The Disappearence of Pixeleen Mistral and the Alphville Herald and LL's lack of accountability

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Radium Soup wrote:

Prokofy (never use a dozen cogent words when 800 random ones will suffice) Neva wrote:

rant rant rant. Possibly something about cats.

Such an abuse of internet bandwidth when you could have simply said "AH discarded me for my crazy hateful rants, then added insult to my injury by tolerating Woodbury members. I am angry and butthurt waah waah waah."

Prof worked for Achievement Hunter?!?!?!?  Damn.. i have to watch the old episodes and try and figure out who he was.. Wait.. Hold up.. Was he Ray? OMG!!!! Ray, come back to the AH crew!! We miss you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumpman Lane wrote:

(JUMPY, went to Duke afterall, The Harvard of the South). Well you lie down with dogs you come up with fleas.

you are way to modest. like way way

you a way bigger dog than they ever were. with monsta fleas all over you. They liked it. them fleas did

q; (:

Prokofy Neva wrote:

The impulse of Pixeleen at the Herald was spleen and jealousy that the Lindens made an effective and viable virtual world that people flocked to, based on different principles, while his world was barely functional and remained only a failed "proof of concept".

i agree

the thing he helped make was Croquet. They started out as a comercial endeavour

always seemed to me that Mr Cahill griefed SL bc Philip Rosedale got the market that Croquet never. Croquet and SL pretty much started at the same time conceptually. LL got the VC money and Croquet never and came second. Croquet went opensource in about 2006 and came second again behind Opensim

Well I'm NOT a griefer, hehehehe. I never did it for the LULZ. In fact I never did anything to anyone...that didnt have it coming. If I'm disliked or disparaged of any JUST action I've ever taken ANYWHERE then Cyrano i say ," Thank GOD, another enemy" hehehehe

Yus I'm bold brash impudent and vain just like that gasconade. what of it.

Simply put, Pix joined that band of permabanned griefers and after the third banning of the Woodbury's (oddly while donning My li Pony avis like WHAT?!?!), it became kinda hard to edit an organ whose chief purpose was to spew apologias and spit propaganda for virtual terrorists (even if so cuddly cute in My Lil Pony avis....er... WHY!?!?!). hehehehehe

And if you're refering to that lil suicidal tweet thing years ago, well ask Prok , i WAS TRYING TO SAVE THAT GUYS LIFE.  even tho he was no friend of mine, no kin of mine.

I reserve the right of ANY antipode to laugh at my opposite when he's down!  Mercy is for the weak!

his intelligence to develop complex system is where I find his value. many of the projects he developed reached success, which means that his focus was in the right direction.

I can not give you examples of succesful projects that he is working currently because probably he is working in none, he might be in a research stage.

about his participation in The Alphaville Herald, he may have contributed in some interesting articles, maybe bring to the public view some perspectives about this world (that is appreciated from various journalists), but i don't consider vital to the development of the world that source of information that can be obtained somewhere else, i do consider beneficial that the users would know what is happening inside the company that provides them the service, but not vital, a company can develop without giving information to the public about its internal procedures.

about the juvenile griefing that you were a victim of, i consider that no one should be a victim of griefing, and if Linden Lab acted upon his griefing and is the reason that he has been banned, i applaud Linden Lab for addressing the matter and let you enjoy Second Life as it was meant to be, following all its rules and making use of its potential.

i'm glad that you have been protected and justice has been made.

Jumpman Lane wrote:

Well I'm NOT a griefer, hehehehe. I never did it for the LULZ. In fact I never did anything to anyone...that didnt have it coming. If I'm disliked or disparaged of any JUST action I've ever taken ANYWHERE then Cyrano i say ," Thank GOD, another enemy" hehehehe

Yus I'm bold brash impudent and vain just like that gasconade. what of it.

Simply put, Pix joined that band of permabanned griefers and after the third banning of the Woodbury's (oddly while donning My li Pony avis like WHAT?!?!), it became kinda hard to edit an organ whose chief purpose was to spew apologias and spit propaganda for virtual terrorists (even if so cuddly cute in My Lil Pony avis....er... WHY!?!?!). hehehehehe

And if you're refering to that lil suicidal tweet thing years ago, well ask Prok , i WAS TRYING TO SAVE THAT GUYS LIFE.  even tho he was no friend of mine, no kin of mine.

