Can we have a Dutch/Belgium board please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I would like to suggest next to the other languages we also have a Dutch language board.

There are very many Dutch and Belgium people in SL and I think we would greatly benefit from such a board.

Name: Belgisch/Nederlands forum

Do you agree?

Ja jongelui, ik vind dat wij net als de Duitsers, Italianen, Spanjaarden, Chinesen en nog een paar talen ook wel ons eigen board verdienen hier op de forums. Er zijn genoeg Nederlanders en Belgen in SL om zo'n board te vullen.

Wie is het met mij eens?

Apparently, translation of the Forums, Blogs, and Answers (and one would hope the Knowledge Base, as well) is on the agenda of the next Community Tools User Group.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group

There's also a JIRA issue linked to at that page that you may want to 'watch" (votes soon to be discarded altogether).

P.S. Community Feedback might be a better sub-Forum for this.

ETA: Hmmm. When I go back to that page, the agenda is no longer there. I'm guessing that was yesterday's (Thursday's) agenda? Here's the link to the JIRA, anyway: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3731?

All Dutch people that I ever met were able to communicate in English.

Besides, take a look at the German boards. Germans are one of the largest non-English communities in SL, and their subforum is pretty much empty. There are only five short threads that weren't started by a Linden. With the exception of the Spanish forum, the other international forums are even more void of content. Do we really need yet another forum with two lonely threads in it?

SimonLeo Roelofs wrote:

Hello,

I would like to suggest next to the other languages we also have a Dutch language board.

There are very many Dutch and Belgium people in SL and I think we would greatly benefit from such a board.

Do you agree?

Ja jongelui, ik vind dat wij net als de Duitsers, Italianen, Spanjaarden, Chinesen en nog een paar talen ook wel ons eigen board verdienen hier op de forums. Er zijn genoeg Nederlanders en Belgen in SL om zo'n board te vullen.

Wie is het met mij eens?

Hi Simon,

I am Dutch, but do not see the benefits of yet another subforum.  It would be more of the same for me, because I cannot think of Dutch specific topics which need a special forum.

But that's my opninion, maybe there is a need..we'll see the responses :)!

Belgian? *IS* there such a language? Or are you suggesting that the subforum should be restricted to those who live in Belgium, were born in Belgium, or who claim Belgian nationality? And as for "Dutch" - I understand there are all sorts of dialects. But then, I suppose we have one "Spanish" subforum, despite the multiple languages spoken in Spain, to say nothing of the versions across the Atlantic.

SimonLeo Roelofs wrote:

Hello,

Do you agree?

Wie is het met mij eens?

I say yes ... because I love Belgian Beer .... *meows*

I doubt it will be of any use. There have already been made Dutch boards outside of SL about SL in the past that are pretty extensive and were not a great succes ( I recall 'secondlife.nl' ). Besides the Flemish nor the Wallonians should be seggregated into seperate groups here. Wallonians don't have a seperate mention in the French section as well.

Disagreeing, for it's unlikely to me it's needed or will be succesful in participation for the sheer lack of numbers.

____

Oneens. Het lijkt me gewoon niet praktisch genoeg om vol te houden gezien het lage percentage dat wij als taalbehoeftigen in de rest van de wereld hebben. Belgisch / Nederlands is ook een slechte omschrijving omdat de Belgen meer behelsen dan enkel de Nederlandstaligen.

Sorry 'ouweheer' ..

Unlike most other countries represented on the SL forums, pretty much all the Dutch people who manage to get the internet to work speak English eventhough it is not their first language.

So not sure if we need one especially as I would not be interested in anything Dutch related in SL.

Cato Badger wrote:

Belgian? *IS* there such a language? Or are you suggesting that the subforum should be restricted to those who live in Belgium, were born in Belgium, or who claim Belgian nationality? And as for "Dutch" - I understand there are all sorts of dialects.

F.Y.I. In Belgium there are 3 main languages spoken ( aside variations in dialects ) namely Dutch (Flemish), French(Wallonians) and German (minority living near the Ardennes).

There are hardly any dialects in the Netherlands aside the Limburgian dialects which are actually Dutch/German mixtures.

Aside that there are the Frisians who have their own recognised language within the Dutch kingdom.

This is not about the Dutch ability to speak and understand English. I think the Dutch speaking community(this includes a big part of Belgium as well)  in SL is large enough to deserve a board of their own just like those other countries have.

It is also nice to new Dutch speaking SL-ers to find a board in their own language. It makes the sense of community much stronger.

I am indifferent.  I will not be able to use the new forum, but if there is a demand, and content is provided; I can't see why not.  I agree with Ishtara, I have been to the Netherlands many times; most speak English, perfectly.  

I was hoping to get a Brooklynese Forum - call it what ever you may, but I was going for: Da Forum.

I am not a Brooklynite, but I have many friends who either hail from or still live in that country. Over 20% of Americans can trace their roots to Brooklyn.  I live a short 4 iron away.  

I can guarantee one thing: it will be a great read!   A Brooklynese forum will be an enjoyable experience for all.

Storm Clarence wrote:

I am indifferent.  I will not be able to use the new forum, but if there is a demand, and content is provided; I can't see why not.  I agree with Ishtara, I have been to the Netherlands many times; most speak English, perfectly.  

I was hoping to get a Brooklynese Forum - call it what ever you may, but I was going for: Da Forum.

I am not a Brooklynite, but I have many friends who either hail from or still live in that country. Over 20% of Americans can trace their roots to Brooklyn.  I live a short 4 iron away.  

I can guarantee one thing: it will be a great read!   A Brooklynese forum will be an enjoyable experience for all.

Yous **bleep**atabout da ones dat neva lived in Brooklyn but call dis way a speakin OUR WAY.  Kinda like inherit-whateva.  I mean, don laugh.  Im like serious!

/me pops a bub

pop.gif

ETA:  now, dats funny.  Da censer *bleeped* out da part a da werd dat mighta sounded like i was dissin a dude who likes another dude.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.