soo i entered 10,000 lin and clicked buy and entered my pass

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

since family cancelled paypal due to being charged $300.00 for osmething they didnt purchase and still not getting the money back after 2 weeks 

they are unwilling to enter credit card info 

I don't think anyone has asked you this yet, and I am not sure why, but how old are you?  Why can't you acquire and use your own payment info?

im un willing get a credit card because i dont want monthly fees for osmething I will use once 

I tried to get paypal once it some how got hacked during sign up i didnt tell anyone i was getting paypal but a few days after creation and entering my bank info waiting for the verification money they send to arrive my password stopped working then a week after that so did my email 

I called paypal and tried to figure out what the hell then i tried making a new account and adding my bank card to that but since you can only have one bank account per account and it was locked in old one i couldnt set up a new account 

i then called paypal for assistance and they couldnt find the old account to remove the card from it i even asked them if they could add the bank account for me and still wouldnt work 

they then told me is nothing they can do and that they are very sorry and i haven't bothered with paypal since 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Splat

I understand your reluctance.  Have you thought about a pre paid credit card. 

Shop around...some, like post office have one fee only...here in Australia, its called  Load&Go Visa  $7.00.  

There are no credit checks, just require your  DOB and  mobile number.  

MasterCard offer Prepaid that you can 'top up' but there are minimal fees for doing this and I think you need bank account.

mastercard/prepaid/FAQ

CheriColette wrote:

Hi Splat

I understand your reluctance.  Have you thought about a pre paid credit card. 

Shop around...some, like post office have one fee only...here in Australia, its called  Load&Go Visa  $7.00.  

There are no credit checks, just require your  DOB and  mobile number.  

MasterCard offer Prepaid that you can 'top up' but there are minimal fees for doing this and I think you need bank account.

LL does not accept all, or even most prepaid cards, so it isn't likely to help here. Those LL takes are few and far between and there is still no rhyme or reason to why, which ones, etc...For example some people have great luck with greendot or Walmart prepaid cards, while others have no luck at all with them. Totally hit or miss.

If you really want to use a prepaid card, you need to use a third party exchange to buy lindens. Of course you do so witht he knowledge that you are doing it at your own risk and LL assumes no responsibility should something go wrong. That said, many, many people use them, without issue. Still, precautions are always important.

CheriColette wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

LL does not accept all, or even most prepaid cards, so it isn't likely to help here. 

Is there a list then of the ones LL will except?

Nope, there is no list. Like I said, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to why some work, and others don't, even when they come from the same company. It can truly be annoying, there's just not really anything that can be done. It has been this way for years. Even people who once never had an issue with a certain card, or type of card, have run into the problem. It makes about as much sense as most things the lab does, to be honest.

Tari Landar wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

LL does not accept all, or even most prepaid cards, so it isn't likely to help here. 

Is there a list then of the ones LL will except?

Nope, there is no list. Like I said, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to why some work, and others don't, even when they come from the same company. It can truly be annoying, there's just not really anything that can be done. It has been this way for years. Even people who once never had an issue with a certain card, or type of card, have run into the problem. It makes about as much sense as most things the lab does, to be honest.

does any one know of any that currently work ?

Splatulated wrote:

Maybe I wans't clear enough, so I'll try again...

There is no "ones that work" list, period. Even if one works for one person, there is no reason to expect it will work for everyone. I have a walmart card that works fantastic. Yet, I have a friend, with the same card, from the same walmart(same location that is), that does not work, at all.  The same can be said for nearly every other card on the market. There are some that seem to never work, some that work once in a while...and no balance in between the two. Even a card that works today, may not work tomorrow.

I suggest using a third party exchange, personally, for all the reasons you have already stated that limit you from buying directly. I have never had a problem with them, and in fact don't personally know anyone who has. That doesn't mean absolutely no one ever does, but it seems, to me, those instances are likely as rare as an instance of having issues with LL themselves. I think they used to be a lot more frequent, but that could be purely anecdotal on my part as well. Either way...if you can't buy lindens directly, this IS your best (read only) option.

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

There is no "ones that work" list, period. Even if one works for one person, there is no reason to expect it will work for everyone. I have a walmart card that works fantastic. Yet, I have a friend, with the same card, from the same walmart(same location that is), that does not work, at all.  The same can be said for nearly every other card on the market. There are some that seem to never work, some that work once in a while...and no balance in between the two. Even a card that works today, may not work tomorrow.

