Mesh Breasts/Butt

RegularBlonde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there

I have just joined Second Life today. I have to admit, I am TOTALLY clueless about how to look good or the whole technological aspect of it. But just now I got into a conversation with somebody about Mesh breasts etc who said that is the way to go, and although I don't really understand what Mesh is, I would be interested to know from somebody how i would go about buying Mesh breasts / butt etc as I want to put my heart into this and look my best! So I would be interested to know which are the best to buy, and how i would go about this. I guess my concern is having my clothes fit, not that I have even bought any yet!

If someone could give me some help with this or even a brief crash course about Mesh breasts etc I would be very grateful.

I am posting this having used Second Life for a matter of hours so please be kind to me in your responses!

My username on Second Life is RegularBlonde Resident if anyone wants to talk to me directly about it. Thanks!

Opinions will vary of course but i'd say that advice is not necessarily going to serve you well.

For now, save your money, don't go spending it on items which are in a state of flux and where you may end up buying other clothing items that aren't compatible.

Mesh breasts or butts are usefull, when you aim for a very curvey shape (simply want to have them way too big), because if you turn the sliders of your avatars shape way up, those areas start to look rather bulky and not very smooth. Mesh attachments give you a far more realistic experiance.

But like with everything in life, there is a downside. And its not just the price.

When you wear an attachment (like mesh breasts), your clothes won't go over it. Most mesh clothes are completely impossible to be worn with those attachments and clothes that are based on flat textures will need special appliers to copy the texture onto your breasts or butt.

Most important is that your skin has as well appliers for your breasts/butt attachment.

My personal opinion is, that you do not need those butts and breasts to look pretty. I would also suggest that you explore SL a bit more and get used to it, before you buy anything expensive.

There's more than just mesh breasts and butts. There are mesh feet and hands. There are mesh faces now too but if you don't want to go that far you can get mesh lips. Don't forget mesh eyes and ears too.

A lot of clothes in SL are mesh and don't work with mesh breasts or butts. So you will end up with less choices in clothing. Mesh feet look really good when it comes to heels although they are hard to wear with stockings. 

Bree Giffen wrote:

There's more than just mesh breasts and butts. There are mesh feet and hands. There are mesh faces now too but if you don't want to go that far you can get mesh lips. Don't forget mesh eyes and ears too.

A lot of clothes in SL are mesh and don't work with mesh breasts or butts. So you will end up with less choices in clothing. Mesh feet look really good when it comes to heels although they are hard to wear with stockings. 

There are some stockings that come with appliers for the slink mesh feet. But it still limits the choice of clothes of course.

When you listen to people inworld, they will all tell you what they like, What do YOU like? 

If you want very exaggerated curves, then mesh parts can be better than the default avatar body. Becuse just making the default breasts bigger also makes them "blocky". For a thinner shape with medium sized breasts and butt, mesh is really not that necessary.

You should have fun in SL, learn how to adjust your shape with the appearance menu, trying on free stuff and all the demos you want. Also, I recommend NCI. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/New_Citizens_Incorporated

They have lots of classes where you learn more about how SL works and all that "SL speak". What is a HUD? An AO? How do you wear two tattoos the same time? What is the difference between system clothes, rigged mesh and fitted mesh? How do yoou unpack a box with stuff? How do you find things you bought in your inventory? They have Makeover classes where you learn a lot about avatar appearance.

We have finally hit the realm where boob/buttock parts are coming normal sized and not exagerrated.

For normal sized non exagerated mesh boobs and butt, there are two products to consider:

Tatas - these are fitted mesh boobs that are the same size as the built in ones. (find on marketplace).

U Luckie fitted mesh butt - normal - this is a fitted mesh lower body that is the same size as the default avatar. ULukie (Ursula Luckless)

The benefit of using this is in posing and animation.

First being fitted mesh means they will resize with the shape dials - just like your defaul body, and they will 'animate' with "avatar physics" for boobs and butt jiggle.

But as mesh, they bend better. Poses that squash your butt (most sits) or angles that leave your boobs looking really odd (inverted gravity when upside down) will look a LOT better with these.

- When wearing mesh clothes this doesn't matter becayse if the clothes were made well they will bend right...

But if your avatar is ever nude for any purpose, you're going to want both of these products to avoid looking cartoonishly deformed.

Getting the uLuckie butt demo, and then just sitting on a random edge in SL... and looking at oneself from the side and rear... you'll be amazed that "wow, I no longer seem squashed". Then again, we're so used to how horribly the regular avatar bends, then many of us have forgotten how bad we look from behind or the side when sitting.

You can wear some clothing with these.

The Tatas will accept anything that is based on a 'lolas applier'

The uLukie mesh butt will accept anything based on a Phat Azz applier (but you have to manually move the notecard from the phat applier to the uLuckie applier - which is easy to do and they have instructions for those who've never edited anything in SL).

The uLukie body also comes with 7 versions that end at different heights, for wearing mesh feet, shoes, stockings, etc... I've even managed to adopt it onto digitigrade faun and dragon legs.