I reserve the right of ANY antipode to laugh at my opposite when he's down!  Mercy is for the weak!

I seem to remember reading an interview in the Herald where you admit to being LLs paid attack griefer. Perhaps I am misremembering.

Radium Soup wrote:

Prokofy (never use a dozen cogent words when 800 random ones will suffice) Neva wrote:

rant rant rant. Possibly something about cats.

Such an abuse of internet bandwidth when you could have simply said "AH discarded me for my crazy hateful rants, then added insult to my injury by tolerating Woodbury members. I am angry and butthurt waah waah waah."

Simply delicious.

...Dres

jejjeje (:

you still a dog. Dont ever change ok

and wb as well (:

we lost lots of characters over these last few years. SL is pretty much homesteaded to pieces these days. I mean is ok bc is lots of people who like it how it is now. but yeah! really

i kinda miss just hanging out and playing football at Lime, on the patch next to Plum with the Limeys and the Frenchies and all them other crews who used to be round in them days. Which sometimes erupted into like total orbit city sometimes lol when somebody got their baw on. Not all the time, hardly not ever. But when it did jejejejeje (:

+

ps

i saw that your frenemy Stroker came back as well

(:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I seem to remember reading an interview in the Herald where you admit to being LLs paid attack griefer. Perhaps I am misremembering.

Are you admitting to believing something Jumpie said? I didn't think anyone with an IQ in double digits (or more, but there aren't many of them here) did.

Alec - to wax nostalgic about the SC2 cornfield occasionally

Point out something I ever said that was wrong. A virtual hug or two brought SOMEBODY back. That sex base was Briggi's scripting and CM's and CA's work too. NOT just my antipode's. Because I don't smile and tap dance around issues but tell it STRAIGHT hehehehe, I'm makin it all UP? Think not. :)

So you approve of griefers crashing servers and harassing people, even assaulting them with virtual sexual harassment?

Ok, so noted.

And remember it's not *me* alone who is attacked due to  whatever ideological hatred these nihilists experience about my exposes of them. It's my innocent tenants with whom they don't have a beef and who don't even know who they are. They genuinely disturb and distress unrelated, innocent people who come and find a creepy cut up effigy of me and my RL picture in their homes. Or me in blackface holding a Vote for Obama sign. What's wrong with you that you think that's funny and I'm a bore and a crazy cat lady? It's sick, they're sick, and the LL is hugely dilatory at addressing this recurring nastiness.

I don't think such behavior is to be tolerated and I don't think it's cool. I abuse report it. If that makes me a crazy cat lady ,that's fine, I think some people have lost touch with what is the normal rule of law in virtuality.

Oh, thanks. Now I remember that word was indeed Croquet, and it was Alice in Wonderland -- the Red Queen saying a thing was so because she said it was so, and all of that.

Indeed.

And  yes, that's why Pixeleen lauded and feted griefers in the Herald and joined them himself -- spite and spleen. Not pretty. Not cool.

Well perhaps Pixeleen will have the last laugh as the Lindens now take up portals and sims on demand out of the Croquet basket.

Hmm, I don't know how sincere you are.

Suffering the griefing antics of these characters for more than 5 years is hardly obtaining justice and their multiple bannings --- five times? six times? -- and seizure of their islands isn't justice, either.

Because they are back. And because the Lindens not only don't have historical memory; some of the Lindens have actively abetted this set of griefers as they think they are edgy and cool and some notion of free speech or free association is involved in their criminality. There isn't, but it's part of the whole red/brown ideology of some of the Lindens that there is.

Their current island is named "Rude" -- their silly new alts spam me with TPs and chatter and then some of them grief me in earnest, leaving creepy naked RL effigies of me dying in various ways -- perhaps a chicken is eating me or perhaps I am roasted over a fire. My glasses like broken nearby, as if to say "Piggy" in Lord of the Flies. Uber creepy.

And uber easy to fix by deleting these files from the asset server and not letting them recur. Oh, you say, they could just make new ones. Um, no, massive, multi-prim complex structures aren't so easy to keep making, and at the very least LL could prevent the copies stashed in freebie boxes on their sandboxes from being available for the latest fresh alt that spawns after their previous day-old is deleted finally after a month of havoc by dilatory LL.

