can only equip 38 items D: ?

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is there a way around this ??

like combining 15 items into one thing ??

i bought an outfit and its like this

pCXNVFe.png

is there like a way to make these item a complete shirt boot and skirt instead of useing up my equipment slots because creator was either lazy or wanted way too much customization ?

Dora Gustafson wrote:

You can have 
on each attachment point

:smileysurprised:
:)
:smileyvery-happy:

but this breaks stuff if its scripted for my pelvis and i move it to my foot some stuff just becaomse weird static and doenst line up right 

also i have so much equipped i cant actually equip more stuff unless i take something off

Splatulated wrote:

Dora Gustafson wrote:

You can have 
on each attachment point

:smileysurprised:
:)
:smileyvery-happy:

but this breaks stuff if its scripted for my pelvis and i move it to my foot some stuff just becaomse weird static and doenst line up right 

also i have so much equipped i cant actually equip more stuff unless i take something off

It looks like some of those items are repeats - for example, you've attached a "hood", "shirt ruffles" AND a "hood and shirt ruffles." If you're using the combined item you don't need to attach the separate items - they're only for if you want to use the hood OR the shirt ruffles separately.

Splatulated wrote:

is there like a way to make these item a complete shirt boot and skirt instead of useing up my equipment slots because creator was either lazy or wanted way too much customization ?

The creator was neither lazy, nor "wanted too much customization". In fact, the creator here did you a favor, this creatore put multiple versions of the same outfit in the package so that YOU could customize, and not have to buy two versions of the same outfit.

As others pointed out, you're wearing more than you need. For instance, if you want to wear the jacket and the shirt at once, wear the one that says "jacket and shirt" and do NOT wear the plain "jacket"(jacket icon) or the "peasant shirt"(shirt icon), as the "jacket and shirt" has both in it. The same likely applies with the skirt, there are likely two types of skirt in there, A and B. Pick the one you like the best. Unless of course A and B, combined, make up the skirt, in which case you would need both.

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

The creator was neither lazy, nor "wanted too much customization". In fact, the creator here did you a favor, this creatore put multiple versions of the same outfit in the package so that YOU could customize, and not have to buy two versions of the same outfit.

As others pointed out, you're wearing more than you need. For instance, if you want to wear the jacket and the shirt at once, wear the one that says "jacket and shirt" and do NOT wear the plain "jacket"(jacket icon) or the "peasant shirt"(shirt icon), as the "jacket and shirt" has both in it. The same likely applies with the skirt, there are likely two types of skirt in there, A and B. Pick the one you like the best. Unless of course A and B, combined, make up the skirt, in which case you would need both.

A and b = the skirt 

and yeah i equipped the entire folder o.O

what do i need to unequip ?

Right-click an item in the folder, and select 'detach'

SL uses the terms attach and detach, not equip and unequip. It'll help you sound less like a newbie if you get used to that.

As to which items you need to detach... that depends on the outfit. Remove the ones that leave you with the most free space. Keep those that work best with the outift and use the fewest attachment points.

I don't condone this kind of laziness normally but Im in a good mood so here goes:

Remove: Belt (or belt with sash if you just want the belt)

Jacket L&R Sleeve

Jacket (if you leave on Jacket, shirt L&R sleeves - 1 item)

Hood (or hood and ruffles if you dont want ruffles)

shirt sleeves L&R (you don't need them if you have a jacket on)

Shirt (as there is one in the Jacket item)

shirt ruffles (you have 3 lots on...detach the 2 separate ones)

maybe A or B for the skirt (depending on what each actually gives you)

When putting on outfits don't just add outfit, read through them first. As has been said with such complex outfits all creators (who frankly if they are making this intense costumes are neither lazy or careless) give you different options. I think you've been here long enough now to know this and wonder if you aren't just having a laugh at all those who help you. If so, laugh away...