The tatas will seem no-mod, but in the newest update you can edit them and manually adjust your texture, or use the HUD to adjust the texture. They have something no other fitted mesh boob has - piercing options for each nipple individually. There is built in clothing, and the ability to wear appliers... But as these are NORMAL sized, you really only need to wear them when nude.

(smart users could wear system clothes and then apply the system clothes to them by using the UUID of the system clothes textures.)

Finally... for boobs, it is worth looking at vString's petites - this is a set of 3 different shapes that are 5-10% larger than normal. So close that with a shape dial you can make them normal. The shapes though, are very distinct and will go a long way towards giving you more options for 'feeling natural' because the default avatar appears to have been made by someone with ZERO experience in having or looking at the female body...

Danika group yesterday had a notice about an imminent release od a fitted mesh butt. To fit in with their style I would expect it to be fairly petite, so will be worth keeping an eye open for.

For completeness when considering feet and shoes. I think it worth mentionining skifija (or maybe skifja) 's 2+2 range. There are some very nice shoes for them in store and as well as their own hold up appliers about half Style pantyhose's range supports them.

Mesh attachments are generally for more seasoned users who know what they do and understand how they work, and who have also decided for sure that that's what they want. The reason I say this is because they're not completely necessary and although they may look nice (with the proper appliers), they severely limit your clothing and skin choices. Granted I wanna say a good 70% of designers make appliers for the Tangos and Azz mesh attachments, not everyone does. The same goes for the Slink hands and feet. While I personally won't wear the default hands and feet and will always wear my slinks, that does not hold true for everyone. By "seasoned users... etc" I just mean people who have shopped around and decided for sure that mesh attachments are something that they want to invest in, know how appliers work and that they are not always available, and understand that it limits their potential wardrobe by quite a bit.

The purpose of the mesh attachments is to replace body parts you do not like the shape of, or ones you just want an "enhanced" version of. For example, boobs when the slider is brought to near 100, start to get bulky, blocky, and over all just bad looking. The mesh breast attachments not only smooth all of that out but also provide a more "realistic" shape (I put that in quotations because to me they are usually far beyond any realistic level of perkiness for their size and often appear to defy gravity). The default hands and feet are very low-poly, meaning they have very little detail in terms of geometry and the mesh attachments will replace them with a much more pleasant and detailed look. The same goes for the mesh bum, where it will give you a more realistic and nicer looking bum as well as smoother legs with a nicer shape than the default. The thing is though since mesh attachments replace the body part, your clothing will not go over it unless the designer who made the clothing makes an applier for the body part, just as your skin on said body part will also not match if the designer of the skin you're wearing hasn't made skin appliers. If you find yourself in a situation where your skin does not have appliers available, there IS a tinting system that actually works rather well so you can get them to be seamless between tinting to the right color and wearing a blending layer so there's no obvious line where it ends.

I would suggest shopping around a bit and learning the basics of your shape and clothing before you decide to buy mesh attachments. The only ones I would always recommend are the Slink hands&feet because since those are pretty much the "standard" right now, most shoe designers no longer make shoes for the default feet.

As for the bum and boobs, shop around, buy regular clothing  that you like (that isn't necessarily made for those products), and see if you feel like you are "lacking" in that department. If you find that your boobs just aren't big enough for your style, or that your bum and legs just aren't cutting it, then I'd suggest buying the attachments. But don't buy them just because one person said it's the way to go, everyone has different tastes. I own boobs, butts, hands, feet, and a mesh body but the only ones I wear on a daily basis are my Slink hands&feet. There are demos for the hands and feet, mesh bodies, and the bums BUT there are no demos for the Lola breasts, and they have a rather high price tag ($1750L), so I wouldn't recommend buying them until you're absolutely sure you want them.

Jade Glazner wrote:

The mesh breast attachments not only smooth all of that out but also provide a more "realistic" shape (I put that in quotations because to me they are usually far beyond any realistic level of perkiness for their size and often appear to defy gravity). 

If you find that your boobs just aren't big enough for your style,

BUT there are no demos for the Lola breasts, and they have a rather high price tag ($1750L), so I wouldn't recommend buying them until you're absolutely sure you want them.

There are at least three 'mesh boobs' on the market now that are in one case the same size as the default boobs, and in the other two cases only a tiny bit bigger (but fitted so you can put them on, and then cut your breat size dial by 5, and be back to the size you had before).

So they're not just for the 'big baboom' crowd anymore.

Oh and... Lolas is the only mesh boob that lacks a demo. The other brands have them. Tatas is a free demo, vStrings demos are 1L. The third was also free demo - but I forget its name...

unrigged mesh boobs are kind of the 'old thing' now too, because they're not fitted, wearing them is like mounting plastic caps over your boobs... no movement. Granted Avatar Physics is usually dialed to a LOT more than realistic. But locked at none is just as awkward...

Most current mesh boobs are 600-1000L now.

Eventually I'm going to have to buy one of these for this account... or start using my faun alt for more than just 'sampling stuff.'

I have avoided mesh hands... because they can't change with your AO. My AO tends to point, open hands, close hands, and so on a lot... But I've been very tempted because the mesh hands out there do look rather good...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.