Just one such incident repeating from an avatar traced to ownership or even habituation of this island should be enough to seize it again -- but the real issue is that the Lindens let it keep recurring with the same people. They've actually negotiated with them at times. Since this commuter college they once went to represents no income or glory for LL, I can't fathom what this is about except for ideology.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

So you approve of griefers crashing servers and harassing people, even assaulting them with virtual sexual harassment?

Ok, so noted.

And remember it's not *me* alone who is attacked due to  whatever ideological hatred these nihilists experience about my exposes of them. It's my innocent tenants with whom they don't have a beef and who don't even know who they are. They genuinely disturb and distress unrelated, innocent people who come and find a creepy cut up effigy of me and my RL picture in their homes. Or me in blackface holding a Vote for Obama sign. What's wrong with you that you think that's funny and I'm a bore and a crazy cat lady? It's sick, they're sick, and the LL is hugely dilatory at addressing this recurring nastiness.

I don't think such behavior is to be tolerated and I don't think it's cool. I abuse report it. If that makes me a crazy cat lady ,that's fine, I think some people have lost touch with what is the normal rule of law in virtuality.

Now to really scare folks: I agree with Prok. Especially the part I bolded above. (I even have the cats!)

Prokofy Neva wrote:

You may need to read this:

You may need to read this: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/supercede

(Note that I have even used the - deprecated - US dictionary, which occasionally offers apologia for misuse by Americans)

In particular the bit where it explains that the word is actually derived from the Latin "supersedere" and that "supercede" is an error - which has widespread currency because of the pretentious ignorance of those who think that the word is derived, as many others are, from a composite of -cedere.

Alec - as I say, to use it as a measure of pretentiousness; I also use it as a measure of struthitis

portals are a gamer thing. Like the ones at the Linden Portal Park that go to the Linden Realms crystal game

am pretty sure that Sansar is going to be like that. There will be most likely be Landmarks teleport as well I think. But portals will be the thing I think for the Gamer Experiences that LL hope that people will create

i am personal hoping that if they do do portals then LL will allow the time in the portal to be adjustable. From insta teleport timelike it is now in SL, to for example:

if fly a spacecraft into a portal then the portal could be set to 5 or 10 mins, or even an hour. And then if can create effects for while the craft is in the portal then will be quite good

altho can expect that if this effect was available then some people will addy it to pieces. LL even, for basic accounts maybe 

+

also as well

i listen to what Danger Linden said at the SLB10. He said that basic accounts (assume meaning free signups) will have some "land" to build and rez stuff on

quite a few of the bloggers since interpret that to mean that basic accounts will get free land

i dont think this is correct. I think what was meant was that there will be public sandboxes for this. Same as in SL now

so I think that if people want own land then they will have to buy or rent, same as now

eta: public sandbox in the sense that anything rezzed will be auto-returned after some time. It might be private tho. Private meaning that can go into sandbox mode when unpacking/rezzing stuff

+

the zillion dollar question I think for everyone, is whats the minimum allocation to buy off LL direct. And the next zillion dollar questions are:

1) can the allocation itself be parcelled and can they be sold or rented

2) can the allocation be set next to another allocation with seamless border crossing and not have to go thru a portal

me and some others tried to get Ebbe Linden to give some clues on this in the Ask The CEO but nah! he never said anything

+

i think that bc of what Ebbe hasnt said (but have by not saying) is that land as a resale product to other residents is going to be basically worthless

the "spaces" thingy that they seem to be going for is land printing on demand

rentals will probably be ok tho if the "spaces" can be parcelled

is going to be capable of both apparently

Occulus Rift headset (which LL said they are enabling to start with) is going to be just another device that can view/manipulate the sansar world with. Dont have to have/use it if we dont want.

will still be also keyboard, mouse, touch pad/screen, navigator, voice mike, as well like in SL

their idea (LL) from what I been able to understand is that people/residents who create/sell experiences in Sansar, can custom what they make for the headsets if they want. Or not. as they like    

I am looking forward to a continuation of this conversation between the faux-street Jumpy and the antipodesler irihapeti

It's a shame David Foster Wallace isn't alive to see what he made up in the way of belletristic gobbledygook come true.

Alec - a bit of bidirectional parallel incomprehension now and again

irihapeti wrote:

i always look forward to your random continuation of joining into convos

It isn't random; it's just that you need a more complex intellect to understand the rationale of the cultural allusions, references, intertextualities and insinuations.

Alec - it when some people get it; and some people don't; it's entertaining either way

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.