Fact or Fiction "FIRESTORM VIEWER REMOVED FROM TRUSTED VIEWER LIST AT LINDENLAB"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone any info if this is true?

Web site says.....

"

BREAKING NEWS: FIRESTORM VIEWER REMOVED FROM TRUSTED VIEWER LIST AT LINDENLAB

Lindenlab, the creator of Second Life, has announced recentry in a urgend message, that the creators of the Firestorm Viewer has stolen thousands of Login details with his products the firestorm viewer.

The lab told us after investigation that every user should change the password for secondlife as fast as possible and the viewer will be banned from login to secondlife shortly."

Personally, I doubt this is true. Nothing in that regard on the phoenix website or any other reputable sources...just the spelling in that text is suspicious...I get that the writer is German...but also seems to hold a grudge against the viewer..

I'm voting for a troll/hoax.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Do you believe any bullsh*** that gets posted on some random dudes website, which is in no way associated with the viewer in question or Linden Lab? This person doesn't even care for using spell check for his articles.

Holger Gilruth, is an ESLer so a lot of things in his blog do have poor Engrish.  I do believe he is German.

He is also a member of Pete Linden's by invitation only Second Life Press Corps group. (It would be interesting to see who all the members are).

It sure looks like a Bat Shiat crazy post to me also.  I would expect Jo Yardley or James Wagner Au to be out of the gate first with an announcement like that if it came from LL.

We do know that their are still some very rabid Firestorm haters out there but I was not aware of him being a member of that group.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Do you believe any bullsh*** that gets posted on some random dudes website, which is in no way associated with the viewer in question or Linden Lab? This person doesn't even care for using spell check for his articles.

, is an ESLer so a lot of things in his blog do have poor Engrish.  I do believe he is German.

He is also a member of Pete Linden's by invitation only
group. (It would be interesting to see who all the members are).

It sure looks like a Bat Shiat crazy post to me also.  I would expect Jo Yardley or James Wagner Au to be out of the gate first with an announcement like that if it came from LL.

We do know that their are still some very rabid Firestorm haters out there but I was not aware of him being a member of that group.

From his other posts I see that he speaks German (so do I). But if I would want to play important journalist and want to offer my readers a believeable message of such importantness....I would take a moment and at least double-check my text for some simply mistakes.

Even in his german news his writing is sloppy...the kind of sloppy where even in the first 3 sentences you can find major mistakes, grammar- or spellingwise. I know from both languages how hard it can be to write good, but I see no effort put into the whole thing here.

My honest opinion? Pete Linden should kick him out of that press group again.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

, is an ESLer so a lot of things in his blog do have poor Engrish.  I do believe he is German.

From his other posts I see that he speaks German (so do I). But if I would want to play important journalist and want to offer my readers a believeable message of such importantness....I would take a moment and at least double-check my text for some simply mistakes.

Even in his german news his writing is sloppy...the kind of sloppy where even in the first 3 sentences you can find major mistakes, grammar- or spellingwise. I know from both languages how hard it can be to write good, but I see no effort put into the whole thing here.

My honest opinion? Pete Linden should kick him out of that press group
again.

^^^^My Bolding^^^^

Apparently you know something I don't know.   :)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

It sure looks like a
Bat Shiat
crazy post to me also.  I would expect Jo Yardley or James Wagner Au to be out of the gate first with an announcement like that if it came from LL.

I'm so sorry to derail this thread considering the OP was so well thought out and obviously earnest (or maybe not: the press club reporter in question hasn't been back for a few hours see below.) but your bolded words closed so many synapses in my brain that I was just compelled to visit YouTube. I could not in fact find a clip where Peter Sellers says, "...Colonel Bat Guano, if that really is your name...." but this one is close enough:

Remember pay phones?

I could go on but I won't. If a pilot's really good, see. If he's really sharp....

Edit: I remembered that the person who started the thread had a dfiferent name than the person whose blog article was referenced. and who was identified as being a member of the press club.  Either way, I have my doubts regarding the truth of the assertions.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

It sure looks like a
Bat Shiat
crazy post to me also.  I would expect Jo Yardley or James Wagner Au to be out of the gate first with an announcement like that if it came from LL.

I'm so sorry to derail this thread considering the OP was so well thought out and obviously earnest (or maybe not: the press club reporter in question hasn't been back for a few hours) but your bolded words closed so many synapses in my brain that I was just compelled to visit YouTube. I could not in fact find a clip where Peter Sellers says, "...Colonel
Bat
Guano, if that really is your name...." but this one is close enough:
Remember pay phones?

I could go on but I won't. If a pilot's really good, see. If he's really sharp....

One of my all time favorite movies!  :)

Jessica Lyon wrote:

Completely bull... some folks apparently have nothing better to do. Anyways, I've posted a blog post on the firestorm website addressing the lies and pointed out what I believe is the motivation. Very pathetic.

Jessica Lyon

Project Manager

The Phoenix Firestorm Project, Inc

I blame it all on you, Jessica... how dare you not personally address the concerns of one insane resident?  I believe it's time you start doing just that and, as a show of faith, you can start with me... I'm just as insane as the rest of them, afterall.

belly-dance.gif

...Dres

Thanks. I think most who read the OP considered it probably bullsh but it's nice to see a response from the target. You must have posted while I was either writing or editing becuase I didn't read your until after I'd written mine.

That leaves me free to continue the derail. Perrie, it's one of my all-time favorites as well.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Thanks. I think most who read the OP considered it probably bullsh but it's nice to see a response from the target. You must have posted while I was either writing or editing becuase I didn't read your until after I'd written mine.

That leaves me free to continue the derail. Perrie, it's one of my all-time favorites as well.

Perrie, I didn't mean to say that he was kicked out before, but that Pete should revoke his decision. May wording probably sounded a bit misleading, because in German you actually have that word in this kind of sentence.

Ren Toxx wrote:

Ezziedq Mirabella wrote: [...] 
Lindenlab, the creator of Second Life,
has announced recentry in a urgend message
[...]

Where?

Mr Gilruth has been doing some Ninja editing on his initial Google plus post about this "urgend message" from "LindenLab" and deleted all the comments there calling it a hoax and asking for the source.

When asked for the source Holger replied that it was a group notice sent out in Pete Linden's "Second Life Press Corps" group.

Holger deleted the question but not his reply, you can see it  HERE

Incase he deletes that too, heres a screencap

2014-07-27 - 10.01.01 ~ capture.png

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Ren Toxx wrote:

Ezziedq Mirabella wrote: [...] 
Lindenlab, the creator of Second Life,
has announced recentry in a urgend message
[...]

Where?

Mr Gilruth has been doing some Ninja editing on his initial Google plus post about this "urgend message" from "LindenLab" and deleted all the comments there calling it a hoax and asking for the source.

When asked for the source Holger replied that it was a group notice sent out in Pete Linden's "Second Life Press Corps" group.

Holger deleted the question but not his reply, you can see it 

Incase he deletes that too, heres a screencap

2014-07-27 - 10.01.01 ~ capture.png

He is also blacklisting anyone who made a comment about it being utter crapola... like me. I'm guessing he didn't like the fact i told him i sent the admins at Firestorm a link to his page and also one to Ebbe directly...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.