Sign in to follow this  
Diane Macbain

Brendens and Natalyas landing on sims and leaving

just in general.... it isn't allowed to mention names in the forums.

Also not for possible/ or not possible bots

it can be totally harmless visitors.

And even they are active criminals, report them, but still not allowed to name here

The estate ban list quit working for me around the beginning of 2016. Bots (including the Brendens, etc.) started showing up & staying. Parcel bans still work but you have to add the names to each parcel's ban list, and that's a pain.

There's a Jira ticket Bots Allowed to Bypass Estate Ban that was entered in August 2014 that's still being updated with examples of bots showing up even though they're banned. I don't know why the problem suddenly got worse for me.

holy **bleep** lol .... I have been having the brenden , selena, riley, natalia , rhinana and ( a few more other name)  issues too! and no one knows what they are for? they creep me out :(  

Yup, they're still operating. I went to a clothing store for a riotvend and Riley Z popped in.  They were regulars on a sim I used to rent on at the end of last year and another I used to visit, roleplay, combat, and shops type place, and I thought for a while it was a friend's alts, but no.

I haven't seen them yet where I currently reside.

Incidentally the "Stop Right There Crasher Scum" and other HUD system mentioned earlier in the trhead are now no longer available or working, I'm told the SRTCS database was no longer accessible, and the other HUD is no longer listed on marketplace.  So.. these bots are not likely to be related to those systems unless there's a sneakier one in use still.

Detecting people's viewers is against ToS, and has been for several years.

The most that can be said for that system is that it bans people who were detected, some 4 or 5 years ago, using illegal viewers.   So it is of only limited help here, I think.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Detecting people's viewers is against ToS, and has been for several years.

The most that can be said for that system is that it bans people who were detected, some 4 or 5 years ago, using illegal viewers.   So it is of only limited help here, I think.

As I recall at the time of the TOS and TPV policy change in 2012 Oz said that the Server would no longer broacast this info.  I can't find a direct quote right now, but there is a reference to it in the Firestorm blog.

"LL has indicated that they will be breaking the viewer tagging system for ALL third party viewers between Tuesday and Wednesday with the region updates."

http://www.firestormviewer.org/new-additions-to-the-third-party-viewer-policy/

So any claim that a system can now detect what client is being used would be more than likely bogus.

Well it may still work with these alts as they are 7 years old and in the data base system already. If only LL would look into it and find out their purpose. Yes it could be bogus as we have been fooled before by a guy with a thing called " Goonbouncer " the guy was a real con artist. Apparently he has passed away but his sim ,club and bot rental business is still running

FantaC Call wrote:

Well it may still work with these alts as they are 7 years old and in the data base system already. If only LL would look into it and find out their purpose. Yes it could be bogus as we have been fooled before by a guy with a thing called " Goonbouncer " the guy was a real con artist. Apparently he has passed away but his sim ,club and bot rental business is still running

The system would not know what client is being currently used. 

And as far as LL investigating, maybe they have.  But it is exceedingly rare to the nth degree that LL ever publicizes the outcome of an investigation.

Also, if his SIM/Club is still running someone has to be paying the bills (tier).  ;)

The Brendens, Natalias, et. al. aren't alts, they're bots. As such they'd by a computer using a viewer meant for the purpose. I have no idea what they're used for -- you'd have to find the person/company that's running them to find out.

LL isn't going to look into this group of bots; these bots are just a small subset of all the bots popping in & out around SL.

FantaC Call wrote:

Still using an illeagal viewer so up to something

How, unless you are yourself using banned equipment, do you know what viewer anyone is using?   

FantaC Call wrote:

Still using an illeagal viewer so up to something

All bots are up to something, or they wouldn't exist. Why worry so much about this particular batch of bots? They don't seem to hang around long or bother anyone. I know of 27 Brenden/Heaven/Natalia/Riley/Selena bots but I've got over 170 bots in my list.

The ones that pop in at ground level and slowly rotate (likely taking pictures) are much more fun to play with anyway.

Wait. So you're saying that these "Brendens" are triggering CDS's bad-viewer detection?

Finally we know the long-elusive purpose of the Brendens: To troll CDS users.

FantaC Call wrote:

The equipment I was talking about is still available on MP (
) feel free to report it to LL.

But that doesn't tell you what viewer someone is using.   All it does is tell you that they're on the CDS blacklist because CDS detected they were using a bad viewer several years ago.   It's as much use as a chocolate teapot.