Prim Bare Feet, any suggestions?

Chase011488303235

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I second Slink!

Maybe it will be better feet sometimes in the future, but at the moment, they are best. They have also sent out free updates since I bought my first pair there in 2008. They have a sale that ends in short time, maybe this weekend. I have no idea if their bare feet is on sale though.

4399533818_2a2e1d3213_z.jpg

Brez Landar wrote:

SLINK barefeet are at 80% off female and 50% off male until tomorrow only, great feet

You need to be in the group and have the tag active when you buy them to get the sale price.

And just to give another option, J's has some prim feet with flip-flops.  The shoe portion can be turned on and off so you are barefoot with them as well.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Brez Landar wrote:

SLINK barefeet are at 80% off female and 50% off male until tomorrow only, great feet

You need to be in the group and have the tag active when you buy them to get the sale price.

And just to give another option, J's has some prim feet with flip-flops.  The shoe portion can be turned on and off so you are barefoot with them as well.

Wow, I have those J's shoes, and had no idea they could do that! :o

To the OP, I think YS&YS sells bare feet, too. In fact, I think I bought them, since I didn't know the trick with the J's flip-flops. :smileytongue:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Brez Landar wrote:

Rhonda, are the J's feet easy to tweak, color wise?   I like the idea of the attached flip flops. :)

I love my SLink footsies.  They were very easy to adjust.

EEEEk!

Call me naive but prim feet are club-like and gross, I totally agree that our regular avatar feet are ugly but the attachments look just as weird to me... especially in poses,  I suggest shopping for skins with decent feet, its one of the first thing i look for in a new skin.. many of the high fashion skins ignore the feet assuming their customers will buy "feet" but there are other skins that are nice enough to wear bare foot.

I love to go bare foot in sl, and i hate to think I have to add prim toes or feet to do so -its a pet peeve of mine so excuse my rant :P

Jessika, can you recommend any skins that have reasonable feet ?

I agree with others that standard avatar feet are ugly and although Slink and one or two others can look good in some situations they can also llok really weird !  Also difficult to match skin tones.

I like to go barefoot in SL sometimes as well and a nice skin with presentable feet would be great !

I really have not looked closely at the feet when I buy skin demos. I have worn Slink feet for such a long time.

But, before it was prim feet, I made a "Barefoot shape" with larger feet. Most female avatars use size zero feet all the time, since shoe makers only worked with size zero feet. I think my barefoot shape had feet size 18 or 20. This way, the feet form will look more realistic. Try this, and go and demo some of the skins you like.

Oh, and male avatars, seven feet tall, with tiny feet on the beach? No-oh.

Marianne Little wrote:

I really have not looked closely at the feet when I buy skin demos. I have worn Slink feet for such a long time.

But, before it was prim feet, I made a "Barefoot shape" with larger feet. Most female avatars use size zero feet all the time, since shoe makers only worked with size zero feet. I think my barefoot shape had feet size 18 or 20. This way, the feet form will look more realistic. Try this, and go and demo some of the skins you like.

Oh, and male avatars, seven feet tall, with tiny feet on the beach? No-oh.

I bought an Aphrodite skin from Unique and by switching my foot size to 18 my feet look reasonably presentable !

Of course I'm totally flat footed like most avatars !!   But at least I look as though I have some separation between my toes and not just a amorphous mass stuck onto the end of my foot.

Even gives the impression of a bit of gloss on the nails .  

They don't bare close scrutiny but look Ok at a distance !    

Well, I am one who looks at feet too, but I don't buy skins anymore :)  check out the feet on my Leah skin (well I think all of Leah is pretty sweet, but I may be biased) just check my picks in my profile for a link to the store, free demos are there.

Carmella Ruby - (Hmm I guess I need a new AV pick for the updated forums)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My favorite bare feet are by MPP. They bend at the ankles like the shoes do. I wear them bellydancing and just love them. They come with a hud so you can match skin color, and have an option for ankle bracelets and toe rings. A demo is available so you can try them out. I am extremely happy with them, and tried several different demo brands.

• Like 1

I bought the tip toed and flat foot versions of the Sim I Lar bare feet last weekend. They come with skin matching and nail polish hud, and you can show and hide the chain (but not the ankle part which does a good job of hiding the join at the ankle).  The store has demos of both so you can try before you buy. Adjusting them can be quite a slow process but if you have the patience, I think the finished look is pretty nice.  

Snapshot_161.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.