Hey guys, we have a problem . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's nice to know I can't log in and get my avatar to load a shape, skin, clothing and etc. It's nice to know I can't teleport to a sim and listen to some live music like I wanted to. It's nice to know I can't meet my wife at said live music venue, while I'm out of town, no less, so we can do some things together in SL.

Thanks, LL, for giving me so many 'It's nice to knows". I really appreciate it. My wife thanks you, too, if you even care about her, either.

Official word....

[Posted 8:27 PM PDT, 01 October 2014] We are currently performing unscheduled Inventory Database maintenance. During this time, some residents may experience login issues,inventory loading issues and an inablity to rez. Residents in-world may also be logged off. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions during this maintenance. Please check back here for updates.

Don't panic...grab your towel and hold on tight....

LL have done this consistantly for over 8 years. They announce improvements and go right on and screw it up again. In an Industry where 100000 errors is considered acceptable why is it the programmers at LL created 2500000 and still keep their jobs. Possibly LL dont really want SL to work properly after all

Sorry, but I'm tired of seeing these threads started whenever people can't log in to SL immediately. With a bit of research, ie look at the grid status page, they'd see there is a temporary problem or that rolling restarts are going on. Instead, they jump here and complain....rolls her eyes.

Be glad it only happens for a short time. When I started SL the entire grid was shut down on Weds starting at 8 AM SLT. Supposed to just be for 4 hours,,that became 6 that became 8. Then SL would crash and be unstable over the weekend. They'd finally get it fixed by Tuesday, just in time for a new roll out.

At least now, you get rolling restarts so you can move to a different sim and the whole thing isn't shut down. Some things that happen may not show up on limited testing but come out to be a problem with open use. Just keep your shorts on and be patient. Not seen current problems last for more than an hour or so.

ElijahJerrick wrote:

It's nice to know I can't log in and get my avatar to load a shape, skin, clothing and etc. It's nice to know I can't teleport to a sim and listen to some live music like I wanted to. It's nice to know I can't meet my wife at said live music venue, while I'm out of town, no less, so we can do some things together in SL.

Thanks, LL, for giving me so many 'It's nice to knows". I really appreciate it. My wife thanks you, too, if you even care about her, either.

Maybe you should check out OSGrid, the largest Open Sim grid. Of course, they had a problem with their inventory servers on August 18.

And their grid is still not back up yet.

Hi Adelle,

Your local copy of the inventory list has probably been corrupted. Go to Preference->Privacy and click "Clear History". Log out, then log back in (preferrably to a quiet place, so your SL connection isn't constantly busy with scene traffic. Wait patiently while the inventory list reloads. Don't teleport anywhere, as that may break things again. You'll know the reload is complete when the count in the inventory window stabilizes at your expected value.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.