Celebration Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This thread is intended to offer a place for forumites to announce promotions beyond the serried ranks of Residents (of whatever type, Honred, Dishonorable etc) and to present themselves for congratulation and recognition of the services that they have offered to the forums. I have started this because I noticed that Venus Petrov appears to be a Member now, and I can't remember her being one yesterday, although I may be mistaken. Step up Venus and explain why you think you have been acknowledged as making a significant contribution to the community!

I can't speak for Venus, but she has a cousin who is married to a guy named Joe who plays golf on Tuesday's with the husband of Linda who owns a Bistro in SF (across the street from LL headquarters.)  Every Wednesday "Lexie and the Mods" dine at the Bistro.  I was told Linda's son, the chef, put in a good word for Venus with the aunt of one of the mods. 

But maybe Venus can tell the story a little better.

Storm Clarence wrote:

I can't speak for Venus, but she has a cousin who is married to a guy named Joe who plays golf on Tuesday's with the husband of Linda who owns a Bistro in SF (across the street from LL headquarters.)  Every Wednesday "Lexie and the Mods" dine at the Bistro.  I was told Linda's son, the chef, put in a good word for Venus with the aunt of one of the mods. 

But maybe Venus can tell the story a little better.

Well, yes, that's mostly correct.  Linda's son switched out some California chardonnay for a French version just for chuckles to see if Lexie and her crew could tell the difference.  They could.  According to the chef, they vowed to order just French wine from that day forward even though it cost about USD15/bottle more than the local wine.  When they asked Chef Peter why he did the switch he said that a relation of a guy who plays golf with his Dad every Thursday has been on SL for four years now, recently mentioned the new forum and how she had gone from MASTER rank to mere HONORED RESIDENT and the wine he just served them was her favorite.  Lexi took notes and vowed to rectify the situation.

Thus, the change.

Plus, I have been lobbying for an adult subforum.  I really think that was the kicker.

P.S.  I will still reply to my friends here, no worries.  I have not 'changed' nor do I feel privileged in any way.  I am still 'Venus'.  Plain and simple.

Storm Clarence wrote:

@Venus the blue 'M' pin matches your hair in the profile pic so much better than the ugly orange.  I hope when I get 'promoted' I get a green ranking pin.  Just saying.

I agree!  /me whispers 'I will put in a good word for you with Lexie.'

cheer.gif

Why look at that!  Storm Clarence has achieved the (questionably) awesome rank of MEMBER just this morning!  I did not think that Lexi would work so quickly but she must have awakened early to see my PM.  Post on, Storm, post on!

P.S.  Apologies for the lack of green.  LL can do only so much.

Storm Clarence wrote:

I am waiting for the free, powered by lithium, SL forum member, t-shirt that comes with my 'paid' membership subscription.

@Venus, thank you for pulling some strings .  I couldn't wait to begin posting tags on my posts - what a privilege. 

You are most certainly welcome!  And, with regards to tags, forget tagging my own posts, I cannot wait to lay some on other posts.  Yours, for example.  /me wonders if there is a limit to tags and if that would serve to limit creativity

Venus Petrov wrote:

Why look at that!  Storm Clarence has achieved the (questionably) awesome rank of MEMBER just this morning!  I did not think that Lexi would work so quickly but she must have awakened early to see my PM.  Post on, Storm, post on!

P.S.  Apologies for the lack of green.  LL can do only so much.

Wow you two! Both in 24 hours. I am going to have to make a New Rank Icon and work on this T-Shirt that Storm wants. :smileysurprised:

/me welcomes Venus and Storm

In your Member package you will find keys to the Member Only washroom, where things are not as rank ( I will leave you to fill in your own reasons for that ;P), Member T-shirts, a book of coupons to Starbucks for 10% off a small coffee, and the faux air of Superiority.

Keep up the good work, you will be Superusers in no time!!!

I really don't like this ranking system.  It only creates an invisible wall between me and other honored residents.  The only thing I wanted was for everyone to have the same functions available when they are making posts - no forum user should have to earn privileges to post and communicate - everyone should *always* have the most (and quality) tools available to assist in communicating their message.   I do think that if someone abuses these tools then the tool should be taken away.  

The playing field has been leveled.  We are all privileged to post videos.  Yay! 

Storm Clarence wrote:

I really don't like this ranking system.  It only creates an invisible wall between me and other honored residents.  The only thing I wanted was for everyone to have the same functions available when they are making posts - no forum user should have to earn privileges to post and communicate - everyone should *always* have the most (and quality) tools available to assist in communicating their message.   I do think that if someone abuses these tools then the tool should be taken away.  

The playing field has been leveled.  We are all privileged to post videos.  Yay! 

I totally agree with your sentiment, Storm.  The important thing is that the best tools for this forum are available to all.  Rank does not matter.  What I also like is that one cannot 'see' the rank unless one runs the mouse over it.  We ALL make this forum what it is and will be.

Cato Badger wrote:

This thread is intended to offer a place for forumites to announce promotions beyond the serried ranks of Residents (of whatever type, Honred, Dishonorable etc) and to present themselves for congratulation and recognition of the services that they have offered to the forums. I have started this because I noticed that Venus Petrov appears to be a Member now, and I can't remember her being one yesterday, although I may be mistaken. Step up Venus and explain why you think you have been acknowledged as making a significant contribution to the community!

+1 Kudo for Cato

I can't wait till I am promoted and will have a legitimate reason to post in this thread.

So, see you in 2025!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.