I suggest using a third party exchange, personally, for all the reasons you have already stated that limit you from buying directly. I have never had a problem with them, and in fact don't personally know anyone who has. That doesn't mean absolutely no one ever does, but it seems, to me, those instances are likely as rare as an instance of having issues with LL themselves. I think they used to be a lot more frequent, but that could be purely anecdotal on my part as well. Either way...if you can't buy lindens directly, this IS your best (read only) option.

will they at least work with the 3rd party sites gauranteed ? and if so which is most reliable for canadians ?

Splatulated wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

will they at least work with the 3rd party sites gauranteed ? and if so which is most reliable for canadians ?

You already asked this and were answered in THIS THREAD (POPS)

Second, if you have no Paypal as you stated (account cancelled) or access to a credit card, etc, HOW DID YOU GET PAYMENT INFO ON FILE?

payment info.jpg

Third, did the transaction you originally asked about go through or not?  Are you the proud owner of $10,000L or not?

In fairness to the rough people: He has twelve threads started on just this page of this forum alone ( remniscent of the Mumbai Call Girl threads).  While people in a discussion forum do not mind answering questions, there are designated forums for questions, and altho Spatulated has been referred to them, he continues to post several question threads a day in this forum as well as some others. 

It is also not unreasonalbe to expect someone with questions to make some effort to discover the answer himself before posting in a forum.  Yes, it is easier to just post questions in a forum than it is to do a Google search, but if too many people do it, the forum gets overwhelmed with the kind of questions that a very little digging would turn up the answers to. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

In fairness to the rough people: He has eleven threads started on just this page of this forum alone ( remniscent of the Mumbai Call Girl threads).  While people in a discussion thread do not mind answering questions, there are designated forums for questions, and altho Spatulated has been referred to them, he continues to post several question threads a day in this forum as well as some others. 

It is also not unreasonalbe to expect someone with questions to make some effort to discover the answer himself before posting in a forum.  Yes, it is easier to just post questions in a forum than it is to do a Google search, but if too many people do it, the forum gets overwhelmed with the kind of questions that a very little digging would turn up the answers to. 

Actually, He is a She.

Or at least it's Avatar is.

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

Y'all are some rough people.  Glad I don't have any questions.  

Not even remotely rough, imo. Some people can only be helped so much, and to be frank...this person is not willing to accept or even read the help given. He, or she, obviously isn't actually asking the questions for assistance sake.  Although, I haven't yet seen any of the threads go the way they typically would at this point, that being sheer frustration from forumites(typically deserved in those cases). Nearly everyone has actually been quite nice to this person, despite the willful ignorance.

Shrugs...

I have asked a ton of questions in the mesh forum. Because it is such a valuable resource, and I respect and value the time and effort of the helpers there, I try not to waste either. I try to find out answers on my own before I come to that forum for help. I dont expect anyone to do for me what I can do for myself. I avoid flooding the mesh forum with questions that can be answered with a Google search.

I also express gratitude for the help I receive. It is the least I can do.

People who dont value and are not respectful other people's time and effort do not deserve the help they get, IMO. They are not interested in learning to fish but in having others do the fishing for them.

Since those Mumbai threads were mentioned ill just ask out of curiosity. Do you all respond in those? Or do you just leave that person alone and move on since those probably don't deserve an answer. Why the pile on for some and not for others? Again just curious. I've never opened those Mumbai threads so I don't know if anyone responds or not.

Since those Mumbai threads were mentioned ill just ask out of curiosity. Do you all respond in those? Or do you just leave that person alone and move on since those probably don't deserve an answer. Why the pile on for some and not for others? Again just curious. I've never opened those Mumbai threads so I don't know if anyone responds or not.

They were bot spam, why even open and answer them? And they were at least deleted once or twice a day...but still pretty annoying.

FIrst it would probably be helpful to point out the actual pile on, since no one else can see it. Most people don't respond to clear spam, like those mumbai threads. However, in this case, people genuinely wanted to help...and have, extensively, thinking that the poster was genuinely curious and needing assistance. There is a huge difference between the two types of threads. Personally, neither type of thread bothers me, nor did the amount of threads this particular OP has started. What bothers me is the clear refusal to listen, learn, and, I don't know, be grateful folks are around to help at all. I know I sure am grateful when folks help me out.

Since those Mumbai threads were mentioned ill just ask out of curiosity. Do you all respond in those?
Or do you just leave that person alone and move on since those probably don't deserve an answer. Why the pile on for some and not for others? Again just curious. I've never opened those Mumbai threads so I don't know if anyone responds or not.

The difference being that the Mumbai threads are posted by non-users (bots - accounts that are opened without any intention of using SL), whereas these threads are started by an actual SL user(s). Huge difference.

@everyone. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that these threads are nothing more than a wind-up, possibly by somebody we know. So I may comment in the threads, like this post, but I won't be offering any answers to the user(s) questions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.