful about the Avi Choice list is that it is not just about the "stuff" but the person who makes and sells the stuff. People vote for creators with whom they have had a positive overall buying experience. Of course, they are not the only ones.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.