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

I don't condone this kind of laziness normally but Im in a good mood so here goes:

Remove: Belt (or belt with sash if you just want the belt)

Jacket L&R Sleeve

Jacket (if you leave on Jacket, shirt L&R sleeves - 1 item)

Hood (or hood and ruffles if you dont want ruffles)

shirt sleeves L&R (you don't need them if you have a jacket on)

Shirt (as there is one in the Jacket item)

shirt ruffles (you have 3 lots on...detach the 2 separate ones)

maybe A or B for the skirt (depending on what each actually gives you)

When putting on outfits don't just add outfit, read through them first. As has been said with such complex outfits all creators (who frankly if they are making this intense costumes are neither lazy or careless) give you different options. I think you've been here long enough now to know this and wonder if you aren't just having a laugh at all those who help you. If so, laugh away...

i dont even know

this was me removing shirt with ruffles chest after removing hood and leaving on hood with ruffles 

http://i.imgur.com/xSvdXyw.gif 

Personally, I would detach EVERYTHING. Then go one by one adding each item. That way you know which pieces you need, which pieces you don't like, etc. THEN, you can make a couple of folders within that outfit folder, like "Extra Layers," or "boots," "jacket," "shirt." However you want to organize. That way, you have a folder you can just wear without having to go through this process again, and the extra pieces separate in case you want to mix things up. 

But, as far was what you're wearing right now, you can remove one of the skirts. If you can't tell the difference, it shouldn't matter which one you remove. The difference might be lenggth, or something else, so you can remove them both and then put them on one at a time to see if there is a difference.

You may or may not be able to remove one of the three sets of ruffles you're wearing, or more than one. Not definitely, though. You have Waist, Chest, and Hood + Shirt ruffles. Are those all the same? They might be set on different attachment points, for convenience; or they might each be a separate item. Waist seems to be it's own item, but chest and hood+shirt might be the same. Everything else looks like something you need for the complete outfit. It's cute, so enjoy it!

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

Personally, I would detach EVERYTHING. Then go one by one adding each item. That way you know which pieces you need, which pieces you don't like, etc. THEN, you can make a couple of folders within that outfit folder, like "Extra Layers," or "boots," "jacket," "shirt." However you want to organize. That way, you have a folder you can just wear without having to go through this process again, and the extra pieces separate in case you want to mix things up. 

But, as far was what you're wearing right now, you can remove one of the skirts. If you can't tell the difference, it shouldn't matter which one you remove. The difference might be lenggth, or something else, so you can remove them both and then put them on one at a time to see if there is a difference.

You may or may not be able to remove one of the three sets of ruffles you're wearing, or more than one. Not definitely, though. You have Waist, Chest, and Hood + Shirt ruffles. Are those all the same? They might be set on different attachment points, for convenience; or they might each be a separate item. Waist seems to be it's own item, but chest and hood+shirt might be the same. Everything else looks like something you need for the complete outfit. It's cute, so enjoy it!

wasit is its own and chest and hood do this 

http://i.imgur.com/xSvdXyw.gif%C2%A0

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

They both do the same thing? Then you don't need both, just one. Not having the outfit, myself, I would think the hood+ one would add something at the head or in the back of the outfit, but I could be wrong. All I can do is speculate.

i was just removing the chest ruffles 

hood n ruffles have shorter length amount of ruffles and ciombined it seems more ruffley

I'm still unsure whether we have someone genuinely struggling or the alt of an older resident who is experimenting on the tensile strength of our collective patience. I have a grudging admiration for Splat's enthusiasm, and I'll keep trying to help with a mixture of amusement and barely restrained frustration.

Splatulated wrote:

...and once again, instead of figuring out if you've done something wrong, the assumption is that the creator was lazy.

Plenty of us have been here long enough to know many of SL's nuances, limitations and workarounds and along with others, i'm happy to give my time to try to offer help.  Since others have already answered the technical mechanics, please let me offer the intellectual fix.

Please spend more time learning and less time blaming others for your present lack of skills!

For those who help you who are also creators, you should try to appreciate that you are painting with a rather broad brush by rushing to assume that the creator of the things that you buy has done something wrong, been lazy, broken it, sold it when it didn't work.  The list goes on.  While some creators do make mistakes, it happens, it's easily done but it's just as frustrating to see lack of knowledge, inability to google and other shortcomings used to taint a reputation of someone more competent who has in cases, tried hard to make something awesome, despite the challenges that are sometimes faced.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.