Under 30 days old.

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Occasionally I will meet a new person who wants new clothes. I remember when I was like 42 days old or so, a couple of girls told me, "oh, if only we had met you a few days ago you could have gotten these really nice outfits, but they are only for newly created accounts..under 30 days old."  Now, I don't know how true this was because I was never shown aforementioned items, but I was wondering, are there such things? If so, maybe you all could name some and I could direct these little newlings to them. Thanks.   :)

Yes, there are some places here in sl that gives free clothing or even free full avatar (human, furries etc) but you have to be like no more than 30 days old. 

I've seen one in OXBRIDGE UNIVERSITY, caledon sim. They even give rent free flats/rooms at their dormitory  for avatars not more than 1 week old. ;)

Skins and AO is often what newbies spend most money on. If they are under 30 days old, they can get a free skin from Imagen. She has both a male and female skin for newbies. It comes in all the shades from pale to deep tan. Disclaimer: I have not been in Imagen a few months. Hope the shop is still up. It is a pain to find in search, but it was possible to find it through Rack Brautigan's profile.

Free AO can be found in LAP mainstore. (Long Awkward Pose).

Amity Island sim used to have a nice supply of freebies (not totally sure if they still do).  If I recall correctly, they were for residents at least 30 days old and older.  In case you get someone just past the 30-day mark. :smileyhappy:

Arif Emor

There also used to be a hair designer-Diversity Hair-that gave out a single hair piece for avatars under 30 days.I still have mine and a couple I later bought once I got established in sl. Regretfully I can't seem to find them in world anymore. Not sure if that means they are gone or if Search is just being tiresome today.

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

Gurl 6 also will give hair to a new resident.  The newbie goes to Gurl 6, picks out a style/color set, and sends a notecard to the owner (whose name I forget - sorry!).  She'll send the hairpack to the new resident.

And Savoir Hair has a place inworld where all the hair there is either free or one linden.

I have lots of tips!

Poetic Colours provides a free pair of eyes to new players under 30 days old.  It's in a box outside the front of the store. 

Sweet Hairs gives a free (female) hair to new players, and you get a huge selection to choose from.   If you've seen their hairs you'll not want to miss this one. 

Sassy has a box near their MM board which contains a complete avie with hair, clothing, etc, for females under 30 days old.   

I believe that Twittery Birds also has outfits for new avies, male and female.  (Their clothing is a little on the eccentric side).

Exodi recently started giving out free avies to new players, and their skins are pretty good.  :smileyhappy: 

I'll post again if i think of any more.

I've been known to help a noob or two in locating some nice FREE items. When i started SL, i remember going to a place called "Free Dove". It's a location will all manner of free items for male and female avs. More recently, i helped a noob, and discovered that the designer "Spooky Mistwallow", Owner of  "Kastle Rock Couture", is the Director of, "Freebies For Newbies". A resident under 30 days can search her in the people search in world and teleport to her main store via the landmark in her picks tab or via this SLURL http://slurl.com/secondlife/Grand%20Isle/93/181/24

After going up the stairs and entering the store, go to your left and on the wall you will see a sign, "Freebies for Newbies". When you click on it, you will receive 3 items: a notecard with detailed instructions and two items that land in the "objects" folder of your inventory. The notecard will direct a new player to either join the group so that the inventory item can be rezzed (pulled out of inventory) there or to search for a public sandbox where the item can be rezzed. HOWEVER, after goign to where i could rezz the item...it's actually a "purse" that can be worn right where you get it. Once it's worn, it needs to be clicked and a folder is created in inventory and then go from there. The folder contains vouchers from a variety of designers. It's a bit time consuming, but each voucher will need to be properly read and directions followed in order to receive the FREE items.  Currently, there are 35 vouchers that include: outfits/dresses, eyes, cuddle rug, skin & eyes, jewelry set up to $200L, full av pack (Skin, shape, eyes, clothes, shoes, hair, eyes and a basic AO.), low prim chair, lamp, table, profile photo session, boots, barefeet or nails, household items...etc.

Another thing to keep in mind, there are always hunts going on! TONS of FREE stuff.  Teach a noob to hunt and he will be entertained forever! LOLS!! Hope this helps!!

~Mauren~

Mauren Mureaux wrote:

Another thing to keep in mind, there are always hunts going on! TONS of FREE stuff.  Teach a noob to hunt and he will be entertained forever! LOLS!! Hope this helps!!

~Mauren~

Ha Ha! How true, I have been addicted to the hunt since my first one. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My store -meme- has free shapes for male, female, and furry avatars at the front door. They use to only be available for under 30 days old, but I recently changed it so they are available to everybody.

They are shapes that are in a testing/feedback phase before they become standard merchandise, so the items available to occassional change, but there is always something available for everybody.

Also, the regular merchandise is all priced at $99L and comes with a version to give to a friend for free. So the price could technically be split between two people if they wanted. ( fair warning though, the transferable version is set to no copy, but is modifiable. )

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New%20Life/126/116/24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.